Bellamy/riise fracas?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:17 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:From official site..

OFFICIAL LIVERPOOL FC STATEMENT
Paul Eaton 18 February 2007 
  Liverpool FC have today released the following statement from manager Rafael Benitez 
"I met this morning with the entire first team squad and made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the pitch.

"The players worked extremely hard at last week's training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules during our stay in Portugal. I've told the players this and they understand and accept the decision I have taken.

"Despite reports to the contrary, the spirit amongst the lads is very good with everyone looking forward to the game against Barcelona on Wednesday.

"We remain totally focussed on what will be a very tough game against the defending European Champions."

Tell us something we don't know!!

your a nob ed you don't seem to know that[B]
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:21 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
welsh wizzard wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:From official site..

OFFICIAL LIVERPOOL FC STATEMENT
Paul Eaton 18 February 2007 
  Liverpool FC have today released the following statement from manager Rafael Benitez 
"I met this morning with the entire first team squad and made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the pitch.

"The players worked extremely hard at last week's training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules during our stay in Portugal. I've told the players this and they understand and accept the decision I have taken.

"Despite reports to the contrary, the spirit amongst the lads is very good with everyone looking forward to the game against Barcelona on Wednesday.

"We remain totally focussed on what will be a very tough game against the defending European Champions."

Tell us something we don't know!!

your a :censored:.. you don't seem to know that

Listen Knobbbbbb Head!!

That was uncalled for, i heard that statement hours ago like many of us on here.

Thats all i was getting at tell us something we don't already know.

You have really hurt my feelings now....
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:23 pm

so what! :p
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:26 pm

The club has to try and calm the storm on these embarassing allegations. No doubt they will be busy sorting this mess out behind the scenes.

If some of the lads have caused trouble after being the weekend off its poor form to to say the least. Honestly they cannot be left off the leash for one night can they.

Some players will be cut more slack than others but a character like Bellamy was purchased as soiled goods bought cheap on account of his shocking reputation. If reports of his involvement are true it will surely its one strike and out for him at Liverpool.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:52 pm

After reading Benitez statement its obvious something happened that should'nt have..What exactly did reamains to be seen!
The golf club incident i find believable because Bellamy has been trouble wherever he has been,his attitude and arrogance are vile.
There has been reports of other players deliberately vandalising electrical equipment at the hotel.
There have been stories of players smashing up cars.
Some suggesting Robbie Fowler was that drunk he had to be carried home.
Its hard to know what to believe there is that much shi.te floating about.

Im annoyed that something has happened and feel our players may have let themselves down.

What im more annoyed with is the obvious delight that the News Of The World in sticking it on their front page!People on here should remember that although it calls itself the sister paper of the Sun...it is just in fact the Sun on Sunday and no less of a rag written by a bunch of imbred ratbag parasites!

Maybe the truth will come out tomorrow in a decent paper,not that we have many of them in Britain...it sickens me that most are happy to believe the worst and print unfounded gossip.
Something else that annoys me is the way they say...'Our source said' or a 'Reliable sources confirmed'..then they think they can print what they want because it is coming from a 3rd party so they cannot get done for Libel......Fuc.king smart :censored: C.unts.

Best way out of this situation is to go to Camp Nou on Wednesday night and hammer Barca and show the world exactly what LFC are alll about....Kind of ironic that the same SCUM that are happy to shi.t all over us on their front page will be equally as happy to wa.nk over us on the back if we do!
66-1120597113

Postby Pedro Maradona » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:32 pm

still reckon its all rubbish, even Rafas official statement is wishywashy in that it says "IF "any player is found to have done anything in breach of the rules they will take disciplinary action and fine them....sounds like a sound byte made in response to a false allegation....
probably nothing being blown out of proportion....
And anyway at the end of the day if something did happen like a fight between two players.....so what? I saw it happening in a lot of dressing rooms over the years. (granted i havent seen a player kick down a door and attack someone with a golf club lol but I doubt that happened to be honest.)
its pure, gutter journalist rubbish that probably can't be proven either way.....
Pedro Maradona

Postby heimdall » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:36 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:After reading Benitez statement its obvious something happened that should'nt have..What exactly did reamains to be seen!
The golf club incident i find believable because Bellamy has been trouble wherever he has been,his attitude and arrogance are vile.
There has been reports of other players deliberately vandalising electrical equipment at the hotel.

Im annoyed that something has happened and feel our players may have let themselves down.

What im more annoyed with is the obvious delight that the News Of The World in sticking it on their front page!People on here should remember that although it calls itself the sister paper of the Sun...it is just in fact the Sun on Sunday and no less of a rag written by a bunch of imbred ratbag parasites!

Maybe the truth will come out tomorrow in a decent paper,not that we have many of them in Britain...it sickens me that most are happy to believe the worst and print unfounded gossip.
Something else that annoys me is the way they say...'Our source said' or a 'Reliable sources confirmed'..then they think they can print what they want because it is coming from a 3rd party so they cannot get done for Libel......Fuc.king smart :censored: C.unts.

Best way out of this situation is to go to Camp Nou on Wednesday night and hammer Barca and show the world exactly what LFC are alll about....Kind of ironic that the same SCUM that are happy to shi.t all over us on their front page will be equally as happy to wa.nk over us on the back if we do!

Ok so you want reliable sources, in Norway the papers are quoting Riises Mum and also the manager of the national team who has spoken to Riise and says that he is really shook up but physically fine, seems Bellamy is as :censored: at using a golf club as he is at finding the back of the net, get rid of him I say, I doubt we'll ever see him pull on the Liverpool colours again and quite frankly it won't be any loss, might as well get rid of pennant at the same time, plus much as I adore Robbie, it is time to send him packing as well and the less said about that clown Dudek the better. All in all they were all players who were leaving anyway, this will just speed things along, plus they won't have to pay their wages for a while!!

On the positive side I watched the Barcelona match tonight and they were shocking, I just pray the lads can get the team spirit back before Wednesday as I reckon we could get a few goals over there.
heimdall

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:37 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:After reading Benitez statement its obvious something happened that should'nt have..What exactly did reamains to be seen!

Well said!!

BarryBelfast this is totally right. After tonights result we have not a better time to play Barca. We should go out there and a result is not out of the question. Lets ram these stories back down there  necks.!! :bowdown
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:59 pm

so the norway manager reads the papers, calles riise and asks if he is ok, riise says he is fine and has no injury.but heimdall with have us all think he ha sbroken legs because its bellamy involved.

i get the feeling with you that if it was gerrard alleged to have done the attacking you would have a very different outlook.
112-1077774096

Postby Micky6Cups » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:01 am

hi all, im gonna say hi for one night, and one night only :)

Personally, I think training camps are bad news. You take all that testosterone away for a prolonged unplanned period and boys will be boys, and its unacceptable. lads like Pennant and Bellamy are no strangers to trouble and need to be kept on a tight leash

This is all subjective as im a big believer in innocent until proven otherwise, however, if Bellamy is guilty of anything approaching this report he should be shown the door. This club doesn't need him and Liverpool FC dont need to be answering questions on those not fit to wear the shirt. I said somewhere else tonight- anyone who prompts Alan Shearer to furnish them with a death threat of sorts is obviously a messer.

That said, i hate poor journalism. It's an insult to the great potential of humanity.

On the drunkenness.... id be disappointed in robbie and jerzy however much I understand that it's hard to remain professional when ur hardly getting to kick a ball for the club you love.

What disappoints me is that the media will (if given the license) try to hijack our plans this week. My view would be that LFC give NO comment until Thursday morning- but the flipside to this is that we get a media circus at training tomorrow... tough call
Micky6Cups

Postby destro » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:15 am

What i want to know if its true is.... how can JAR be "attacked" with a golf club and not be injured ? 1) IT DIDNT HAPPEN. 2) It was a little kiddies pitch "n" put club. 3) Bellamy has a worse swing with a golf club than he does with either foot. 4) JAR was on the top bunk bed saw Bellamy coming and lifted the ladder so he couldnt reach. 5) JAR,s "5 MILLION POUND LEGS " are actually robotic ones like steve austins (not the c.rap wrestler  !!)  :p
destro

Postby Forever_Red » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:52 am

After reading Benitez statement its obvious something happened that should'nt have..What exactly did reamains to be seen!

Get in there Barry! lets sow these :censored: how its done and :censored: on them. The press can :censored: of with all their :censored: and we can show them what LFC is all about then they can praise us like they did :censored: all wrong!
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby Scott P » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:53 pm

well just been on the official website and had a look at the pictures of the squad training on sunday. Not to my surprise there is a few pictures of riise and bellamy on there own and together. If someone came at me with a golf club i wouldn't go near them for a while.
Scott P

Postby Marianne » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:56 pm

Rafa knew about Bellamy's reputation before he came to the club-he took the risk. What a stupid thing to do tho-wack a teammate with a golf club! Will he stay or will he go? A 80K fine is hardly a deterrent to a guy who earns that in 2 weeks!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:59 pm

1) IT DIDNT HAPPEN. 2) It was a little kiddies pitch "n" put club. 3) Bellamy has a worse swing with a golf club than he does with either foot. 4) JAR was on the top bunk bed saw Bellamy coming and lifted the ladder so he couldnt reach. 5) JAR,s "5 MILLION POUND LEGS " are actually robotic ones like steve austins (not the c.rap wrestler  !!)   

6) It was a very little club, like Everton :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion