BIRMINGHAM VS LIVERPOOL - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stoney » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:58 pm

Hey people we can't complain, besides chelsea we are the only unbeaten team left in the prem.  :buttrock  :buttrock
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:03 pm

Seriously dudes...teams like like charlton, westham are picking up quite a few points now.....

we really have to start winning games... Yes, we won't win the league (i know...i know). But we have to at least be among the top 3 teams don't we ?

Don't tell me we need another 5 years ??? i heard that during the dark ages of houllier.....
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bring_back_biscan » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:04 pm

Totally agree Barry. More rubbish today, five man midfield against three wingers and a kid, says it all.
bring_back_biscan

Postby red37 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:04 pm

true stoney.... must admit though, looking at the results today, how we could have done with the three  :(

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stoney » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:15 pm

If some of ypu actually take a look at the table and see how we are doing well compared to the other big teams that we are competing with which are united and arsenal (forget about chelsea cause we were never gonna win the league this season) we are actually doing very well seeing as united and arsenal are supposedly meant to be miles ahead of us. If we win our game in hand we have ten points like arsenal and are still unbeaten and also we will be just one point behind the scums. People should forget about that top spot and chelsea as winning the premiership was not our idea for this season and also chelsea are in a league of their own. It is man u and arsenal we should be focusing on and right now and compared to them we are doing well and keeping up.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:23 pm

The table looks depressing 2 points away from the bottom three.

Like i said the other day,on our day we are match for anyone,but its got to start clicking into place soon....average is one word i dont associate with Liverpool fc
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:32 pm

fivecups wrote:Whatever you think about Jermaine Pennant - he would walk into our team at the minute.

That's 2 seasons in a row he caused us big problems in the game now...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:48 pm

dude its birmingham and we didnt win , rafa should really have cisse and crouch start , zenden is :censored: now so is josemi, didnt you see how Julian Gray make a monkey out of him?
onizukaeikichi

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:51 pm

I try to be patient...

I don't know why we started so negative. We are the EUROPEAN CHAMPION FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Zender have no right to be on the field today...he did absolutely fvvck all today. At least FSP tried, Zenden was no where to be of any use.

As usual, Sami and Jamie was immense. In fact we should credit Jamie for the equaliser as his header clearly crossed the line before it wa handled.

Bringing Cisse and let him run at the defense could be a good idea but why wait until 66th min??? :no

We must stop playing 4-5-1 from now on as Crouch is obviously too isolated. It's time to play Nando or Cisse right next to him, and not on the wings or behind him.

Reina was shaky all day...totally at fault for both the goals conceded, not to mentioned missing most of crosses but luckily Sami was winning all the aerial balls.

If we can't beat Birmingham (a team who lost all it's home game all season and can't seems to find a goal anywhere) when the likes of Man City, Charlton and Middlesbrough all succeded this season, then we are in much deeper trouble than we though...

...like I said, I tried to be patient here  :sniffle  Don't know what to say really but it's another two point down the drain  :veryangry
Last edited by Santa on Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:53 pm

Santa wrote:I try to be patient...

I don't know why we started so negative. We are the EUROPEAN CHAMPION FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Zender have no right to be on the field today...he did absolutely fvvck all today. At least FSP tried, Zenden was no where to be of any use.

As usual, Sami and Jamie was immense. In fact we should credit Jamie for the equaliser as his header clearly crossed the line before it wa handled.

Bringing Cisse and let him run at the defense could be a good idea but why wait until 66th min??? :no

We must stop playing 4-5-1 from now on as Crouch is obviously too isolated. It's time to play Nando or Cisse right next to him, and not on the wings or behind him.

Reina was shaky all day...totally at fault for both the goals conceded, not to mentioned missing most of crosses but luckily Sami was winning all the aerial balls.

If we can't beat Birmingham (a team who lost all it's home game all season and can't seems to find a goal anywhere) when the likes of Man City, Charlton and Middlesbrough all succeded this season, then we are in much deeper trouble than we though...

...like I said, I tried to be patient here  :sniffle  Don't know what to say really but it's another two point down the drain  :veryangry

totally  agree!!    Well  said fella :nod
66-1120597113

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:55 pm

fivecups wrote:
Kid a wrote:Well, like everyone here...I was dissapointed with the result. I really don't know why Rafa chooses to almost defend and sit back in the beginning, and then attack towards the very end of the game. We should have come out attacking and with a not so defensive-minded team. That's how "big" teams play. They come out trying to get a goal and push upfield, and when they have done so..they make more defensive-minded changes and see out the game. If you see you're having obvious trouble, fine. Make some changes and pack the midfield. But, don't start off like that. Not against a team like Birmingham. We don't have the quality to play an effective 4-5-1. Sure, we might retain possesion a hell of alot more playing that way. Make us harder to break down etc. But, we don't create many clear chances on goal. We don't have those type of skillfull wingers that can easily go past a man or two and cause trouble every time they get the ball. That's what we would need to play that system. It's not there!! Choose that formation and team against the top 3, but other than that...come on. We need to score goals and win games.

On another note - Reina was terrible apart from that one save in the first half. Like I said a bunch a times on here already, I've seen him play numerous times...he's not TOP quality. He can be a great keeper at times, but other times...he's mediocre at best. Notice how many times he comes out wrong and miscalculates where the ball is going to end up on corners or set pieces. His decision making isn't great. He was to blame for both goals. I'm not blaming Warnock so much. He barely grazed the ball, if it all. That ball still shouldn't have ended up in the back of the net. He has to be attent. It's funny how everyone was slagging me off when I questioned Reina's abilities etc fromthe moment we signed him. What do you people have to say now...

I'd say: I agree he made a mistake for the second goal. Warnock's touch for the first was enough to change the directon of the ball. At that speed, and from that range, I dont think he'd much chance. Im not going to condemn him after one mistake. Show some support.

well he should open his fvckin mouth and command the area  :veryangry Any good keeper worth his salt should do exactly that!!! Sorry Reina...bad bad game today
Last edited by Santa on Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:01 pm

babu wrote:
polygemus wrote:Spain has never produced a world class gk. Hence their under achievements at the world cup.

I feel like sending Reina to play basketball 6 hrs a day!! Wtf !!
Even teenagers can catch the ball better than he does!!

My friend u are an idiot.

obviously too young to have seen the likes of Andoni Zubizarreta in action but felt compelled to open his big mouth anyway  :no

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:01 pm

stoney wrote:If some of ypu actually take a look at the table and see how we are doing well compared to the other big teams that we are competing with which are united and arsenal (forget about chelsea cause we were never gonna win the league this season) we are actually doing very well seeing as united and arsenal are supposedly meant to be miles ahead of us. If we win our game in hand we have ten points like arsenal and are still unbeaten and also we will be just one point behind the scums. People should forget about that top spot and chelsea as winning the premiership was not our idea for this season and also chelsea are in a league of their own. It is man u and arsenal we should be focusing on and right now and compared to them we are doing well and keeping up.

That makes it all the more depressing mate!
Our main  2 rivals are dropping points regularly and we are not capitalising because our manager is being too cautious of  teams that we would be hammering  if he'd  stop playing so defencive!
Raffa is too tactical at times!
Raffa dropped us 2  point today!
66-1120597113

Postby JC_81 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:03 pm

Not happy with that result at all.  I know we've had a few draws in the league already, but those are games that I'd say it isn't bad to come away with a point.  Today on the other hand is not a good point, we should have won that, Birmingham have been poor this season and we should have put them away after we got the first goal.

On the upside, we are still unbeaten and if we string a few wins together, then our league record would look pretty good.  We aren't looking like losing games which gives us a good base, we just need to start converting these draws into wins.

I can't believe people slating Rafa for going with Crouch on his own up top.  You certainly can't play Cisse in away games in my opinion because he constantly fails to put in a good work-rate in games.  There is nothing wrong with the system Benitez plays with, except we just don't have good enough attackers in wide positions.  I'm sure Benitez will go 4-4-2 for some of our upcoming home games in the prem, but his cautious approach so far is understandable considering the tricky fixtures we've had to start with in the league.  And when we do go 4-4-2 we will have the same problems with the wide positions, so please stop blaming the system, it's NOT the problem.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:07 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
bavlondon wrote:We may have only got one point today but so did arsenal and Man utd lost 2-1.

And  Wigan beat Everton at Goodison!! :buttrock  :laugh:  :laugh:

now that did cheer me up  :wwww 0-1 at home to Wigan after conscutive losses at Prem, CL and UEFA Cup...now that's deep sh1t  :laugh:

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion