Bolton vs liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:15 pm

bolton have played one game less over the christmas period as well because of their frozen pitch

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:01 pm

stoney wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:well this is what johnny said

I hope nobody objects but I'm moving all of these massive threads in future to the Games Forum.

It's just if anybody wants to look back over the archives in the future, you will know exactly where to find them because it takes forever searching back through the General Discussion forum.

This was my 5000th post.  A milestone if I may say.  :bowdown

Yeah and look at how many posts where in the last match thread in the games section.

yep 29 in the bolton vs liverpool thread in games section compared to this threads 16. Oh dear
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:08 pm

I said LAST match i.e pool vs West Brom as you obviously didnt understand.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:09 pm

didnt see the game so cant comment on the performance but a point away at bolton isnt the worst result in the world.
especially considering we had to come back twice from being a goal down. and their second sounds like offside and handball!!!
we showed a lot of guts there and a couple of seasons ago if we conceded away it was game over. it shows how far we have come when we are dissapointed with a draw away at a side who have been challenging for a european spot.
if someone would have offered you ten wins and an away draw in 11 matches you`d take it every day of the week.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:12 pm

stoney wrote:I said LAST match i.e pool vs West Brom as you obviously didnt understand.

but obviously you should know that the WBA thread was moved after the game.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:18 pm

Not wrong there mate.  But fecking Bolton do my head in, they are so negative they are the new Wimbledon no doubt about it no idea how to play football on the deck, try to kick lumps out of the opposition and score goals from set pieces they are boring boring bolton, But heah 10 wins from 10, 1 draw not bad at all, We are going in one direction and that is upwards.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:19 pm

very pleased with that.Bolton away is always a tough fixture and on the back of a 4-1 beating by Manure they were always going to be up for this.Bolton had only conceded 2 goals all season at home,and we put two past them in one game.I went for a draw before the game and pleased we managed to get it back to 2-2.
Reina was at fault for the  first one and it was obvious Bolton would get something from a set play they always do.The second we were caught on the break and Diouf was lucky it hit him on the back and went in,saying that though Reina again probably could had done better.
Reina has been flawless in previous games and has looked very composed,but even the best had an off day now and again.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:28 pm

The_Rock wrote:1-0 bolton....reina howler.....  :angry:

Watched it on the net-it was a Sami moment of madness - reina got shouldered in the back spilled the ball - grabbed it again and sami toe poked it out of his hands onto a Bolton head -- not easy!
But hey 10pts from such a hectic period is excellent
teamleader1

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:32 pm

All keepers make mistakes, even the best ones, Reina made a big one today but he is just human and he will learn from his mistake that he did today, i still think he is a great keeper because he did make some stunning saves over the past weeks.

Bolton were very physical and i understood Benitez putting Sissoko, Traore and Hamann because he needed some physical presence on the pitch to control the game. Gerrard was insperational once again, thank god we have him, he is just great. the little spaniard once again scores an important goal for Liverpool, what a player :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:32 pm

not the end of the world and im sure rafa wont be too down about a difficult fixture....at least garcia got his revenge for last time!
should of won...we didnt. end of.
next up luton. and the chance to rest for a few days.

(p.s rafa do not let traore anywhere NEAR kenilworth road!!)  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:28 pm

The first goal we conceded was one of the softest goals we've let in, in a long time. Reina and Hyypia were responsible both imo. Reina should had caught that ball, although Speed was on his back, he should had done better. Just when he was about to catch the ball, Hyypia nicked it from him who should had leathered the ball out of there, rather then giving it a soft touch.

For most parts of the first-half, we were too poor. We couldn't control the midfield (we were physical), and because of that we couldn't open any real chances. (Hamann had a good shot on goal).

We couldn't make a series of passes, and gave the ball away just too cheaply. We let them put us under pressure and eventually they had to score.

We improved in the second-half, but we conceded another stupid goal after we equalized. Never should had happened, but because we pushed further up the pitch they caught us on a break [although we should had been given a free kick before they had a chance to attack].

We showed character comming back into the game, and had a chance from Cisse to win it but at the end the end result was fair for both sides imo. Bolton is always a tough team to play against, and we were too poor in the first-half, had we played differently we could had won.

Hard point earned today, a year ago we would had lost this game. But it is important that we win our next Premiership game, but it won't be any less difficult than today though.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:43 pm

<-alonso-> wrote:pongolle? wtf''s goin on? if you play ciise, he scores!

Cisse picked up a muscle injury against West Bromich and wasn't fit enough to start the game, just to make the bench.  :sleepy:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:47 pm

stoney wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:well this is what johnny said

I hope nobody objects but I'm moving all of these massive threads in future to the Games Forum.

It's just if anybody wants to look back over the archives in the future, you will know exactly where to find them because it takes forever searching back through the General Discussion forum.

This was my 5000th post.  A milestone if I may say.  :bowdown

Yeah and look at how many posts where in the last match thread in the games section.

I still think it's a good idea.  Maybe a compromise then is to move them to the Games forum afterwards once the game and discussion is over.  That way, like I say, if people want to find them, they are all in the one place.

But I'll leave them in General Discussion while the discussion is active if that's what the people want.
jonnymac1979

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:12 pm

Give the people what they want and they will return. :)
115-1073096938

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion