Brendan Rogers - Some Interesting Reading

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby babu » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:57 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:59 am wrote:
babu » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:38 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:08 am wrote:Buck Rodgers is a nickname used by many.

Gotta tell you, I don't like it. Just because its used by many doesn't mean its ok, its still disrespectful. I was never comfortable with the whole 'Woy' thing either.

I take your point on "Woy" but how is referinng to the manager as "Buck" Rodgers disrespectful ? Some nicknames can be abusive or disrecptful but most nicknames are generally nothing more than a jocular display of affection for a player and signifies a  "relationship" between the player his team mates and fans.

Was Alan Kennedy disrespected when he was referred to as "Barney Rubble" Steve McManaman as "Shaggy", John Barnes as "Digger" Fernando Torres as "El Nino", Robbie Fowler as "God" or Kenny Dalglish as "King"

Christs sake, can't believe that some are apparently genuinely upset that another member referred to our manager as "Buck" Rodgers"

Woof it's been years since I last watched a game at anflield. I used too spend a fortune and try to catch 2 or 3 games a year. Maybe I've lost touch and have been too harse on BTN. But I've never liked referring too other teams and and managers by derogatory nicknames as well (even though I'm guilty in this respect, but I try not too). I guess I'm getting old.

But I still don't like 'buck Rodgers' guess I'll have to get over it.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:12 pm

No problem Babu.  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 pm

wha'ts this thread about?  ???
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:25 pm

babu » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:57 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:59 am wrote:
babu » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:38 am wrote:
Gotta tell you, I don't like it. Just because its used by many doesn't mean its ok, its still disrespectful. I was never comfortable with the whole 'Woy' thing either.

I take your point on "Woy" but how is referinng to the manager as "Buck" Rodgers disrespectful ? Some nicknames can be abusive or disrecptful but most nicknames are generally nothing more than a jocular display of affection for a player and signifies a  "relationship" between the player his team mates and fans.

Was Alan Kennedy disrespected when he was referred to as "Barney Rubble" Steve McManaman as "Shaggy", John Barnes as "Digger" Fernando Torres as "El Nino", Robbie Fowler as "God" or Kenny Dalglish as "King"

Christs sake, can't believe that some are apparently genuinely upset that another member referred to our manager as "Buck" Rodgers"

Woof it's been years since I last watched a game at anflield. I used too spend a fortune and try to catch 2 or 3 games a year. Maybe I've lost touch and have been too harse on BTN. But I've never liked referring too other teams and and managers by derogatory nicknames as well (even though I'm guilty in this respect, but I try not too). I guess I'm getting old.

But I still don't like 'buck Rodgers' guess I'll have to get over it.

Understand your point and can see how it can be put on a parallel with "Woy" which is taking the *****.

People calling BR "Buck" is purely genuine nickname with no ***** taking etc

Can see your point and can see people not liking etc - I just didn't like someone telling a fan that "we could do without them" just because they called him Buck
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:01 am

Babu -  I really haven't got a clue why you think Buck is disrespectful  - enlighten me !! I see it as a bit of Scouse fun. Am I wrong?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:03 am

Well we agree on something at least
Benny The Noon

Postby Red Focus » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:47 am

The following video entitled "The Only Disability In Life is a Bad Attitude" by Matthew Jeffers. BR and the whole Liverpool squad should watch it and apply it to get the Greatness of Liverpool back which was stolen from us by manure and chelsea esp. for too long. Here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd89Iydt ... ture=share
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:57 pm

babu » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:57 pm wrote:

Roy Hodgson was a clown of the highest order and he merited the disparaging asides attributed
to his incompetence ,but I agree mate its a seemingly new trend this bestowing of nicknames on
managers ,which I personally find  a bit classless something the likes of Chelsea would do and
definitely not Scouse.

Bob Paisley ,Bill Shankly,Kenny Dalglish,Rafa Benitez were all afforded the respect of the fans ,OK
there's an argument for players as Woof says ,but "Buck fucking Rodgers ? Its like a pet name
our Yank owners would use behind closed doors.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:14 am

:bump
where is the death by football - tiki-taka, winning the ball up the pitch stuff he was banging on about ?. that was last may and none of it materialised. he has spent over 80million and has the cheek to say without coutinho and sturridge we lack quality  :eyebrow  against fooking hull.
imo it isnt good enough to be reaching for excuses like that, he need's to have a long hard look at himself and sort it out
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:32 am

red till i die!! » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:14 am wrote::bump
where is the death by football - tiki-taka, winning the ball up the pitch stuff he was banging on about ?. that was last may and none of it materialised. he has spent over 80million and has the cheek to say without coutinho and sturridge we lack quality  :eyebrow  against fooking hull.
imo it isnt good enough to be reaching for excuses like that, he need's to have a long hard look at himself and sort it out

We don't have the players to play that way really.  Gerrard and Lucas are the probably the biggest part of the problem.
They're not very quick or mobile and as such they tend to sit deeper.  If they pressed high and our opponents beat the press, neither would be able to recover and get back in position. 
To press high the defenders also need to play a higher line.  Skrtel is currently in the team and he is just not capable of playing a high line. 

Also, Gerrard is not really a tika taka type player.  He is always looking to make a defence splitting pass instead of keeping possession.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:39 pm

we dont have the players to play it but after 18 months and having spent that kind of money you would think we would be closer to it. he bought players to implement his philosophy and suit his style but he wont play them. out of all that money spent all that started was mignolet and 2 bosmans.
way too much indecision from him and he doesnt know what his best team is. its not good enough
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:51 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:39 pm wrote:we dont have the players to play it but after 18 months and having spent that kind of money you would think we would be closer to it. he bought players to implement his philosophy and suit his style but he wont play them. out of all that money spent all that started was mignolet and 2 bosmans.
way too much indecision from him and he doesnt know what his best team is. its not good enough

For the most part he does know what his best team is. The Hull line up was a direct reflection of injuries, Neither Sterling or Moses would have started if it had not been for injuries to Sturridge and Coutinho
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion