Postby DAV » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:56 pm

interesting
i wonder if years to come if people will say lucas was a good buy
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:59 pm

DAV wrote:interesting
i wonder if years to come if people will say lucas was a good buy

No mate, only those who claim he is a good buy now. In fairness to qualify that he cost 8 million quid (revised afterwards to 5 million plus "add ons") and you'd get 5s mill for him if you sold him I should think, maybe a little more. If Masherano was injured, I'd have no real problem with playing him. It's ALONGSIDE Masherano where he looks glaringly inadequate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:02 pm

Didnt Lucas cost between 5 and 6 million ?!

And what has the mancs got to do with this thread ?
Benny The Noon

Postby DAV » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:02 pm

he was 2 clumsey for me. alot of energy but every time he went into a tackle i thought will he get booked or sent off.
but age will sort that out. im just going by when he was with us and my opinion. not what ever he is doing now
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:03 pm

Best pm St Michael and ask him mate, he was the one who brought them into the discussion.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:04 pm

It was a general question .

Same with how come the price of Lucas has shot up to 8 million ?
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:06 pm

I think Masch is a better player, but we had a better balance in midfield with Sissoko as he liked to tackle all over the field rather than sitting deep.
account deleted by request

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:07 pm

He did have a lot of energy around the park and did hassle a lot - was a master of the tackle pass :D
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:07 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:It was a general question .

Same with how come the price of Lucas has shot up to 8 million ?

Probably in the same way the price of aquilani has shot down to 5 million I should think. People belive what they want to believe, and I distinctly remember the price being quoted as 8 mill' when we first picked him up. For it to reach 8 mill he probably had to make plenty of appearances so we might be getting somewhere near. Mind you, we probably had to win some trophies as well so five it probably is.

In that sense, we could be said to have been quite efficient at diminishing our net spend over the last few seasons.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:10 pm

bigmick wrote:In that sense, we could be said to have been quite efficient at diminishing our net spend over the last few seasons.

:laugh:  Yeah, if we had been any less successful and they would have had to start paying us  :D

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:11 pm

As far as im aware the final price Aquilani will rise to close to 20 mil - 5 mil down payment with a further two more down payments at certain times plus add ons . The inital outlay thou was 5 mill.

As for Lucas have never seen 8 mil quoted only 5 mil to 6 mil ish but nothing else .

Im pretty sure your post is prob some sly dig at people mentioning net spend in defence of Rafa ..
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:As far as im aware the final price Aquilani will rise to close to 20 mil - 5 mil down payment with a further two more down payments at certain times plus add ons . The inital outlay thou was 5 mill.

As for Lucas have never seen 8 mil quoted only 5 mil to 6 mil ish but nothing else .

Im pretty sure your post is prob some sly dig at people mentioning net spend in defence of Rafa ..

Nah when he first signed the figure was ($15million dollars /£8 million mate.) Then it went to £5million + add ons.

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:23 pm

s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:As far as im aware the final price Aquilani will rise to close to 20 mil - 5 mil down payment with a further two more down payments at certain times plus add ons . The inital outlay thou was 5 mill.

Nah when he first signed the figure was ($15million dollars /£8 million mate.) Then it went to £5million + add ons.

Yeah i knew I wasn't dreaming. As far as Aquilani is concerned, I think I'm right in saying we'll have paid 15 million quid for him by the end of THIS season, so why people keep going on about 5 million is beyond me.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Not according to the reports i have just read mate - pretty much most say the fee is 6mil or 6.7 mill euros - nothing about add ons .

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpo....9839376

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Leiva
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:26 pm

bigmick wrote:
s@int wrote:

Yeah i knew I wasn't dreaming. As far as Aquilani is concerned, I think I'm right in saying we'll have paid 15 million quid for him by the end of THIS season, so why people keep going on about 5 million is beyond me.

Four cash installments:

* €5m upfront
* €3m by 4th January 2010
* €7m by June 30th 2010
* €5m by June 30th 2011.

Base transfer fee = €20m/£18m

Further Add ons include:

* €300k for every year Liverpool qualify for the CL from 2010/11 to 2014/15.

* €250k every time the player reaches 35 appearancs; 70 appearances; 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

* €1m the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

* 5% of any future transfer fee paid to Roma.
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion