[url=server3.ikonboard.com/LFC4EVER]My LFC and CM Forums[/url]

Edited By HistoryGirl on July 11 2002 at 19:06
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Enforcer » Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:07 pm

In modern times yes, however pre shankly there were probably some a lot worse, at least he won something.
If at first you don't suceed . . . . . . . . . Delegate
Enforcer

Postby LFC4EVER » Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:11 pm

id have to say some of the people before Shanks.

LFC4EVER
"Winning isnt everything. Its the only thing"
LFC4EVER

Postby HistoryGirl » Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:06 pm

suppose :)
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Breeze » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:46 pm

In my Lifetime, without a doubt it has to be Graeme Souness. Bast*** messed up a winning formula by selling key players like McMahon, Houghton, Staunton etc. We had few more titles to go then came this idiot (great player).
Breeze

Postby Enforcer » Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:23 pm

bear in mind Souness had to pick up the pieces after Dalglish. The team was starting to struggle and Dalglish just left.
If at first you don't suceed . . . . . . . . . Delegate
Enforcer

Postby shepboy » Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:59 am

i'd be inclined to agree with Enforcer on this topic. Dalglish left with a team that was on the verge of going over the hill and it did with Souness left to pick up the pieces.

Souness signed some players who frankly weren't good enough and sold quality players which saw us struggle.  So in my time as a Liverpool fan I must say Souness was the worst but Dalglish didn't exactly help his cause as a footnote.
shepboy

Postby marky mark » Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:09 am

i would have to say souness - tosser- he even knocked down the boot room , what was he thinking about?{awesome player}though !!
marky mark

Postby royal blue mersey » Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:53 pm

You don't even know the names of your pre shankly managers. Get with it you lot. Are you a club or a pop groupy forum?
royal blue mersey

Postby its cold in the stands sh » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:53 pm

like you have a billy bingham poster on your wall.             
a lot of our big name stars at the time didnt like souness`s
confrontational style.barnsey suddenly developed a mystery injury and only played a handfull of games in two seasons.
bruce g. felt souness`s wage offer for a player who had been there ten years was a bit stingy (plus the fact he lost his shirt in bad business deals in southern africa) and decided to "make" money other ways.as soon as souey came back houghton (who`s from glasgow and had friends telling him about soueys tea cup thowing antics) said he wanted out.
a lot of the others he was left with were either well past it or just not good enough i.e. nicol and speedy.
although we were top when kenny threw in the towel he knew
he`d left the rebuilding job too late and his judgement had collapsed under the pressure........two words......jimmy carter.a lot of teams in those days used to play liverpool expecting to get beat, suddenly the likes of wimbledon and other physical teams were getting results at anfield, (unthinkable a few years before) and the fear factor shankly created 30 years before started to erode.
souness was left with the impossible job and to make things worse arch rivals man united came up with their best eleven since the law,charlton,best and kidd days. the united midfield in that side (a young giggs,keane,ince,kanchelskis) was the best i`d seen since our own case,souness,mcdermott and ray kennedy.souness couldnt cope with players who seemed apathetic, he played in a side that took gave no quarter, and asked none in return.a lot of people "think" some players at that time didn`t really mind losing if it meant souey getting closer to the chop.saying that, top class managers weed out those players and souey made some really dodgy buys himself
i.e ivan kozma ( he made biscan look like pele).i personally tend to think he was the worst in modern times but i also think he`s the best midfielder i`ve ever seen in any coloured shirt.when souness was driving the team to european success other great footballers were plying their trade in europe like maradona (barcelona),kempes(valencia) and rumenigge(bayern).the man was behind some of the best sporting memories in my life so its hard for me to slate him.saying that i also remember sitting in anfield watching every no-hope lower league side knock us out the cups year after year.
applauding these lower league sides off the pitch became a regular occurance under souness.even " `ave it!" houllier hasn`t sunk that low. :angry:
its cold in the stands sh

Postby royal blue mersey » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:00 pm

Cold in the showers I like your style. Of course you are a RS but you remember Bingham whereas most RS barely remember Fagan and also you don't seem to have the normal pathetic RS envy of Man U. Well played mate.
royal blue mersey

Postby its cold in the stands sh » Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:41 am

i reckon gordon lee would walk this category on the corresponding everton web site.
probably cause he sold lazy ***** duncan mckenzie, that fella wanted to spend less time jumping over mini`s and lobbing golf balls the length of the pitch, and spend more time chasing back.
didnt gordon buy bob latchford from birmingham? i cant remember now.
what is it with evertonians and fellas named duncan.
especially ones who average about four goals a season.
latchford was ten times the player ferguson is/was.
its cold in the stands sh

Postby royal blue mersey » Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:11 pm

Lee is a bit of a cert there. The great Colin Harvey never really made it as a manager although we love him as a player. Latch was a God sure enough.
royal blue mersey

Postby Matheuzala » Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:01 am

Yes I agree but with regard to Owens gambling problem I wonder which team Houlier was betting on when he took Murphy off against C. Palace??? :angry:
Matheuzala

Postby royal blue mersey » Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:07 pm

He really just isn't up to it. he is trying he just in
sn't good enough
royal blue mersey

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion