BIRMINGHAM VS LIVERPOOL - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:34 pm

IT doesnt matter if Cisse is sold in Jan, were still going to sign a  winger and a CB. And if Cisse goes then yes we will need another striker. Garcia can play up front but if a midfielder generally.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:34 pm

We DID attack them at the beginning of the game - but we weren't adventurous/good enough to turn that into goals, until Garcia came on and added some support up front. For all the possession he wastes, he's still quality in front of goal - usually! Then all that work went to waste with some stupidly panicky defending. Looking on the bright side, wasn't our absolutely appalling display at Birmingham last season in the same week as we played Chelsea in the CL? - we WILL be 10x better on Wednesday, and next Sunday as well
neilE

Postby fivecups » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:35 pm

Kid a wrote:Well, like everyone here...I was dissapointed with the result. I really don't know why Rafa chooses to almost defend and sit back in the beginning, and then attack towards the very end of the game. We should have come out attacking and with a not so defensive-minded team. That's how "big" teams play. They come out trying to get a goal and push upfield, and when they have done so..they make more defensive-minded changes and see out the game. If you see you're having obvious trouble, fine. Make some changes and pack the midfield. But, don't start off like that. Not against a team like Birmingham. We don't have the quality to play an effective 4-5-1. Sure, we might retain possesion a hell of alot more playing that way. Make us harder to break down etc. But, we don't create many clear chances on goal. We don't have those type of skillfull wingers that can easily go past a man or two and cause trouble every time they get the ball. That's what we would need to play that system. It's not there!! Choose that formation and team against the top 3, but other than that...come on. We need to score goals and win games.

On another note - Reina was terrible apart from that one save in the first half. Like I said a bunch a times on here already, I've seen him play numerous times...he's not TOP quality. He can be a great keeper at times, but other times...he's mediocre at best. Notice how many times he comes out wrong and miscalculates where the ball is going to end up on corners or set pieces. His decision making isn't great. He was to blame for both goals. I'm not blaming Warnock so much. He barely grazed the ball, if it all. That ball still shouldn't have ended up in the back of the net. He has to be attent. It's funny how everyone was slagging me off when I questioned Reina's abilities etc fromthe moment we signed him. What do you people have to say now...

I'd say: I agree he made a mistake for the second goal. Warnock's touch for the first was enough to change the directon of the ball. At that speed, and from that range, I dont think he'd much chance. Im not going to condemn him after one mistake. Show some support.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:35 pm

y the hell is zenden playing when hes obv not producing the goods on the pitch...and a think its about time we tired crouch n ciise 2 start a game together
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:36 pm

polygemus wrote:Spain has never produced a world class gk. Hence their under achievements at the world cup.

I feel like sending Reina to play basketball 6 hrs a day!! Wtf !!
Even teenagers can catch the ball better than he does!!

My friend u are an idiot.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:37 pm

drummerphil wrote:Ciggy you ok now btw........everything ok

Yer babe Im sound Thanx Phil , just got a chinky will have some wine later and watch the X-factor to cheer me up :D
Jammy b@stards Chelsea just got a pen :angry:
Ya know what f@ck it I still love Liverpool and always will, they are my heart my soul and I idolise them no matter what.
We are still the Champions of Europe and no one can take our cup from us :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:38 pm

Guys.....i am one of rafa's biggest critics on his love for spanish signings....but lets lay-off reina.

Confidence is very important for a goalkeeper...(Just compare how dudek played in 2001 and now)

He has the physical attributes to be a top-class goalie (i find dudek a less imposing).

All our keepers look vulnerable at the moment. But Reina looks the best among the rest.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:38 pm

I support our players. I thought Reina came into the game playing well previously, it's just that I don't rate him as being "class". And while he might be an "improvement" over Dudek, in the long run...I don't think he will make much of a difference. Like TOP keepers do. Just my opnion, though.
Kid a

Postby fivecups » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:40 pm

Kid a wrote:I support our players. I thought Reina came into the game playing well previously, it's just that I don't rate him as being "class". And while he might be an "improvement" over Dudek, in the long run...I don't think he will make much of a difference. Like TOP keepers do. Just my opnion, though.

Fair enough, hope your wrong though!

Thats the first two goals we've conceeded in the Premiership this season. :;):
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:41 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
drummerphil wrote:Ciggy you ok now btw........everything ok

Yer babe Im sound Thanx Phil , just got a chinky will have some wine later and watch the X-factor to cheer me up :D
Jammy b@stards Chelsea just got a pen :angry:
Ya know what f@ck it I still love Liverpool and always will, they are my heart my soul and I idolise them no matter what.
We are still the Champions of Europe and no one can take our cup from us :buttrock

scums 1 - blackburn 2  :buttrock
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:42 pm

I hope I am wrong, too!! Believe me. :p
Kid a

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:43 pm

The_Rock wrote:just imagine lynds....cisse won't even be on the bench once moro returns from injury....time to change to a new ID honey  :D

:( I know luv, more exciting games to look forward to, I am dreading it, but hey I am not aloud to critise Rafa on here people get the hump. But he has no faith what so ever in our defence cause if he did he would not be so cautious playing so defensivly, I am gutted Rock just totally gutted, and the booze hasnt helped  :D

Lynds U have evey right to criticise Raffa! He sets the team out wrong  too many times! I cant be bothered typing what  i think he did wrong today and anyone with half a brain wiill know what i mean! Raffa is  a fantastic manager in europe when more tactics are required and was in Spain!
But sometimes i doubt he will ever make it in the prem!
Also not too sure if he should have signed Reina looking at him flapping in nearly every game!
Today was a shambles and birmingham were there for the taking!
RAFFA WASTED THE CHANCE BY HAVING NO  BALLS
66-1120597113

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:50 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
The_Rock wrote:just imagine lynds....cisse won't even be on the bench once moro returns from injury....time to change to a new ID honey  :D

:( I know luv, more exciting games to look forward to, I am dreading it, but hey I am not aloud to critise Rafa on here people get the hump. But he has no faith what so ever in our defence cause if he did he would not be so cautious playing so defensivly, I am gutted Rock just totally gutted, and the booze hasnt helped  :D

Lynds U have evey right to criticise Raffa! He sets the team out wrong  too many times! I cant be bothered typing what  i think he did wrong today and anyone with half a brain wiill know what i mean! Raffa is  a fantastic manager in europe when more tactics are required and was in Spain!
But sometimes i doubt he will ever make it in the prem!
Also not too sure if he should have signed Reina looking at him flapping in nearly every game!
Today was a shambles and birmingham were there for the taking!
RAFFA WASTED THE CHANCE BY HAVING NO  BALLS

let me tell u ....rafa can deffo make it in the premiership.... The problem is not with his ability as a manager or tactician...the problem i think is .......

a)rafa just wanna get rid of all of houllier's signings... just for the sake of it.
b)shows favourism to some players

I mention this previously...and i was bombarded here. I really hope i am wrong though, but as each match passes by...it is harder to think otherwise.

Just compare baros & crouch...who created more impact in the lone striker role (and both of them did not have quality service from the wingers)?

Why is josemi in the team in the 1st place ?

Moro ?

As i mention he is an awesome manager/tactician....but .....
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:52 pm

We may have only got one point today but so did arsenal and Man utd lost 2-1.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:55 pm

bavlondon wrote:We may have only got one point today but so did arsenal and Man utd lost 2-1.

And  Wigan beat Everton at Goodison!! :buttrock  :laugh:  :laugh:
66-1120597113

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion