BIRMINGHAM VS LIVERPOOL - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:08 pm

Bout time Raffa grew set of balls!
66-1120597113

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:13 pm

I am so hurt angry dissappointed I am just totally fed :censored: up, I give in what can we do? We are just mere bystanders no ones going to listen that Cisse should start ahead of Crouch, Morientes, Garcia a total waste of 14 million pounds worth sitting on the bench for f@ck all :no
Weekend ruined again just a repeat of last season TBH. :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:13 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Bout time Raffa grew set of balls!

I can't figure out rafa...why doesn't he make life easy for himself by putting out his best team...and playing the right way ?

There is no need to rotate the team this early in the season...surely we could have played with our full team against birmingham & chelsea rite ?

Sometimes i find rafa is just too "smart" for the calibre of players we currently have.....
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:17 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I am so hurt angry dissappointed I am just totally fed :censored: up, I give in what can we do? We are just mere bystanders no ones going to listen that Cisse should start ahead of Crouch, Morientes, Garcia a total waste of 14 million pounds worth sitting on the bench for f@ck all :no
Weekend ruined again just a repeat of last season TBH. :(

just imagine lynds....cisse won't even be on the bench once moro returns from injury....time to change to a new ID honey  :D
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:18 pm

If Rafa wants to sell Cisse, i wonder who he has lined up as his replacment.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:22 pm

The_Rock wrote:just imagine lynds....cisse won't even be on the bench once moro returns from injury....time to change to a new ID honey  :D

:( I know luv, more exciting games to look forward to, I am dreading it, but hey I am not aloud to critise Rafa on here people get the hump. But he has no faith what so ever in our defence cause if he did he would not be so cautious playing so defensivly, I am gutted Rock just totally gutted, and the booze hasnt helped  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:23 pm

If you think were upset witha draw, imagine how fustrated Chelsea fans are if they draw after spending £250M on their squad.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:24 pm

bavlondon wrote:If Rafa wants to sell Cisse, i wonder who he has lined up as his replacment.

i am sure if (ie...when) rafa sells cisse, he will buy a RW. If we are lucky he might get a CB. He won't buy another striker......we already have crouch, moro, garcia and pongolle..........  :buttrock

what a change from beginning of last season....owen, baros, cisse & pongolle.....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gen Ming » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:24 pm

Well this week might just be the week of the underdogs.
Gen Ming

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:26 pm

MWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA The bitters are getting beat 1-0  :buttrock Some consolation

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:26 pm

Well, like everyone here...I was dissapointed with the result. I really don't know why Rafa chooses to almost defend and sit back in the beginning, and then attack towards the very end of the game. We should have come out attacking and with a not so defensive-minded team. That's how "big" teams play. They come out trying to get a goal and push upfield, and when they have done so..they make more defensive-minded changes and see out the game. If you see you're having obvious trouble, fine. Make some changes and pack the midfield. But, don't start off like that. Not against a team like Birmingham. We don't have the quality to play an effective 4-5-1. Sure, we might retain possesion a hell of alot more playing that way. Make us harder to break down etc. But, we don't create many clear chances on goal. We don't have those type of skillfull wingers that can easily go past a man or two and cause trouble every time they get the ball. That's what we would need to play that system. It's not there!! Choose that formation and team against the top 3, but other than that...come on. We need to score goals and win games.

On another note - Reina was terrible apart from that one save in the first half. Like I said a bunch a times on here already, I've seen him play numerous times...he's not TOP quality. He can be a great keeper at times, but other times...he's mediocre at best. Notice how many times he comes out wrong and miscalculates where the ball is going to end up on corners or set pieces. His decision making isn't great. He was to blame for both goals. I'm not blaming Warnock so much. He barely grazed the ball, if it all. That ball still shouldn't have ended up in the back of the net. He has to be attent. It's funny how everyone was slagging me off when I questioned Reina's abilities etc fromthe moment we signed him. What do you people have to say now...
Kid a

Postby drummerphil » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:28 pm

Ciggy you ok now btw........everything ok
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:30 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I am gutted Rock just totally gutted, and the booze hasnt helped  :D

switch to burbun coke....... :p  (u  ain't gonna get high on chicks booze....... )

But look at the bright spot...we are all set-up to beat chelsea on wednesday (if recent memory is anything to go by ......... & if zenden does not play).
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby polygemus » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:31 pm

Spain has never produced a world class gk. Hence their under achievements at the world cup.

I feel like sending Reina to play basketball 6 hrs a day!! Wtf !!
Even teenagers can catch the ball better than he does!!
Bring on Carson!
polygemus

Postby stoney » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:32 pm

The problem why we have struggled to score goals in previos matches is not the formation but its the way its being played. For example with the scums, RVNs role is SOLELY to score goals and that's it although uniteds formation is more of a 4-3-3. Our problem is that our lone ''striker'' Crouch is not being used to score goals, he is being used to provide knock downs and flick ons to bring our midfielders into play and to be honest our only midfielder who is really like to get regular goals in the premiership is Gerrard and as that has not being happening we haven't won these games. Therefore in a way effectively, if you go by a strikers job is to score goals, we are playing with no striker. The problem is not the formation, Its the way we play it.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion