BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL - Swiftly moving on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:37 pm

One of those games where we won comfortably in the end but so easily could have had another game like at Spurs (Prem match) on our hands.  Keane, Gerrard, Torres and Lucas all missed sitters and we looked really rattled when Bolton pressed hard at the start of the second.  But, we put the game to bed and got three points at a tricky ground so I'm happy.

As for taking Keane off, he looked angry but, fook him--had he scored his sitter we would have been firmly in command and in a position to change the formation in order to get Torres some minutes while keeping him on the pitch.  As it was, his miss meant we had to defend a slim lead against a spirited team that was making life hard for our midfield.  Never in a million years was that the time to revert to 4-4-2, given how shakey we looked in possession.

Oh, and I was well pleased with Alonso again today.  Especially since he finally hit the target with one of those blasts from outside the area! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Dotty » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:38 pm

Perfect stream to watch WBA do us a favour

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/sat15.11/WestBrom_Chelsea.html
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:43 pm

Red Dotty wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Whats worrying me now is WHEN are we gonna start "firing on all cylinders" ? . Maybe what we're seeing is all we've got, give or take the run of the ball and refs decisions, we could hardly have put in a more dominant performance than the one we showed today, a well deserved victory but so many missed chances (by both teams).

Not a whinge btw, we are at the top of the table after all, but I'm really wondering if we can step up to the next level.  .

Not sure about the next level buddy as we have already beaten Chelski and those Manc scum. What levels are there after that!!!!!!!!!

:p

I was in fecking Heven

:D

:D

Scoring 3-4 or 5 ? instead of 1 or 2 when your clearly bossing the game.

For me, thats the next level.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Red Dotty » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:44 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Scoring 3-4 or 5 ? instead of 1 or 2 when your clearly bossing the game.

For me, thats the next level.

Oh yes that would be nice

ok

you win dude :D
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:45 pm

Bad Bob wrote:As for taking Keane off, he looked angry but, fook him--had he scored his sitter we would have been firmly in command and in a position to change the formation in order to get Torres some minutes while keeping him on the pitch.  As it was, his miss meant we had to defend a slim lead against a spirited team that was making life hard for our midfield.  Never in a million years was that the time to revert to 4-4-2, given how shakey we looked in possession.

spot on... getting 3 points is more important than keane's hurt feelings... he had his chances... and Torres assisted Gerrard's goal... not to mention made good movements up front which relieved bolton's pressure...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:49 pm

sorry off topic

but did anyone see gomes's howler?! wtf? 9m for that type of GK? i think gomes will relegate tottenham this season :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm

Chelsea scored :/.
SupitsJonF

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:13 pm

F.uck 2-0
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby heimdall » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:16 pm

GOAT_2.0 wrote:F.uck 2-0

Actually a fairly entertaining match from a "neutral" perspective. It was too much to expect West Brom to do us a favour really.

Got a good stream for this match if anyone's interested,

http://www.streamedsport.com/Live-Sports-Streams.html
heimdall

Postby Rockthekop » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:18 pm

We definitely have another level.  A quality LB and a RW and we are in business!
Rockthekop

Postby Owzat » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:46 pm

Simari wrote:
aCe' wrote:
tonyeh wrote:Good win, but the amount of clear chances that Liverpool missed today is a worry. Against a better side that may have more serious.

Between both teams there must have been about 8 clear chances missed in that game.

I'm still furious that Rafa AGAIN took off Keane and refused to play a 4-4-2 with him and Torres. I'd have taken off Mascherano.

Agree we should have gone for 2 upfront at 1-0 up when Keane was taken off early in the 2nd half... would have taken Riera off and shifted player around a bit... Gerrard cutting from the left and Keane coming deeper to control the ball better upfront...
Shocking miss from Torres was the easiest chance of them all imo... great pass and looked pretty interested unlike the cup game...

Again Rafa not doin Keane any favors by taking him off after less than an hour... gotta be frustrating cause it doesnt matter if hes scoring, in form or not, whatever it is he has to come off... his confidence must be at a super low especially after that miss and then being taken off...

He could do himself a favor if he starts knocking in those EASY chances.

Why in god's name some of you insist on blaming Rafa for that is beyond me, especially when we have Torres available as a sub.

You would have thought that his double last week would have restored his confidence so as to not miss those EASY sitters.

Give Rafa a break and start asking questions about Keane.

To begin with, he needs to absolutely STOP missing sitters.

Exactly. Rafa got it right this time and Keane needs to start tucking away chances, not only for himself but also for his team-mates as it is demoralising when a side creates so many good chances and someone keeps squandering them.

It was a good win at a tricky ground for us, gets us off to our best ever Premiership start and if we win the next home game we'll be a point better off after 14 games than our previous best start after 16 games.

Woof - when will we start playing well? Hard to tell, maybe when we play our best XI and stop chopping and changing the LB. And when Torres is back in top form and maybe if Keane is knocks in easy chances and is not regarded as undroppable or unsubstitutable by people. I've said before somewhere on this forum that he isn't my idea of a lone striker, and I'm not convinced he and Torres play well together either. He should be happy that with his record he's getting as much playing time as he is.

And of course if we sell our top scorer Kuyt in January as has been suggested and end up with another Jermaine Pennant then maybe we'll just fade away as usual. Can't believe some are still not giving him the credit he deserves. He's scoring every 236 minutes this season, Keane is scoring every 308 minutes and probably missing one or more sitters every 90 minutes if anyone is counting!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:57 pm

If Rafa sells Kuyt in January I will hack my co'ck off with a blunt knife..absolutely NO CHANCE it will happen!

Kuyt staring to get the respect he deserves on here,the reality being that he's been excellent for us from last Xmas.It seems people cannot get their heads round the fact that you dont need to score goals to add a lot to the team.
Scored 7 goals and now the critics are silent.IMO Kuyt played as well and was just as important to the team in the second half of last season as he is now with or without goals!
In fact Id go as far as to say he's had less to do and has actually done less because Alonso has played so well Kuyt cuts in less in the centre and is left to play a more natural role to him,closer to the goal albeit still on the right!

I still love Kuyt,not his goals...his attitude and sheer busting his balls for the badge!
Started as many games as any of our players and fuc'king deserves to as well!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Number 9 wrote:If Rafa sells Kuyt in January I will hack my co'ck off with a blunt knife..absolutely NO CHANCE it will happen!

Kuyt staring to get the respect he deserves on here,the reality being that he's been excellent for us from last Xmas.It seems people cannot get their heads round the fact that you dont need to score goals to add a lot to the team.
Scored 7 goals and now the critics are silent.IMO Kuyt played as well and was just as important to the team in the second half of last season as he is now with or without goals!
In fact Id go as far as to say he's had less to do and has actually done less because Alonso has played so well Kuyt cuts in less in the centre and is left to play a more natural role to him,closer to the goal albeit still on the right!

I still love Kuyt,not his goals...his attitude and sheer busting his balls for the badge!
Started as many games as any of our players and fuc'king deserves to as well!

Hey I agree, but some still can't get their heads around him playing on the right and think we need to address that flank when, if anything, the flanks are one of the more sorted situations in the side. Strikers who score, full-backs who are reliable and maybe a creative midfielder might be on the shopping list, but to sell one of those players who's fixed the RM position and who it would cost more than we'd get for him to replace with a better RM, would be lunacy.

He's well on course for player of the season, I see he was MOTM on BBC match rating. Any justice and he'd have been POTM to do a double with Rafa.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:15 pm

aCe' wrote:
tonyeh wrote:Good win, but the amount of clear chances that Liverpool missed today is a worry. Against a better side that may have more serious.

Between both teams there must have been about 8 clear chances missed in that game.

I'm still furious that Rafa AGAIN took off Keane and refused to play a 4-4-2 with him and Torres. I'd have taken off Mascherano.

Agree we should have gone for 2 upfront at 1-0 up when Keane was taken off early in the 2nd half... would have taken Riera off and shifted player around a bit... Gerrard cutting from the left and Keane coming deeper to control the ball better upfront...
Shocking miss from Torres was the easiest chance of them all imo... great pass and looked pretty interested unlike the cup game...

Again Rafa not doin Keane any favors by taking him off after less than an hour... gotta be frustrating cause it doesnt matter if hes scoring, in form or not, whatever it is he has to come off... his confidence must be at a super low especially after that miss and then being taken off...

:no  No no no  are you seriously suggesting that rafa got his tactics wrong today ? That question is aimed at the pair of you lovebirds .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:22 pm

Yeah I agree,but what totally drives me insane is that people need to see goals before they value his worth!
The fella has been a total breath of fresh air for this team,his energy and commitment are fantastic.people moan,yeah he gives the ball away and all that,so do Gerrard..Alonso and Masch at times.
Dirk Kuyt does more than enough to warrant a place in LFC and has done for a lot longer than before he started banging in goals.

What makes me sick is people were saying we will NEVER be great or win anything with Kuyt in our team..well I reckon we'd be a lot worse off without him.Not just this season,the lad was fantastic in the second half of last and the bunch of crying feckers on here nailed him to the wall..just because he did'nt score so many goals!

Now even Heimdall is saying he likes Kuyt..FICKLE I detest the word but it is apt for a lot of...I'll leave it there!
Dirk Kuyt is a good old fashioned footballer and an asset to this team..swap him for the likes of that waster Pennant??NOT A Fu*king CHANCE!!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion