-IF- Brendan Rodgers were to get the push

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:47 pm

-IF- Brendan Rodgers were to get the push who would you think is a realistic option of us getting in as a replacement

There is no doubt, like or dislike the guy, that he is now under massive pressure, the owners have already been pretty brutal when it comes to big decisions, look at Hodgson and Kenny, both were put to the sword with ruthless decision making

Possible candidates, based on reports have been...

Rafa Benitez

Jurgen Klopp

Ronald Koeman

Frank De Boer

Jamie Carragher

AVB

Guus Hiddink

Sami Hyppia

Michael Laudrup

Diego Simeone
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:05 pm

For ***** sakes with these threads lads!

BR won't get the sack at least until the end of this season. First of all, the owners will have to pay 4 years of his remaining contract if they fire him. Secondly, the players will have to adapt to a new manager, which will take time, so a new manager won't be able to change anything this season. And finally, a good new manager will ask for new players, his players, and this winter that will be impossible because of FFP and I doubt we even have the funds for new signings. No one from the caliber of Simeone, Klopp or even Koeman would come here under those conditions (and why the f*ck would they even want to do that now? their teams are much better than us at the moment). If we sack Rodgers now, the only available managers to us will be the likes of Tony Pullis or Garry f*cking Monk, Villas Boas at best.

Like it or not, Rodgers is staying for the time being, so stop it with these ridiculous threads already!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:08 pm

Damjan, it's a general discussion forum, there is a good chance BR will get the push, Stan Collymore stated as much last week, so therefore it should be discussed who members think would be the most suitable and obtainable manager when BR gets the push

For me i would like to see Rafa back, look at what he managed with the funds he had under the previous owners, he only lost it towards the end but that was not all his fault
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:27 pm

damjan193 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:05 pm wrote:For ***** sakes with these threads lads!

BR won't get the sack at least until the end of this season. First of all, the owners will have to pay 4 years of his remaining contract if they fire him. Secondly, the players will have to adapt to a new manager, which will take time, so a new manager won't be able to change anything this season. And finally, a good new manager will ask for new players, his players, and this winter that will be impossible because of FFP and I doubt we even have the funds for new signings. No one from the caliber of Simeone, Klopp or even Koeman would come here under those conditions (and why the f*ck would they even want to do that now? their teams are much better than us at the moment). If we sack Rodgers now, the only available managers to us will be the likes of Tony Pullis or Garry f*cking Monk, Villas Boas at best.

Like it or not, Rodgers is staying for the time being, so stop it with these ridiculous threads already!

You know manure fans wouldn't agree with that  :no  look at the turnaround in their results and position. Look at southampton also and how the spark from a new manager turned them around.
Rodger's through his own doing has alienated half of his own players Damjan and that never ends well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:28 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:27 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:05 pm wrote:For ***** sakes with these threads lads!

You know manure fans wouldn't agree with that  :no  look at the turnaround in their results and position. Look at southampton also and how the spark from a new manager turned them around.
Rodger's through his own doing has alienated half of his own players Damjan and that never ends well.

@Redtillidie - who would you like to see ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:35 pm

The King in as caretaker then in the summer Rafa. BR has lost the dressing room,the fans and I can't see FSG putting up with it much longer especially with the investment they have put in the squad and ground. We are basically back to the Hodgson era
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:36 pm

Van Gaal started off worse than Moyes until the Glazers gave him £200m to throw at the team. If the owners would have given Moyes that £200m who's to say he wouldn't have turned them round?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:46 pm

BR won't get the sack at least until the end of this season. First of all, the owners will have to pay 4 years of his remaining contract if they fire him. Secondly, the players will have to adapt to a new manager, which will take time, so a new manager won't be able to change anything this season.

The owners made a Massive mistake last season giving him that contract, you can usually tell after 2 years weather you have a good manager, sometimes you need the third year to really make your mind up.

And to your point about them not being able to change things thats complete rubbish. A new manager would probably assess what they have and build the system around the better players and their strengths and weaknesses because Rodgers has clearly lost sight of our players strengths and weaknesses, hence we look all over the shop every game.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:46 pm wrote:

BR won't get the sack at least until the end of this season. First of all, the owners will have to pay 4 years of his remaining contract if they fire him. Secondly, the players will have to adapt to a new manager, which will take time, so a new manager won't be able to change anything this season.

The owners made a Massive mistake last season giving him that contract, you can usually tell after 2 years weather you have a good manager, sometimes you need the third year to really make your mind up.

And to your point about them not being able to change things thats complete rubbish. A new manager would probably assess what they have and build the system around the better players and their strengths and weaknesses because Rodgers has clearly lost sight of our players strengths and weaknesses, hence we look all over the shop every game.

Welcome back Stu, would genuinely like to hear your opinion on who you believe would be a good fit for us please
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:49 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:28 pm wrote:

@Redtillidie - who would you like to see ?

De boer, klinsmann or rafa would be my choice.
the first 2 have earned their spurs and are ready for the next step up imo. both very successful as players with a lot of experience at the top of the game and both have gained proper recognition as managers.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:53 pm

I think Rafa as head coach and Cara as his number 2 (if he would leave sky of course), they have worked together before and know each other well, Cara could learn everything Rafa knows and then take over a few years down the road
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:36 pm wrote:

Van Gaal started off worse than Moyes until the Glazers gave him £200m to throw at the team. If the owners would have given Moyes that £200m who's to say he wouldn't have turned them round?

You really are going to say van gaal started off worse than moyes in the 3 or 4 games he had before the window shut. Moyes had his own transfer kitty which wasn't to be sniffed at either. not as much as van gaal this season but still 3 times probably what we spent in the same window.  He also inherited a team that won the league a couple of months before and ran them into the ground.
Van gaal took over that team and look at what he has gotten them to now. Moyes is never in the same league even if he had 5 hundred million.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:59 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:53 pm wrote:I think Rafa as head coach and Cara as his number 2 (if he would leave sky of course), they have worked together before and know each other well, Cara could learn everything Rafa knows and then take over a few years down the road

I don't think they would be comfortable with giving rafa the control he would want.
Carra loves sky and don't think he wants to go into coaching.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:01 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:48 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:46 pm wrote:The owners made a Massive mistake last season giving him that contract, you can usually tell after 2 years weather you have a good manager, sometimes you need the third year to really make your mind up.

Welcome back Stu, would genuinely like to hear your opinion on who you believe would be a good fit for us please

Ta... and honestly who do I think?

Myself mate. But that ain't going to happen. I tell you now though, I can read it like a book... Its very rare I'm suprised by players and teams and I'm open minded enough to learn from others mistakes and my own... something Rodgers is inexcusabley incapable of.

I personally would never have sacked Kenny in the first place as things were starting to come together for him I believe, Yes he wasted a few bob, but he brought in Genuine class in Suarez and it was clear he knew what he wanted from his side. As much as I despise Benitez I'd have him back over this clown any day of the week.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:04 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:27 pm wrote:

Manure wouldn't agree to that? They gave van Gaal 200 million mate and it still took him 3 months to get them right. A new manager now will get NO money, will have to work with the group he has at the moment and will have to turn the season around in a space of 5 months. No manager will agree to that, no quality manager at least. The best we can get now is someone like AVB, who would be a horrible choice. Smart thing to do now is wait until the summer and decide what to do then. This season is already lost anyway.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion