Liverpool v bolton

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:16 pm

Team :Oo:

Carson, Finnan, Pellegrino, Carragher, Traore, Biscan, Welsh, Riise, Nunez, Gerrard, Garcia.

Subs: Dudek, Hyypia, Le Tallec, Smicer, Morientes

Im really ****** worried about this game :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrardisgod » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:21 pm

john welsh starts in the midfeild and His international colleague Scott Carson also starts - making his Anfield debut, while there is a return from injury for Djimi Traore and a place in the eleven for Antonio Nunez.
Fernando Morientes does not make the team but is among the substitutes.

Team in full: Carson, Finnan, Traore, Carragher, Pellegrino, Welsh, Biscan, Riise, Garcia, Nunez, Gerrard. Subs - Dudek, Hyypia, Smicer, Le Tallec, Morientes.
gerrardisgod

Postby Ciggy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:22 pm

Carson made 2 blunders with england why is he starting? I know Dudek got a knock midweek with poland, but I didnt think it was serious enough to keep him on the bench.
lets hope Welsh has a blinder hey, but again 4 changes to the team these injuries have become a ****** joke now and they are really taking the toll on the team :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:23 pm

Me too, I have said this in another forum. Bolton are hard very working but not rough like Everton. Their midfield never stop running and closing down opponents, just the type to upset our more lightweight players (we seem to have far too many these days) and destroy any rythm we try to build.

It won't be apretty match and they will be looking to frustrate us and sneak in a goal or two. Unless all of the players play with a lot of heart and endeavour, we may be in for a frustrating result.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:26 pm

Interesting team selection, Warnock must be injured as he has been excellent recently.

This is gonna be a tough game, only 1 goal in it i think , 1-0 to us in a real close affair but i am not filled with confidence.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:29 pm

I feel sick, really thought we could stuff these borin ****** today, not to sure about it now :( .
need to see a lot of heart and desire i want to see the same nunez as against the BS. And no blunders from our new goalie.
I want to see loads of shots on goal and not a repeat of the blackburn game where there was none what so ever.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:32 pm

It looks like this:

Carson

Finnan Carragher Pellegrino Troare

Nunez   Biscan   Welsh   Riise

Garica  Gerrard

But don't forget Nunez can play as a striker, and since he has been around in the internationl break, Rafa has had plenty of time to work with him.

Personally I would have still played Le Tallec upfront with either Garcia or Gerrard playing of him.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:35 pm

I think it will be similar to the Blackburn game, as Bolton will be very organised and get a lot of men behind the ball, and dangerous on the counter. I think if we score first we will be fine.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:36 pm

Thanks milan we havent got one out and out striker playing today :( , I know alot of our goals have come from midfield but this is just ****** pathetic  :glare:  and any ****** says stop usin injuries as an excuse needs shootin :angry:
Weve got 6 first teamers playing today, says it all.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:39 pm

I'm confident, can't wait to see Welsh and Carson in action :)
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:48 pm

CMON THE POOL LETS t****** THESE ******ERZ :cool:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:52 pm

the return of HAS wrote:It looks like this:

Carson

Finnan Carragher Pellegrino Troare

Nunez   Biscan   Welsh   Riise

Garica  Gerrard

But don't forget Nunez can play as a striker, and since he has been around in the internationl break, Rafa has had plenty of time to work with him.

Personally I would have still played Le Tallec upfront with either Garcia or Gerrard playing of him.

I doubt we'll play 4-4-2, it's bound to be 4-5-1.

That team is so different to our optimum starting eleven had we no injuries. It's hard to see how they'll have much understanding.

I presume Dudek's carrying an injury. Anyone know why Hyypia's not starting? 5 strikers - all injured - unbelievable. Hamaan, Kewell, Alonso, Kirkland, Warnock all injured.

At least were at home. We can still win it.

Come on lads!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:54 pm

i think nunez is striker.

from .tv:
Team in full: Carson, Finnan, Traore, Carragher, Pellegrino, Welsh, Biscan, Riise, Garcia, Nunez, Gerrard. Subs - Dudek, Hyypia, Smicer, Le Tallec, Morientes.

why is Nunez second last in the list? is he and Gerrard the strikers since they are last on list?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:55 pm

good to see Carson getting games...also good to see Nando on the bench should we need him....hopefullly we wont :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:12 pm

We look like we're getting hammered so far.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion