Best and worst buys manager by manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:19 am

I liked Avi Cohen was a good fullback. I went the day we won the league and he scored 2 (one for Villa one for us lol)I think he left because of his religious beliefs couldnt play on a sunday (some said he couldnt play on a Saturday either :D )

I agree with Keegan, Clemence,Hansen but Souness and Kennedy were big stars before we signed them.
account deleted by request

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:59 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:
Good Bob wrote:Rafa Benitez era:

Best Signings: Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko, Pepe Reina, Robbie Fowler.

Average Signings: Zenden, Crouch, Kromkamp, Agger, Carson.

Worst Signings: Josemi, Nunez, Morientes.

I doubt you've seen enough of Agger to come to that conclusion and Kromkamp.  :talktothehand
48-1119859832

Postby Good Bob » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:33 am

0asis wrote:
passmeistro_#14 wrote:

I doubt you've seen enough of Agger to come to that conclusion and Kromkamp.  :talktothehand

I've seen plenty of them in the reserves and at Premiership level.

So they are good signings? Great players who walk into the first team and improve it?

No.

Bad signings? Bad players who aren't good enough even for a squad role?

No.

So what exactly are they then at this present moment then?

Average signings with potential? Fair assessment I'd say. You my friend are one truely clueless idiot.
Good Bob

Postby davo_LFC » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:22 pm

7_Kewell wrote:can someone please explain how on earth the transfer of Diomede ever came about?!!?

He was in the france squad that won the world cup in 1998, houllier was the director or something along those lines and soon after GH became manager of us an he signed him for about 3mil. He only played about 2 games against teams like hull and that  :suspect:
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:08 pm

davo_LFC wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:can someone please explain how on earth the transfer of Diomede ever came about?!!?

He was in the france squad that won the world cup in 1998, houllier was the director or something along those lines and soon after GH became manager of us an he signed him for about 3mil. He only played about 2 games against teams like hull and that  :suspect:

1.5 million per game.  Bargain!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:13 pm

I don't know if its just because I pay more attention to LFC but we do seem to buy a lot of duds. I'd say about 50% of signings (going back to Souness era) were rubbish.

Mark Walters, Julian Dicks (Souness deserves two)Collymore, Diouf, Cisse (GH deserves two) and Moreientes were all big buys and rubbish. Bargains would have to be Rob Jones and Jamie Redknapp (excluding free transfers)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:25 pm

Big Niall wrote:I don't know if its just because I pay more attention to LFC but we do seem to buy a lot of duds. I'd say about 50% of signings (going back to Souness era) were rubbish.

Mark Walters, Julian Dicks (Souness deserves two)Collymore, Diouf, Cisse (GH deserves two) and Moreientes were all big buys and rubbish. Bargains would have to be Rob Jones and Jamie Redknapp (excluding free transfers)

Mark Walters was a truly awful player.  He's currently playing in the 'legends' indoor 5-a-side for liverpool.  He's no :censored: legend!!!  :veryangry
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:14 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Big Niall wrote:I don't know if its just because I pay more attention to LFC but we do seem to buy a lot of duds. I'd say about 50% of signings (going back to Souness era) were rubbish.

Mark Walters was a truly awful player.  He's currently playing in the 'legends' indoor 5-a-side for liverpool.  He's no :censored: legend!!!  :veryangry

FOWLER!!! :bowdown  :D
Good Bob

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:17 pm

here is a link for all the transfers made by each of our managers.

you can make up your own minds :D

http://www.lfchistory.net/stats_transfers_by_manager.asp
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:33 pm

The money spent on players is absolutly staggering.........and the money wasted on sh!te.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:33 pm

Good Bob wrote:
0asis wrote:
passmeistro_#14 wrote:

I've seen plenty of them in the reserves and at Premiership level.

So they are good signings? Great players who walk into the first team and improve it?

No.

Bad signings? Bad players who aren't good enough even for a squad role?

No.

So what exactly are they then at this present moment then?

Average signings with potential? Fair assessment I'd say. You my friend are one truely clueless idiot.

agger is what?....21?....... give the lad a chance....and u say u have seen plenty of him in the premiership? all what?...180 odd minutes.....
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:24 pm

Good Bob wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

Sissoko and John Barnes  :bowdown
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:15 am

stmichael wrote:here is a link for all the transfers made by each of our managers.

you can make up your own minds :D

http://www.lfchistory.net/stats_transfers_by_manager.asp

I dont see any logical pattern to Roy Evan's purchases.

Shanks, paisley, Fagan, even Dalglish and Souness then suddenly freaking Roy Evans is off on a tour of obscure footy clubs throughout europe buying players who simply never made it. What was he thinking? :suspect:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:40 am

I always thought it was weird when we signed Barmby at the time.
He was ok but no better. £6M ????
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:43 am

7_Kewell wrote:
Good Bob wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

Sissoko and John Barnes  :bowdown

What about Sissoko and John Barnes? :shifty

FOWLERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :laugh:
Good Bob

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion