Bellamy/riise fracas?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:17 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Dudek and Fowler are unlikely to get new contracts anyway, Riise is not good enough to be our first choice left back and his place in the squad has been questioned by many.

Pennant has been a failure so far and will not be good enough to our first choice midfielder in a million years. Bellamy has improved our team but there are plenty more were he came from who can control themselves, and ultimately he isn’t a title winning striker.

If those five players left this summer we would have to buy a top quality striker to partner Kuyt (this would happen anyway), someone to replace Fowler (could possibly be either Pongolle or Le Tallec), someone to come in and compete to be our first choice right midfielder (would have happened anyway), someone to challenge Aurelio for the left back spot, and call Carson back to be back up to Reina.

If worse comes to worse and these 5 players have misbehaved, we can get shot of all 5 in the summer and we would hardly have to alter our transfer plans.

The Bellamy/Riise stuff is true apparently. The other stuff about Fowler, Dudek and Pennant

The Bellamy Risse stuff is true apparently !!

Well there you go then !!

As for your transfers of Dudek,Pennant, Risse, Fowler.

There we have it job done and all sorted out.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:20 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Dudek and Fowler are unlikely to get new contracts anyway, Riise is not good enough to be our first choice left back and his place in the squad has been questioned by many.

Pennant has been a failure so far and will not be good enough to our first choice midfielder in a million years. Bellamy has improved our team but there are plenty more were he came from who can control themselves, and ultimately he isn’t a title winning striker.

If those five players left this summer we would have to buy a top quality striker to partner Kuyt (this would happen anyway), someone to replace Fowler (could possibly be either Pongolle or Le Tallec), someone to come in and compete to be our first choice right midfielder (would have happened anyway), someone to challenge Aurelio for the left back spot, and call Carson back to be back up to Reina.

If worse comes to worse and these 5 players have misbehaved, we can get shot of all 5 in the summer and we would hardly have to alter our transfer plans.

The Bellamy/Riise stuff is true apparently. The other stuff about Fowler, Dudek and Pennant

As for your transfers of Dudek,Pennant, Risse, Fowler.

There we have it job done and all sorted out.

That part of my post is from StMike, I must have cut and pasted it into my post rather than quoting it.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:24 pm

Ciggy wrote:Wish we would have had a Cup game this weekend instead of going to Portugal this has really put a dampener on the Barca game.
And if something like this really fecks us up in Spain and we can tell its effected the players, then those involved should never play for us again.
This could possibly cost the club millions of pounds Gillett and Hicks wont be to pleased if it does happen.

Good post that Ciggy Darling!!

Bet Hicks and gellete are arguing right now!! They feel Bellamy is wasted as a goalattacker. They want him to transfer to there Team in U.S.A. as a top player for there Baseball team, They feel he has a wicked swing, and would get them many runs in the League there.

Go Bellers Go Bellers Go Bellers!!!!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:27 pm

Rumours going around now that Bellamy's been told to look for another club because his other one's bent and broken!!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:28 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:

NOTW = Sunday S*n = lying bastards who would write anything to get a story. Especially to get dirt on Liverpool, that's why it was probably front page.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:37 pm

If those 5 named players have breached club rules I would punish all 5 by leaving them at home when the rest go to the Nou Camp.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:46 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:If those 5 named players have breached club rules I would punish all 5 by leaving them at home when the rest go to the Nou Camp.

I know that's the right thing to do has but without bellamy we have no pace and therefore no outlet. we'd get battered.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:49 pm

Play Gonzo on the left, Gerrard on the right, both are speedy outlets who will benefit on a large pitch, and the aerial power of Kuyt and Crouch will be a big threat to thier ordianry defenders.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:55 pm

If only the was lasting damage to Riiisse lol
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:35 pm

stmichael wrote:Rumours going around now that Bellamy's been told to look for another club because his other one's bent and broken!!

:laugh:

And Riise has a new nickname as well...From now on he'll be known as...

GOLFBALL! :laugh:
66-1120597113

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:41 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
stmichael wrote:Rumours going around now that Bellamy's been told to look for another club because his other one's bent and broken!!

:laugh:

And Riise has a new nickname as well...From now on he'll be known as...

GOLFBALL! :laugh:

i hear Riise feeling a bit under par today.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:52 pm

I now hear it was a bit of a misunderstanding, Riise coming into the room and said are you ready to Robbie, Robbie turned and said to Bellamy  “do you what to go clubbing” but sadly Bellamy  did not hear him right and what he heard was “ do you want to go and club him”
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:11 pm

From official site..

OFFICIAL LIVERPOOL FC STATEMENT
Paul Eaton 18 February 2007 
  Liverpool FC have today released the following statement from manager Rafael Benitez 
"I met this morning with the entire first team squad and made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the pitch.

"The players worked extremely hard at last week's training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules during our stay in Portugal. I've told the players this and they understand and accept the decision I have taken.

"Despite reports to the contrary, the spirit amongst the lads is very good with everyone looking forward to the game against Barcelona on Wednesday.

"We remain totally focussed on what will be a very tough game against the defending European Champions."
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:15 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:From official site..

OFFICIAL LIVERPOOL FC STATEMENT
Paul Eaton 18 February 2007 
  Liverpool FC have today released the following statement from manager Rafael Benitez 
"I met this morning with the entire first team squad and made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the pitch.

"The players worked extremely hard at last week's training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules during our stay in Portugal. I've told the players this and they understand and accept the decision I have taken.

"Despite reports to the contrary, the spirit amongst the lads is very good with everyone looking forward to the game against Barcelona on Wednesday.

"We remain totally focussed on what will be a very tough game against the defending European Champions."

Tell us something we don't know!!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:17 pm

Is this story a load of tosh then?

Is Riise injured?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion