Bellamy/riise fracas?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby oakton » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:33 am

"But it all went wrong when Craig tried to drag John up for a song.

"There was a karaoke competition going on, but John's a quiet one off the pitch and wasn't having it at all.

This is so stupid that is kind of funny! :D
oakton

Postby destro » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:36 am

Ive read the stories and heard what they are saying on Sky and i cant help feeling its all been blown out of proportion. Maybe there was a bit of arguing and a few had a bit much to drink but, they were over there to relax, to enjoy themselves and prepare for one of the biggest games of our season.

If it turns out to be true it now shows Rafa the sort of players he can rely on to be responsible and not drag LIVERPOOL FC,s name through the mud and the ones who have no future at the club.

Im going to wait for some sort of official statement from the club as it seems the usual suspects are the only ones to be named.

But i dont believe that bellamy attacked JAR with a golf club ??? for what ? refusing to sing his favourite ABBA song
destro

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:44 am

Ciggy wrote:Riise attacked by Bellamy

John Arne Riise was supposedly attacked.

Exactly. no concrete quotes from anyone have come out yet and the fact it's being run by NOTW further strengthens my belief that this has completely been blown out of proportion.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:56 am

Ace ventura is right about focusing on the game and don't losing the focus on the match, and Destro is right about awaiting an official response.

I've been playing with close friends pretending to be fighting more than once, and what could be a game could be exagerated 1000%. I hardly doubt that if one guy hits another repeteadly with a golf club, this player won't need serious medical attention, so I'm reluctant to believe all this story.

If it's true, Bellamy shouldn't play for LFC for a long while, so I'll just wait to see what our club says and does about the subject.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:26 pm

Why are players drinking at all.  Its not a holiday, its preparation for a big game.  They shouldnt want to drink any booze, no they shouldnt be allowed to touch the booze.
puroresu

Postby fivecups » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:28 pm

Saw this on RAWK..... seems to put a different spin on it. It's seems unlikely that the players would be w*nkered less than a week before a massive game. I have this nagging worry about Bellamy though. Let's face it we know that he can be petulant, and at times a complete psycho.

Algarve stories aren’t true’
This Is Anfield - February 18th, 2007
No Comments on this article ▪ Add a Comment
There’s various stories currently flying around about what happened in the Algarve, they all seem pretty astonishing and reports of Bellamy beating Riise with a golf club - although potentially catastrophic - seem like typical media fabrication. Particularly considering the source of several articles and reports.

We have been sent the following article, which hopefully is found to be the truth;

According to staff at Monty’s Steak House and Bar, there was no trouble at all.

We spoke to staff member Valter who informed us that a party of 22 had been at Monty’s and not 15 as had been reported.

Valter told us: “We have seen what the Record has published but I must tell you that this is a very bad, unrealiable newspaper. It is like your Sun newspaper in England.

“Reporters from the Record were here at Monty’s and they were annoyed because the Liverpool players refused to speak to them. They wouldn’t talk to these reporters and the club refused to let them film at the training camp. There was a bad feeling from them because the players wouldn’t do interviews.

“Earlier on Thursday the players came in as routine. They had tables booked for a meal. There were many families and children in Monty’s and all night the players were happy to sign autographs and have their photos taken.

“After their meal they sang Karaoke in small groups. They even sang songs with some of the kids here. It was a fun night.

“The management of Liverpool FC including Mr Benitez had gone for a meal at another resort nearby.

“All night the journalists kept annoying the players. They were very angry because none of the Liverpool players would talk to them or even sign autographs but they would for the families and staff. We had told them about the men from the Reporter and what type of publication it was and to be careful.

“During the night two Liverpool players (non-English) had an argument. It was nothing. It was just like when a group of men are out joking and telling fun at each other. A glass was dropped, just one glass, and Robbie (Fowler) and Steven (Gerrard) told them to both “shut up” but this was just joking talk, there was no bad feelings and they had the drink replaced. They were still friends. It was nothing and they continued in their group all night.

“The reporters tried to say that loads of glasses and other things had been broken outside, many glasses, but we have a law here in Portugal which says nobody can drink outside the bar premises. The police were outside the bars as normal and had they seen anyone outside we would have been fined. We would not let anyone, not even famous people, drink outside.

“Only one glass was broken and this was inside but this happens every night when groups of friends are together. They were no different to any other groups.

“Word came through to the players that Benitez had finished his meal and was coming back to the resort so their private van came to collect them at around 12.30. They all left together.”

We asked if any of the players mentioned in the Record’s article had been causing trouble.

Valter said: “No. Everyone was good. I don’t know all the names but I know Fowler, Gerrard and Crouch. Fowler was one of the first to leave in the first trip. These players were all happy. It was a good night.

“I have spoken to friends at Barringtons (apartment complex where the players are staying) and they said there was no trouble. They said the players weren’t loud because Benitez was with them when they returned.”

It was pointed out to Valter that both establishments could simply be covering something up, which he understood but he added that his manager would be following the Record’s claims up.

He said: “My manager is not here yet but he is furious. Publishing lies is not good for Liverpool players but it’s also not good for our business to say these things when it is not true. I do know that he is contacting the Record for an apology.

“What they have said is not true and I have no problem if you want to use my name because I know the truth is on the cameras (CCTV).

“The journalists are just angry with Liverpool FC and want to create lies.

“Liverpool players are welcome here anytime. They have been brilliant.”

A source at Barringtons who wouldn’t give their name denied that there had been any problems at the complex and that had there been, all guests in the party would have been removed.

She said: “Everyone here is the same. If a group misbehaves then security would remove them. It doesn’t matter if you are famous like an actor or footballer. Everyone would be asked to leave if trouble happened.”
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:50 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Theres no smoke without fire!

Yes im sure some of the print in the Sunday Sun are a bit exaggerated and maybe even lies.But at the end of the day our players have went to another country and made cu.nts outta themselves...its a disgrace!
These players are ambassadors when abroad and represent LFC a team respected throughout the world.
If Bellamy did attack Riise with a golfclub,he should be sacked immediately,never play for us again.I never liked him anyway personally plus he needs about 50 chances to find the net!

This could not have came at a worse time when the Gillet/Hicks deal is not signed...what must they think?Will they pull out?

On Wednesday night we have the biggest game for us since Istanbul in 2005,we didnt need this!And WTF are professional players doing getting into that state so close to such a massive game?Surely they should be doing everything to make sure they are in peak fitness.

Im sure we have not heard the total truth but something happened that should not have......This is a time when Benitez should be man enough to stand up and give a press conference and say exactly what did happen and exactly what parts of print were lies.

Im sure the NOTW are loving this after the truth campaign aimed at the Sun...we all know the NOTW is just the Sun dont we!

Feck sake do you believe everything you here you knobb jocky. Ha Ha!!

Come on these guys are human after all, arn't they entitled to let there hair down and have a good time. We have all been there had far to much something happens and we regret it the next day all caused by "ALCHOHOL" We think feck what happened last night. These guys are profesionall  players but come on we all like a good pissss up the best of us. There is no harm in that.

I never liked him anyway!! (Bellamy)
He needs 50 chances to find the net.

Give the lad a chance innocent until proven guilty!!
What if this was Stevie Gerrard being labeled.
Would it be never liked him anyway, Should have taken 35m when it was offered, bla bla bla.

Everything in life has ups and downs, Its not the first time Liverpool fc have hit the headlines for the wrong reasons and it won't be the last!!  Thats life it happens to the best of us..

Lets all look forward to wed night and our biggest game of the season.. :veryangry
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:01 pm

There you go BarryBelfast!!!

Before you start jumping on the bandwagon. Think about it.

What was stated in Rawk i believe!!

Something has been  stirred by these knobbb jockeysss reporters, all because The players wouldn't do what they asked for.

I hope Liverpool are keeping quite on this because they are going to take these arseholessssssss  for printing such rubbish to the cleaners.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:04 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:

Yes im sure some of the print in the Sunday Sun are a bit exaggerated and maybe even lies.But at the end of the day our players have went to another country and made cu.nts outta themselves...its a disgrace!
These players are ambassadors when abroad and represent LFC a team respected throughout the world.
If Bellamy did attack Riise with a golfclub,he should be sacked immediately,never play for us again.I never liked him anyway personally plus he needs about 50 chances to find the net!

This could not have came at a worse time when the Gillet/Hicks deal is not signed...what must they think?Will they pull out?

On Wednesday night we have the biggest game for us since Istanbul in 2005,we didnt need this!And WTF are professional players doing getting into that state so close to such a massive game?Surely they should be doing everything to make sure they are in peak fitness.

Im sure we have not heard the total truth but something happened that should not have......This is a time when Benitez should be man enough to stand up and give a press conference and say exactly what did happen and exactly what parts of print were lies.

Im sure the NOTW are loving this after the truth campaign aimed at the Sun...we all know the NOTW is just the Sun dont we!

Come on these guys are human after all, arn't they entitled to let there hair down and have a good time. We have all been there had far to much something happens and we regret it the next day all caused by "ALCHOHOL" We think feck what happened last night. These guys are profesionall  players but come on we all like a good pissss up the best of us. There is no harm in that.

Would it be never liked him anyway, Should have taken 35m when it was offered, bla bla bla.

Everything in life has ups and downs, Its not the first time Liverpool fc have hit the headlines for the wrong reasons and it won't be the last!!  Thats life it happens to the best of us..

Lets all look forward to wed night and our biggest game of the season.. :veryangry

Im all for coaches who dont let players touch the booze.  I remember reading Jock Stein had spies in Glasgow who would let him know when players went into pubs in the 60's and 70's.  Wee Jinky Johnson went into a pub outside Glasgow and within 5 mins the barman took a phone call and said to 'Jinky' its for you. 'Jinky' took the call and it was Jock Stein who said "Wee man get out of there right now".  Classic!!!

I dont even know why pro athletes would want to drink enough alcohol to get in a state.  A friend of mine has seen Roy Carroll on a night out twice and both times he said he was totally wrecked.  Madness.
puroresu

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:04 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:

Thanks for that Welshy! :D
For the record i've never jockyed a nob in my life nor do i intend to! :)

I never said i believed it all mate..what i said is thst theres usually no smoke without fire.I don't want to believe that our players are acting like that.
As for the drinking...Well i just dont think they should be on the sauce so close to a massive game..its unprofessional!
None of us know the truth yet.We should expect a lot more conflicting reports over the next day or 2 as well before truth finds its way out..

Surely you could ask your uncle Albert who works at Anfield and enlighten us all with the truth.
And dont call me a nob jockey again OK LEAKHEAD! :D  :rasp
66-1120597113

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:06 pm

puroresu wrote:
welsh wizzard wrote:

Im all for coaches who dont let players touch the booze.  I remember reading Jock Stein had spies in Glasgow who would let him know when players went into pubs in the 60's and 70's.  Wee Jinky Johnson went into a pub outside Glasgow and within 5 mins the barman took a phone call and said to 'Jinky' its for you. 'Jinky' took the call and it was Jock Stein who said "Wee man get out of there right now".  Classic!!!

Its Ok having a beer like but to get pi.ssed so close to a massive game is daft..if its true(for Welshy) :D
66-1120597113

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:08 pm

Loads of bollox i'd say, something minor has probably been blown out of all proportion. If its true which i highly doubt, especially with rags like the NOTW reporting on it, i dont think rafa would stand for it at all. The lot of them would most probably be sold in the summer.

I dont believe it at all though, the papers have obviously heard about the tragically 'broken' glass and decided to pull the wooden spoons out the bunch of worthless c.unts. This is the last thing we needed right before the biggest game of the season.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:19 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
welsh wizzard wrote:

Thanks for that Welshy! :D
For the record i've never jockyed a nob in my life nor do i intend to! :)

I never said i believed it all mate..what i said is thst theres usually no smoke without fire.I don't want to believe that our players are acting like that.
As for the drinking...Well i just dont think they should be on the sauce so close to a massive game..its unprofessional!
None of us know the truth yet.We should expect a lot more conflicting reports over the next day or 2 as well before truth finds its way out..

Surely you could ask your uncle Albert who works at Anfield and enlighten us all with the truth.
And dont call me a nob jockey again OK LEAKHEAD! :D  :rasp

Fair enough Barry lad!! This happened on friday they were supposedly having a good drink and a good time there is nothing wrong with that having a drink and a sing along, we don't play Barca until wed, i could understand it if it was two nights before or especially the night before. But to me it sounded like you believed it.

Anyway my Uncle Albert was staying at the resort he was in the restraunt where the players were having a singalong. He says he was playing the piano when robbie was coming back from bar with a drink for himself and dudek he passed Dudek his glass of beer and the Daft polish get, let it slip right through his mits and went crashing straight to the floor. Glass everywhere, So there you go more reason to get rid of the fumbling Dudek, he drops everything he holds.

So there you have it you Knobbbb Jockyyyyy  !!

Don't believe everything you hear!!   

Uncle Albert told me to tell you so!!

:laugh:
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:41 pm

Well not one named source is being quoted by any of the news outlets that have run with the story. Even the TV2 article says "TV2 have had it confirmed from a source very close to John Arne Riise that the content is true".

It's terrible journalism, and any writer trying to pull a thing like that on a quality newspaper would be shot on sight.
ivor_the_injun

Postby heimdall » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:45 pm

I'm also starting to think that this is a bit blown out of all prportion, but something did happen, something is being covered up and it is not bloody good enough for a team like LFC.
I totally agree the players can have one or two beers but getting shitfaced is not professional for a top flight sportsman, It should never happen as it is bad for their performance.

Anyway lets hope this is all a load of :censored: but I weant to see Bellamy gone anyway, I'm now suspicious about that assualt charge he got cleared of! He is a thug and what's more not a particularly good footballer.

As for confirmation of these rumours, how about Riises Mum, wouldn't that be quite reliable?
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion