-IF- Brendan Rodgers were to get the push

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:38 am

eds » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:23 am wrote:
killerp » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:29 am wrote:Our problems do not end with Rodgers, as I have said before our football issues go all the way back to Boston. While we have non-football people appointing inept staff to run the club, the trend of gambling with below par managers and below average players will continue. After seeing Rodgers in the transfer market with a decent warchest there is no doubt he should be relegated to youth team manager at best. I have no confidence that FSG can find a manager to "fix" our problems.

With Man U clearly back on track....i'd say the top 4 is full until Arsenal implode or the oil wells run dry. I think the height of our future achievements will be having the odd skirmish with Spurs and Everton at 5th.

I couldn't agree more mate.

While everyone's attention is on Rodgers and the tripe he has served up this season in terms of signings and coaching, our biggest threat isn't even being discussed when its plain as day that there are some MASSIVE concerns.

The core of our problems lies with these yanks and that they have absolutely no understanding of the game and are trying to implement a failed system of recruiting young players with the obsession of one day making a massive profit on one of them. There is a very dangerous cult out there, and few on here as well, that will defend them tooth and nail with stupid arguments of balancing the books, getting us out of debt and the recent stadium expansion plans. But when you raise the bottom-line which is improvement on the field, they don't have an answer and go crawl under the rocks they appeared from. In the end their arguments are all things that you would expect from any decent owner(s) as a basic PASS mark, but for these cultists and delusional idiots its the BE ALL and END ALL of how truly "exceptional" they are as compared to the previous two swindlers we had before them. You know because they are a good benchmark to compare yourself against.   :suspect:

The problem now is that we are discussing how we move on beyond Rodgers and quiet frankly I have absolutely no faith in that our owners will:

a) Bring in the right manager this time that has the experience and reputation to spot or bring in better players
b) Bring in better executives that won't f**k up our chances of getting better players
c) Allow the new manager to spend money on improving our starting XI and our spine
d) Put an end to this "young player" and "moneyball" nonsense which has left us in the state we are in

As long as these guys are our owners and at our club our longer term future incredibly bleak.

Personally I don't think the owners are doing to much wrong eds, granted the signings have been a disgrace and the money wasted has shocked me, I wasn't too pleased when Kenny was released, but he was our choice not theirs. I think they were pre mature letting him go, But you can't accuse them of being tight with funding. £200,000,000 we've spent in two and a half seasons and seen next to no return on that.

One big mistake they made was offering that contract to Rodgers based on last season, that was a huge mistake and one I said was a mistake at the time. Had I been an owner and that happened I'd have at least given it till half way through the season after to assess... especially after losing his best player to make sure w e had the right man who can cope with bad situations.

Also when working on the owners Rodgers should be mentioning players like Song and Begovic, 26 and 27... Goalkeepers don't lose value till 34ish, unlike an outfield player... Song in his prime would strengthen us immensely in the midfield and sometimes the best way to build a side is two or three top players along with a few young prospect we could bring in and bring on.

Signings the likes of Assaidi are good business, signning them for £2,400,000 and selling for £4,500,000 after loan spells is quite a handy way of topping up the money, but you can't really do it with £8,000,000 players (Generally) Coutinho aside...

The "money ball" thing is ***** to an extent... The kids from the academy should earn you money as well as you would hope to produce great players and players who are good enough to play in the top leagues (value's upto a few million) on a fairly regular basis.

Up to now, I can't say I'm too fussed with the owners either way, I don't see what people have against them (apart from the appointment of Rodgers :;): ) but that's with hindsight.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby mramo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:00 am

Dundreamin is back » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:58 pm wrote:Dundreamin is back » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:35 pm wrote:
The King in as caretaker then in the summer Rafa. BR has lost the dressing room,the fans and I can't see FSG putting up with it much longer especially with the investment they have put in the squad and ground. We are basically back to the Hodgson era

The king back? I think youve literally "dun dreaming", mate.

And what the fook is wrong with that. He should of been given more time before FSG brought Rodgers in. In Kenny,s first full season we got to 2 cup finals and a 8th finish. If that was offered to you now would you take it? I know I would

I wouldnt certainly NOT have him back at all. And neither would the majority of fans.
He had his 2nd opportunity and it did not work out for him. We're not looking for someone to "steady the ship" as per 2010/11. We are technically in all competitions and not far from 4th place. That is whats wrong with that!
mramo

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:10 am

cardiff-red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:08 am wrote: there is a good chance BR will get the push, Stan Collymore stated as much last week,

Lads this thread is disrespectful, we're going through a rough period but it doesn't mean we panic.

And we do not put ANY credence on what that inbred moron Collymore says. Clearly the younger members of the forum don't remember or know what a c*nt of a person he was and is.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:17 am

Reg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:10 am wrote:
cardiff-red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:08 am wrote: there is a good chance BR will get the push, Stan Collymore stated as much last week,

Lads this thread is disrespectful, we're going through a rough period but it doesn't mean we panic.

And we do not put ANY credence on what that inbred moron Collymore says. Clearly the younger members of the forum don't remember or know what a c*nt of a person he was and is.

Reg, regarding Collymore i know exactly what he did (beating up the weather girl from tv am), i don't give him any credence, to clarify i was assuming that as an ex player he would have good contacts still at the club and based his statement on information received from these sources

The thread was meant as a hypothetical discussion based on -if- BR gets the push who would you like to see as a replacement, obviously the thread has gone off in many different directions as it always does here  :laugh:

Cheers (not so young) CR  :help
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:55 am

Everyone's young compared to me CR! ;-)
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:35 pm

Brendan Rodgers brought us within an inch of winning the league last year, that was a season I'll never forget. But this year he's made so many glaring mistakes and it all started in the transfer market. The players he's brought in has actually weakend the squad. I think Can and Markovic have potential,  but the rest are average players at best. He never brought in a good backup keeper which is also proving to be a big error on his part.

Lovren, Lallana and Ballotelli cost us around £60million.. its not even funny to think of what that could have got us.. we could have got 2 world class players for £30million.
I believe he only got Ballotelli because he failed to get rid of Borini which would have generated an extra £14million to spend.

Its just been a disaster and he's now lost the faith of the fans and also the players.

He has to go.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:37 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:35 am wrote:Brendan Rodgers brought us within an inch of winning the league last year, that was a season I'll never forget. But this year he's made so many glaring mistakes and it all started in the transfer market. The players he's brought in has actually weakend the squad. I think Can and Markovic have potential,  but the rest are average players at best. He never brought in a good backup keeper which is also proving to be a big error on his part.

Lovren, Lallana and Ballotelli cost us around £60million.. its not even funny to think of what that could have got us.. we could have got 2 world class players for £30million.
I believe he only got Ballotelli because he failed to get rid of Borini which would have generated an extra £14million to spend.

Its just been a disaster and he's now lost the faith of the fans and also the players.

He has to go.

Who would be your preffered replacement mate ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:11 pm

I've always rated Klinsmann but don't think he would take the job.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:26 pm

parchpea » Dec 15th, '14, 13:11 wrote:I've always rated Klinsmann but don't think he would take the job.

I don't think he's actually liked in the US, well not that much anyway. I guess he can talk a good game, pretty much like BR, but that's about it. I reckon he'd be trouble if he was was brought anywhere near LFC.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby killerp » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:36 pm

As long as these guys are our owners and at our club our longer term future incredibly bleak.[/quote]

Bleak is the word right now... I look at our assembled team and keep wondering....how could it come to this?

Why do we not learn from our mistakes!!!!!!

This is pose has not changed for the last 6 months...my ***** mood is stuck in perpetual mode right now..

killerp

Postby Octsky » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:41 pm

sack the transfer committee and bf, appoint a dof,
revamp scouting network,
appoint stevie as player manager,
hire klopp, de boer, rafa or simione next season
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Up to now, I can't say I'm too fussed with the owners either way, I don't see what people have against them (apart from the appointment of Rodgers :;): ) but that's with hindsight.[/quote]

The owners are amateur and naive in football terms. They don't know a quality manager, the right CEO or which players they absolutely should sign.  If we had an already well established manager of good pedigree with a solid squad they would be fantastic owners and be able to sit back in Boston and visit once a season and I couldn't care less.

Unfortunately we need people running the place who can build solid foundations. Our current foundations look like they wont last another season under the pressure.
killerp

Postby ethanr » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:22 pm

I don't get all this anger at the owners. They hired a manager who got us back into the CL and almost won our first PL title with what was considered a mediocre team before the season started. They've supplied him all the funding he could really need. Our stadium expansion is finally confirmed and under way, and we're staying at Anfield. We've set up a large number of sponsorship deals, and significantly increased the likes of our shirt sponsorship so that we can compete in FFP.

What more do you want from them? Do you want Tom Henry to throw on a shirt and go play striker for us? Do you want him to kidnap Messi and make him sign a contract at Anfield? Hold a gun to Guardiola's head until he does the same?

Are you trying to tell me that the Monsour's are footballing genius'? The Glazers? Stan Kronke? They know how to run a business, just like FSG, and that's what you need in football now to set the field up for success. They've done everything they can, so where this animosity is coming from I'll never know.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:31 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:37 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:35 am wrote:Brendan Rodgers brought us within an inch of winning the league last year, that was a season I'll never forget. But this year he's made so many glaring mistakes and it all started in the transfer market. The players he's brought in has actually weakend the squad. I think Can and Markovic have potential,  but the rest are average players at best. He never brought in a good backup keeper which is also proving to be a big error on his part.

He has to go.

Who would be your preffered replacement mate ?

I would love Diego Simeone.. he basically did what Rodgers did but actually won the league. He has alot of passion and knowledge of the game.

You also look at what he did in the transfer market this year and had to be impressed. He lost big players for him last year players like Costa, Luis, Villa, Diego and Courtois(loan) and brought in players like Griezmann, Mandzukic, Cerci to replace them.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:13 pm

ethanr » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:22 pm wrote:I don't get all this anger at the owners. They hired a manager who got us back into the CL and almost won our first PL title with what was considered a mediocre team before the season started. They've supplied him all the funding he could really need. Our stadium expansion is finally confirmed and under way, and we're staying at Anfield. We've set up a large number of sponsorship deals, and significantly increased the likes of our shirt sponsorship so that we can compete in FFP.

What more do you want from them? Do you want Tom Henry to throw on a shirt and go play striker for us? Do you want him to kidnap Messi and make him sign a contract at Anfield? Hold a gun to Guardiola's head until he does the same?

Are you trying to tell me that the Monsour's are footballing genius'? The Glazers? Stan Kronke? They know how to run a business, just like FSG, and that's what you need in football now to set the field up for success. They've done everything they can, so where this animosity is coming from I'll never know.

I agree with you, I dont blame the owners, these comments that they only buy young players to make a profit on is rubbish, what about Kolo, Lambert and Lallana is not exactly just out of nappies (diapers to you) is he.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion