Liverpool vs Birmingham (Sat 22nd Sept) - All Pre Match discussion in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Grudge » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:02 am

Dalglish wrote:In a week when football just might have restored a little sanity ( I'm talking about Maureen's departure and what it will probably mean to Chelsea and how IMO it will be good for football) we stumble at home and drop 2 pts to a defensive Birmingham side who no doubt still remember being trounced 7-0 in the FA Cup at Home when they played a more open style. (Taylor's still having counselling !)

Unbeaten in October is not something you tend to hear too much as  Liverpool fan in recent years so before we all get a bit silly and start conceding the title bear in mind that we had an off day. It happens in football just in case you have forgotten.

We were lucky last week against Portsmouth not to lose and unlucky today not to win. Thats football my friends and it's the glorious unpredictability of it all that makes it so utterly compulsive !

Walk on................ As Adam says "it's what we do " :D

Amen brother! :buttrock
The Grudge

Postby The Grudge » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:14 am

UN...FUC>KING BEATEN!!

That means undefeated

Not beaten

Unable to conceed victory!

Good
Hard!Tough!!
LFC!

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!...Unbeaten!!Hard to beat home and AWAY!

UNBEATEN!
True
Red
Best
We will
Always do
what
other
teams
want
to..................like UTD or Spurs!

Be unbeaten......i think today they all done well apart from our manager!
The Grudge

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:16 am

Dissapointing result, this is the kind of game in which you cannot lose points. However we did. This things happen in football no need to panic.

Today it happened because Birmingham did a very good defensive job, and because Liverpool didn't make the best approach to beat them.

We had men to do harm by the wings, Pennant and Babel, when they were activated they did more than a good job, yet we didn't use them enough.

Liverpool tried to do things fast and through the middle, and no matter how much quality you got, if you try one-twos in the middle against a well structured and packed two lines waiting for you you're likely to fail a lot. And that happened a lot in this game. Fortunately enough they didn't had the quality to make us harm in the counterattack, and Mascherano, who IMHO did a good job aborted their attempts to counter many times with very good tackles. He missed a few passes, but that's a normal thing to happen throught out a game when you try some difficult ones. Overall, more than good game, better than his partner in the middle IMHO.

Not the best game for Gerrard, most of what he does is full of quality but today was a game in order to have patience and not try the hardest and fastest way. Didn't like some decissions.

Nice scissor kick from Torres. 0-0. I'm not that sure that he would have changed the game in the first half, because we didn't play well anyway.

I missed Crouch in a game like this. IN min 80 he's tackled when he's almost about to finnish, but the previous action with header of the ball to a team mate included, was a good example of why he's bloody useful. It was a game for him, not Voroning IMHO.

Rafa? Well I disagreed in the substitutions. It's true they were all out defending, and it's true putting three strikers in the pitch means you want to win the game. But Voronin produced less than Babel (and Kuyt) through out the game, and Babel was the one subbed. Fair play if it was because Babel was exhausted, he probably had a good reason. Three men up front didn't mean we created more danger really. For that moment we lost all the patience in build up. A stronger opposition might harm us if we lose patience in a 0-0 like this again, so we'd better learn the lesson.

So a poor game against a team we should have beaten. This happens everywhere in the world, to every team. The squad is quality, the manager is quality, the crowd (despite I listened too many away songs this time) is the best, and I think Liverpool has many possibilities to win the title. Saying it on top of the table is easier than saying it now :) But is what I think.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:24 am

Nice scissor kick= not in net!!

Benitez+trying= must do better!

Voronin+Babel :censored: on wing and shi.te crosses....TODAY!
Not everyday!
The Grudge

Postby Effes » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:35 am

The Grudge wrote:UN...FUC>KING BEATEN!!

That means undefeated

Not beaten

Mate - the unbeaten stuff sounds good, but since we changed to 3 points for a win, it's lost it's weight.

It's all about how many you WIN now.

Whoever wins the most games wins the league.

Our league campaign is still looking healthy, but I cant stand it when we haven't played our best team.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:49 am

Reina - hardly had to turn up, infact I am pretty sure I could have played in goal for either team and not conceeded today.

Arbeloa - Didn't look as good on the right as he has playing LB. On the couple of occasions a forward went inside he virtually walked past Arbeloa. Raided forward well and made a few good passes.

Riise - Despite some heavy criticism on these boards I thought he did ok. Certainly in the first half he passed well, linked with Babel and worked hard. Seemed to fade late in the game but it was his first game back.

Hyypia - passing was poor but on the couple of occasions he had to defend he was ok

Carra - great defender but once he crosses the half way line he becomes a nervous wreck. I thought he tried hard to help out the midfield today, but its just not his game.

Babel - Tried a few tricks but came inside too often and things got messy in the middle.

Mascherano - great defensively but unfortunately not too great with the ball today.

Gerrard - Not his best game but tried to make things happen, maybe a little too impatient with his passing, not every ball has to be a killer.

Pennant - Probably our best attacking force but still needs to find a final ball or better cross. Looked like he was having hamstring problems, hopefully fit for next week.

Kuyt - SOMETIMES ITS BETTER TO SAY NOTHING

Veronin - went missing for most of the game, offered  even less than Kuyt and dropped too deep

Rafa - Rested Torres (for whatever reason) apart from that I have no complaints. I was happy enough with the team before the game (unlike last week) and thought we had more than enough quality to see off Birmingham.
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:29 am

Nelly Jamba wrote:Crouch should take some heading masterclass from Robbie Fowler, who scored 2 with his head against Preston North End earlier today.

Can we recall Fowler?

please do.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:30 am

RichardLFC1 wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:
Sean wrote:Sack Benitez.

And his replacement?

Jose Mourinho

yes
jose mourinho
maypaxvobiscum

Postby The Grudge » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:33 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
RichardLFC1 wrote:

And his replacement?

Jose Mourinho

yes
jose mourinho

Go and fuc.k yourself!

PATHETIC! :D
The Grudge

Postby The Grudge » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:36 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
RichardLFC1 wrote:

And his replacement?

Jose Mourinho

yes
jose mourinho

THE GRUDGE CANNOT AND WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS INCOMPREHENSIONABLE :censored:!

HE NEVER WILL OR SHOULD HAVE TO!
The Grudge

Postby The Grudge » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:39 am

The Grudge wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
RichardLFC1 wrote:

And his replacement?

Jose Mourinho

yes
jose mourinho

THE GRUDGE CANNOT AND WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS INCOMPREHENSIONABLE :censored:!

HE NEVER WILL OR SHOULD HAVE TO!

He supports and loves LFC with all his heart!

GRUDGE and LFC....Kissing...Yes!!

Marry us!
The Grudge

Postby The Grudge » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:41 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
RichardLFC1 wrote:

And his replacement?

Jose Mourinho

yes
jose mourinho

No !!
Yes wan.ker!
The Grudge

Postby The Grudge » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:42 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
RichardLFC1 wrote:

And his replacement?

Jose Mourinho

yes
jose mourinho

Are mods pulling roots oot???
The Grudge

Postby lio » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:51 am

Post interview Rafa said:
"You must be frustrated because you know before that you must win this kind of game. You could see we were attacking, attacking, attacking – especially in the first half ..
…. I am raf, really. Gutted ! … so much wasted energy. :angry:
"We tried in the wide areas, we tried to get crosses in – everything. …
… yes, what a shame raf. By that you mean we run out of ideas? How can you said that raf, we are Liverpool remember? I didn’t see anyone applying a simple schoolboy technique by bringing the ball solo into the box and out of 10 times maybe we get 5 penalties?
“…when we needed fresh legs, we brought on Fernando, but you could see how many times he got behind defenders – never. That's because there was no space...
...ofcourse raf, Torres is only human. I saw his frustrated face when the camera was on him at the bench. Maybe he’s thinking then …‘what the feck am I sitting up here now and not starting? After 60 mins gone you expect me to cover your :censored: in 30 of 90 mins with a goal. I’m not God u kno??’

... please raf, many are left dizzy now with your roundabout rotation and I don’t know if the team felt the same too. By results so far with a 0-0 hattrick my feelings’s that we are spiraling southwards soon, so I’m gonna say to you:

NO TO ROTATIONs
YES TO SUBSTITUTIONs

At least start the best 11 each time everytime for the PL, please.

:angry:
lio

Postby The Grudge » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:54 am

lio wrote:Post interview Rafa said:
"You must be frustrated because you know before that you must win this kind of game. You could see we were attacking, attacking, attacking – especially in the first half ..
…. I am raf, really. Gutted ! … so much wasted energy. :angry:
"We tried in the wide areas, we tried to get crosses in – everything. …
… yes, what a shame raf. By that you mean we run out of ideas? How can you said that raf, we are Liverpool remember? I didn’t see anyone applying a simple schoolboy technique by bringing the ball solo into the box and out of 10 times maybe we get 5 penalties?
“…when we needed fresh legs, we brought on Fernando, but you could see how many times he got behind defenders – never. That's because there was no space...
...ofcourse raf, Torres is only human. I saw his frustrated face when the camera was on him at the bench. Maybe he’s thinking then …‘what the feck am I sitting up here now and not starting? After 60 mins gone you expect me to cover your :censored: in 30 of 90 mins with a goal. I’m not God u kno??’

... please raf, many are left dizzy now with your roundabout rotation and I don’t know if the team felt the same too. By results so far with a 0-0 hattrick my feelings’s that we are spiraling southwards soon, so I’m gonna say to you:

NO TO ROTATIONs
YES TO SUBSTITUTIONs

At least start the best 11 each time everytime for the PL, please.

:angry:

You must work hard for us!
The Grudge

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion