Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bam » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:22 am

Talk.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:38 am

Bam wrote:Talk.

:D ffs you could have made an effort Bam. Hopefully tonight will be the last time we see so many changes this season. In the league we have played a more or less settled team and I think we will see a similar setup at Bolton.

Reina
Carra       Hyypia     Agger      Aurelio

Gerrard    Mascherano 

Kuyt        Keane   Torres       Riera   

Although it wouldn't surprise me if he plays 4-2-3-1 (add in Alonso) and brings either Torres or Keane off the bench.  Torres certainly didn't look sharp tonight so maybe start with Keane and give Torres the last 30 mins.

Personally I have always disliked Bolton (especially that c*nt of a centre forward of theirs)so I hope we give them a thrashing. At least I wont have to put up with Fat Sam chewing away on the touchline now.

Hopefully an easy win but more than likely a hard fought one ....2-0 or 2-1.
account deleted by request

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:35 am

You want to see a reaction after a defeat, whether the top lads were out or not we dont want to go two on the bounce so we need to make double sure that dosent happen.
That said I think we could all get to within a player or two of the line up (rule out Drossena for a start), so I`ll just offer the same score line I would have before the spurs game.
3-1 us.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:32 am

Is Carra a better full back then Agger?
SupitsJonF

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:36 am

SupitsJonF wrote:Is Carra a better full back then Agger?

on the right side, yes.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bam » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:54 am

ffs you could have made an effort Bam

Sorry Saint :D

Well according to most people Dossena had a shocker and I'm no fan of Aurelio either, plus Arbeloa misses this one to. So there is going to be a bit of a juggling act in defence, then there is the question of what formation do we play. Providing Torres is okay and ready to start I'd like to see a 4-4-2 formation for this one. Hopefully we can pick up a few goals, here is my line up I'd like .....

Reina
                              Carra    Hyypia   Agger   Aurelio

Kuyt    Gerrard   Mascha   Riera

Torres   Keane

2-0 Liverpool, lets keep up the good work in the league !

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:06 am

Reina

Carra- Hyypia- Agger- Aurelio

Gerrard - Alonso - Masch- Riera

Torres - Keane

Doubt this team would ever happen as rafa never drops kuyt, but I think Alonso will prove to be very handy to have out on the attack and flow of the game.  And whenever we play away masch is always comforting to have in the middle.  When subs are need maybe take either Alonso or Masch out, shift Gerrard to the middle, and stick Kuyt on the wing.  Or Babel.  Or Kuyt can play striker if Torres feels his leg acting up.

Should be 3-1 to us.  Key word being SHOULD.
SupitsJonF

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:35 am

One win in four, same as last season after our unbeaten run. But then we went on another unbeaten run, I wonder if those happy to see TEN changes yesterday so we can "concentrate on more important matters" will be quite so happy if this run of one win in four becomes one in five.

We should beat Bolton, but our record against them in the Premiership away from home is far from convincing : P9 W3 D3 L3 F13 A13

Last five at Bolton

07/08 W3-1
06/07 L0-2
05/06 D2-2
04/05 L0-1
03/04 D2-2

One win in our last five visits, one in four under Rafa including losing every other trip to the shoebox.

Form 08/09

Bolton (h) P6 W2 D2 L2 F6 A5 PTS 8
Liverpool (a) P6 W4 D1 L1 F8 A4 PTS 13

Last five Premiership games

Liverpool : WLWWW = 12 points out of 15
Bolton : WWLLD = 7 points out of 15

Poor old Bolton, if they lose their FA Cup 3rd round tie then they'll have played just 40 games this season having been knocked out of the League Cup at the first hurdle at home by Northampton.

Winners at the shoebox

Northampton W2-1 (League Cup)
bitters W1-0
Arsenal W3-1

WBA drew there, as did Blackburn, and neither of those sides are anything much to write about. It would be harsh to write our title hopes off if we lose or draw this weekend, but if we want to be in the chase then this is the kind of game we have to win. There's plenty of loseable games to come - Arsenal (a), Man Utd (a) to name but two of the toughest -  losing (or drawing) winnable ones is why we haven't challenged before.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:10 am

Reina
Carra       Hyypia     Agger      Aurelio

Gerrard    Mascherano 

Kuyt        Keane   Torres       Riera

Ha ha, 4-2-4. Good man Saint. No feckin around...........get in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tonyeh

Postby tonyeh » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:13 am

This is going to be a 1-0 grinder BTW.....
tonyeh

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:13 am

Rather play Gerrard at right back against Bolton.  We should keep the Carra Agger partnership going, plus if Gerrard is surrounded by Kuyt, Mascherano and Carra, he should be free to give a lesson to Arbeloa on how to bomb forward.

Reina
Gerrard             Carra                     Agger           Aurelio
Kuyt                  Mascherano             Alonso           Riera
                         Keane                    Torres

Subs: Cavalieri, Degen, Hyypia, Lucas, Babel, Bennayoun, El Zhar

There hasn't been a single game this season where we have started with ALL of : Keane, Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano, and Alonso.  As soon as we signed Keane, I was wondering how Rafa would put them all in one side, and so far he hasn't. But to be fair, there have been precious few times when all were fit and not at the Olympics.  If this team was to turn into a well oiled machine that cranked out 3 points as its job, could it be possible to build that machine with one of those 5 parts on the subs bench? or with Kuyt on the subs bench?  One would think not, but somebody has to sit in order for someone to come on. Sadly, (or oddly) the possible Argentine captain might be the one to make way
JoeTerp

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:32 am

2 scenarios here folks (in my opinion)...

1 - we'll bounce back and trounce Bolton. The main team will be out to make amends for Dossena showing them up. I like the look of BAM's team prediction. (0-4 Keane, alonso, Kuyt 2)

2 - we'll play :censored: for the first half, go 2-0 down then fight back in the second half and nick it 2-3 with a goal from Kuyt in the 93rd minute.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:36 am

I would go 4-4-2 this time with keane-torres heading the attack, I don't think rafa will drop keane because his confidence is high and he may want him to score more goals after his brace last week.

I would go 3-1 for us.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:43 am

Im going for a 2-2 draw.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dame » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:46 am

I would start Pennant instead of Riera. Riera plays quite a number of games lately. So the midfield for me will be SG, Xabi, Mash and Pennant. Upfront is Kuyt and Keane. Torres and Riera as sub when necessary.
dame

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion