-IF- Brendan Rodgers were to get the push

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:08 pm

At this point, I'd honestly pay a lot of money to see Stu appointed as manager. You're even more arrogant than Rodgers mate. Anyway, nice to see you posting.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:09 pm

Van Gaal still hasn't got them right, they are as porous as us at the back it's just that they have got a great keeper and luck on their side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:09 pm

I would make a deal to bring in Klopp in the summer. He is struggling in Germany now. But that is because, he is forced to sell all his best players after he makes them in to classy players. In fact, isn't this what FSG wanted ? Buy potential players and make them into good ones ?

Well Klopp is the expert at that. And his team play an awesome brand of football where the whole team presses the hell out of the opposition. We should get him before the likes of arsenal or manure get him.

If for some reason we fail with Klopp...then I can only see Rafa. I am pretty sure he will make us competitive pretty fast. The football won't be pretty...but we will get results.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Rodgers is now odds on favorite to be first EPL manager sacked (Ladbrokes)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:11 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:09 pm wrote:Van Gaal still hasn't got them right, they are as porous as us at the back it's just that they have got a great keeper and luck on their side.

That's the point,they are not a good side, just shows how far we have fallen, so depressed
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Rafa won't happen, FSG won't appoint a manager who sided with the fans against the owners last time he was here. If you remember Rafa topped poll after poll the last time we were looking for a manager but the word from journo's close to the club was that Rafa was a total non starter with FSG.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:24 pm

Boocity » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:11 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:09 pm wrote:Van Gaal still hasn't got them right, they are as porous as us at the back it's just that they have got a great keeper and luck on their side.

That's the point,they are not a good side, just shows how far we have fallen, so depressed

In many ways they're very similar to us from last season. A few world class players surrounded by average and below average teammates. I agree that the form they're in at the moment flatters them and that they are lucky to be where they currently are, but the influence those few world class players have in their team is undeniable and it makes the rest of the otherwise average team look good as well.

Man, what I wouldn't give for a single quality striker right now. I don't care what anyone says, our season would have been nothing like it is at the moment had Sturrdige not been injured for so long.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:32 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:53 pm wrote:I think Rafa as head coach and Cara as his number 2 (if he would leave sky of course), they have worked together before and know each other well, Cara could learn everything Rafa knows and then take over a few years down the road

can't wait to see the scintillating, possession based, attacking football that would bring...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:37 pm

andy_g » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:32 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:53 pm wrote:I think Rafa as head coach and Cara as his number 2 (if he would leave sky of course), they have worked together before and know each other well, Cara could learn everything Rafa knows and then take over a few years down the road

can't wait to see the scintillating, possession based, attacking football that would bring...

...and your choice would be ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:39 pm

They are on a 6 league winning streak, no luck involved, they have world class players up front and a good GK.

That what wins you games.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:39 pm

damjan193 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:08 pm wrote:At this point, I'd honestly pay a lot of money to see Stu appointed as manager. You're even more arrogant than Rodgers mate. Anyway, nice to see you posting.

Arrogant? No mate, not in the slightest, I can take being called what I am... but that's rubbish.

I am extremely open minded, self confident and I know what I'm talking about. I also learn and am not affraid to learn off ANYONE. I also don't believe in doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Flexible and tactically I'd wipe the floor with Rodgers.

I called this from the Chelsea game last season and I was right. I could see then his weakness, also his insistance on Gerrard who, lets face it, should have been replaced ages ago, then there was the summer, I was told how we finished second and despite the loss of Luis we don't need anyone else just squad filllers... I could see it coming a mile off mate. I wasn't guessing during our spats, I was making valid and correct points.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:02 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:39 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:08 pm wrote:At this point, I'd honestly pay a lot of money to see Stu appointed as manager. You're even more arrogant than Rodgers mate. Anyway, nice to see you posting.

Arrogant? No mate, not in the slightest, I can take being called what I am... but that's rubbish.

I am extremely open minded, self confident and I know what I'm talking about. I also learn and am not affraid to learn off ANYONE. I also don't believe in doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Flexible and tactically I'd wipe the floor with Rodgers.

I called this from the Chelsea game last season and I was right. I could see then his weakness, also his insistance on Gerrard who, lets face it, should have been replaced ages ago, then there was the summer, I was told how we finished second and despite the loss of Luis we don't need anyone else just squad filllers... I could see it coming a mile off mate. I wasn't guessing during our spats, I was making valid and correct points.

Oh come on mate, you didn't "call" anything, you were just your usual negative self like you always are. Were you also not guessing when you said that we would finish 7th or 6th at best last season? You have some football knowledge mate, not denying that, but to actually believe that you could do a better job as a manager at the highest level than the people that are in charge just shows that you're not just arrogant but crazy as well. I know your kind Stu. People like you are experts in everything, politics, economy, sports, all of it. But they usually sit in parks and play chess, drink cheep beer and talk about how great the 60's were.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:38 pm

FSG approached Cruyff for DoF and Frank De Boer for Head Coach before appointing BR.  Cruyff wasn’t interested at the time and De Boer felt that he wasn’t ready. I believe De Boer may be approached again, not sure about Cruyff!

A caretaker would be better imo for the time being cause at least it would give the players a boost of energy, and because BR has definitely loss the dressing room.

Look, BR came to LFC with his ideas and ‘philosphy’ style of playing the game. The fans, in fact everyone saw first hand in the very first season just how bad his ‘philosophy’ style was,  then at the start of last season, LFC continued to play the ‘philosophy’ style of football which essentially proved and confirmed that it wasn’t working.  He attended a Bielsa seminar and decided to change things following advice and guidance he received from Bielsa (Bielsa is a quality Coach).  Now, this season BR goes back to playing his ‘philosophy’ style because for all intense and purposes, BR (being arrogant etc) thought he knew better than anyone else. So, it’s plain to see the results of all that has happened this season and it’s down to BR and his Coaching staff.

Jurgen Klopp will have so many options available to him when he leaves Dortmund, and if anyone says that he isn’t a good Coach or that Dortmund are bottom of the league, remember, Klopp has in fact won trophies on a much tighter budget, whilst BR hasn’t won anything though has had vast amounts of funds and backing from FSG. Also, Klopp has continued to keep BD well in there by being pretty competitive over many years. BR on the other hand did have a short period were LFC  played well.  Right now, BR made several promises to FSG that he just can’t keep. Additionally, Klopp, over time, lost a number of top quality players, however, here’s the thing, he still managed to make them competitive over the years.

Jurgen Klopp:
2 league titles,
1 cup, and,
German super cups (can’t remember how many)
He got BD into the CL final.

He has achieved all of this having lost some of their top quality players to Bayern or RM etc  and on a much tighter budget then ours and Bayern.

BR hasn’t won anything over the year and will need to prove himself. Lets see which Clubs go for Klopp (who is a proven Coach) and which go for BR (who isn’t, yet)!! Have to say, top sides have a better chance of getting Klopp cause they want a proven Coach, whilst BR has not done anything for such a move to happen for him, though he loves Spanish football, so may end up there somewhere.

I’d like Klopp (though this is being unrealistic but anyway….). I believe FSG will go for De Boer again as Head Coach, not  sure about the DoF.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby andy_g » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:55 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:37 pm wrote:
andy_g » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:32 pm wrote:

...and your choice would be ?

russel brand

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:58 pm

failing that, Russell Grant
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion