BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL - Swiftly moving on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:55 pm

tonyeh wrote:I'm still furious that Rafa AGAIN took off Keane and refused to play a 4-4-2 with him and Torres. I'd have taken off Mascherano.

don' think so... we were on the back foot... they could've overrun us in midfield... anyway we scored the crucial second goal after torres came on... so gotta be considered as a right move by Rafa...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DanAn » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:56 pm

aCe' wrote:
DanAn wrote:Riena - 6 Was good but unusually poor distribution at times and struggled a bit from corners.
Carra - 6 Not a lot going forward but solid in defense.
Agger - 7 Looked good.
Hyppia - 6 A few mishaps alound a few too many shots on goal
Aurelio - 7 Tremendous cross and some good attack
Mash - 7 Nothing special but as usual battled all day
Kuyt - 8 The dangerman in the first half, quite in the 2nd
Gerrard - 7 Solid but not his best game for the season.
Alonso - 8 Some great passes, really controled the game.
Riera - 8 MOTM for me, just mesmerizes the opposition at times
Keane - 6 Some good movement but didn't have his finishing boots on.

come on Riera get an 8 and Hyypia gets a 6 ?! Surely Hyypias done more in the game and had a far more telling contribution to our win than Riera did... he went missing the 2nd half and gave away the ball far too easily a few times...

Riera ripped them apart in the first half and was solid in the second though a little quite.

They had far too many good chances to say Hyppia played a good game.
DanAn

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:57 pm

I thought Alonso and Masch had outstanding games in midfield, especially as early on I thought they would really struggle the way Bolton set up. Great passing by Liverpool in the first half, but we need to start putting our chances away and killing games off. It could have been a stroll in the second half if we had, instead I was worried we might get caught out..... until Gerrard's goal.
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:57 pm

tonyeh wrote:Good win, but the amount of clear chances that Liverpool missed today is a worry. Against a better side that may have more serious.

Between both teams there must have been about 8 clear chances missed in that game.

I'm still furious that Rafa AGAIN took off Keane and refused to play a 4-4-2 with him and Torres. I'd have taken off Mascherano.

Agree we should have gone for 2 upfront at 1-0 up when Keane was taken off early in the 2nd half... would have taken Riera off and shifted player around a bit... Gerrard cutting from the left and Keane coming deeper to control the ball better upfront...
Shocking miss from Torres was the easiest chance of them all imo... great pass and looked pretty interested unlike the cup game...

Again Rafa not doin Keane any favors by taking him off after less than an hour... gotta be frustrating cause it doesnt matter if hes scoring, in form or not, whatever it is he has to come off... his confidence must be at a super low especially after that miss and then being taken off...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:03 pm

aCe' wrote:
tonyeh wrote:Good win, but the amount of clear chances that Liverpool missed today is a worry. Against a better side that may have more serious.

Between both teams there must have been about 8 clear chances missed in that game.

I'm still furious that Rafa AGAIN took off Keane and refused to play a 4-4-2 with him and Torres. I'd have taken off Mascherano.

Agree we should have gone for 2 upfront at 1-0 up when Keane was taken off early in the 2nd half... would have taken Riera off and shifted player around a bit... Gerrard cutting from the left and Keane coming deeper to control the ball better upfront...
Shocking miss from Torres was the easiest chance of them all imo... great pass and looked pretty interested unlike the cup game...

Again Rafa not doin Keane any favors by taking him off after less than an hour... gotta be frustrating cause it doesnt matter if hes scoring, in form or not, whatever it is he has to come off... his confidence must be at a super low especially after that miss and then being taken off...

He could do himself a favor if he starts knocking in those EASY chances.

Why in god's name some of you insist on blaming Rafa for that is beyond me, especially when we have Torres available as a sub.

You would have thought that his double last week would have restored his confidence so as to not miss those EASY sitters.

Give Rafa a break and start asking questions about Keane.

To begin with, he needs to absolutely STOP missing sitters.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:07 pm

the 2 best players for me are Alonso then Aurellio,

Alonso is just controling games at the mo, he has been our best player this season and Aurellio gets better with games under his belt it's just a case of him staying fit.
roberto green

Postby tonyeh » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:07 pm

aCe' wrote:

Yeah. I'm failing to understand this business by Rafa. It just cannot be good for Robbie to be taken off, nearly every game.

He looked fierce p*ssed off to be subbed again today.

I don't know...I sometimes think Rafa is a kind cowardly manager in some ways and I'm getting truly fed up with his insistance with playing 1 striker in games where he should start with two.
tonyeh

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Why moan. We won and won well.

In Rafa we trust!!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:19 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Why moan. We won and won well.

In Rafa we trust!!!!

Not a moan. Just a comment.  :)
tonyeh

Postby Spartan1985 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:44 pm

Keane can get more game time when he puts in basic chances. Until then I'm fine with him being subbed.
Spartan1985

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:00 pm

Keane is not worth £10m let alone £20m. We've been goosed as a one, Brian Blessed would say!
Boxscarf

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:02 pm

At the end of the season if they have a top ten "how did he miss that" compilation , Keane will already have his name on at least two of the spots (Atletico away and today at Bolton). Seems to me that he's almost too f'ucking casual with his finishing.

Other than that , good performance from ALL of the lads today, from the kick off we NEVER looked like losing this one , thought Aurelio took the pi'ss out of those that don't rate him as did Kuyt whos' header was blinding.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby roberto green » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:03 pm

Spartan1985 wrote:Keane can get more game time when he puts in basic chances. Until then I'm fine with him being subbed.

spot on.He is a good player but he tries to be a bit flash sometimes instead of just do the easier thing.
roberto green

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:24 pm

I think this game would of really helped us catch up to Chelsea on GD, but I'll take the 3 points if we beat em 8-0 at home  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby Red Dotty » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:32 pm

Another 3 points and by the looks of it were are not firing on all cylinders but we are getting the job done.

We always play better in the second half of the season so if thats true this year, we could have a cracking season

Walk on
image001.gif
Red Dotty

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion