Bellamy/riise fracas?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:00 pm

The more I read it and think about it the more it seems to be blown out of proportion.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:05 pm

Btw the reports don't make sense, how could Rafa be in two places at the same time?

In one report they claim that Rafa was away from the players and the other says that Rafa broke up the fight between Bellamy and Riise.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:22 pm

BBC

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will take disciplinary action and fine any player who breached club rules during their training camp in Portugal.

Benitez's warning follows newspaper allegations of a fracas between Craig Bellamy and John Arne Riise during the training trip to the Algarve.

According to the reports the incident followed a dispute during a night out in the resort of Vale do Lobo.

Liverpool play Barcelona in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Benitez said: "I've made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the pitch.

"The players worked extremely hard at last week's training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules during our stay in Portugal.

"Despite reports to the contrary, the spirit amongst the lads is very good with everyone looking forward to the game against Barcelona on Wednesday.

"We remain totally focused on what will be a very tough game against the defending European Champions."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:33 pm

just heard this on radio 5. i have not seen any papers but on the radio they said Riise got baterd by Bellamy with a golf club, all i can say that if this is true than i would not have Bellamy in my team no matter how good he is, he is not all there in the head if it is as bad as they are saying.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:00 pm

The Bellamy/Riise stuff is true apparently. The other stuff about Fowler, Dudek and Pennant was blown out of all proportion.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:22 pm

at the moment ive only read stuff in the sunday press which isnt the most reliable source for accurate news

hopefully the club will release a statement and put an end to all this speculation.

p.s just read a statement from Benitez on.tv which cleared everything up, not, speculate away.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:47 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:
heimdall wrote:I'm also starting to think that this is a bit blown out of all prportion, but something did happen, something is being covered up and it is not bloody good enough for a team like LFC.
I totally agree the players can have one or two beers but getting shitfaced is not professional for a top flight sportsman, It should never happen as it is bad for their performance.

Anyway lets hope this is all a load of :censored: but I weant to see Bellamy gone anyway, I'm now suspicious about that assualt charge he got cleared of! He is a thug and what's more not a particularly good footballer.

As for confirmation of these rumours, how about Riises Mum, wouldn't that be quite reliable?

You are a top class profesional Knobbbbb  jockyyyyy.

What proof do you have that Bellamy did that in Cardiff, Yeah we all know he is a hot head, but come on it doesn't mean he did this assault in Cardiff.

Same goes for this topic !! Just because we all know Craig Bellamy is a Hot Head, You Believe What these arsholes of the press publish.  Why can't top class sports players 6 days before a big match have more than a few beers we all like to relax let your hair down etc

So knobbb jockyyyy   just because you personally don't like Craig Bellamy, states he is a shittteee footballer and label him a thug even before the truth has been released. Keep your opinions to yourself.

Will you stoip calling people nob jockey ffs! :D

Considering the fuc.king bullsh.it rumours you have posted in the past from uncle Albert its a bit much to slabber at a guy for simply having an opinion!

And stop sticking up for Bellamy because he's a fellow LEEK eater !
66-1120597113

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:27 pm

Norway boss Age Hareide has revealed that John Arne Riise escaped uninjured from Liverpool's trip to Portugal.

The Reds' jaunt to the Algarve hogged the spotlight for all the wrong reasons on Sunday, as the trip made front page headlines following reports of a brawl at the club's training base.

It has been claimed that Riise came off worse following a brawl with team-mate Craig Bellamy.

Norway coach Hareide was concerned by the reports and contacted his fellow countryman, but was informed the defender had suffered no serious injuries.

"I got to talk to John Arne and things in general are not good, but in any case things are okay with John Arne," Hareide told VG.

"That is the most important thing. He escaped without injuries."

Starting to get worrying quotes that lend more credance to the stories.
account deleted by request

Postby fivecups » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:39 pm

s@int wrote:"I got to talk to John Arne and things in general are not good, but in any case things are okay with John Arne," Hareide told VG.

That's clears everything up then.  :Oo:
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:42 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
welsh wizzard wrote:
heimdall wrote:I'm also starting to think that this is a bit blown out of all prportion, but something did happen, something is being covered up and it is not bloody good enough for a team like LFC.
I totally agree the players can have one or two beers but getting shitfaced is not professional for a top flight sportsman, It should never happen as it is bad for their performance.

Anyway lets hope this is all a load of :censored: but I weant to see Bellamy gone anyway, I'm now suspicious about that assualt charge he got cleared of! He is a thug and what's more not a particularly good footballer.

As for confirmation of these rumours, how about Riises Mum, wouldn't that be quite reliable?

You are a top class profesional Knobbbbb  jockyyyyy.

What proof do you have that Bellamy did that in Cardiff, Yeah we all know he is a hot head, but come on it doesn't mean he did this assault in Cardiff.

Same goes for this topic !! Just because we all know Craig Bellamy is a Hot Head, You Believe What these arsholes of the press publish.  Why can't top class sports players 6 days before a big match have more than a few beers we all like to relax let your hair down etc

So knobbb jockyyyy   just because you personally don't like Craig Bellamy, states he is a shittteee footballer and label him a thug even before the truth has been released. Keep your opinions to yourself.

Will you stoip calling people nob jockey ffs! :D

Considering the fuc.king bullsh.it rumours you have posted in the past from uncle Albert its a bit much to slabber at a guy for simply having an opinion!

And stop sticking up for Bellamy because he's a fellow LEEK eater !

Yes but you call that having an opinion. Hanging the poor lad! a player of this club Liverpool you support. Whats happened to support the players, give them a chance innocent until proven guilty. Its all what if at the moment.

As for sticking up for Bellamy because he is a fellow leak eater you Knobbbbb Jockyyyyy, Yes i said it again Knobbb Jockyyy!! If you read earlier replies i stated there, I would support any of our players in this situation being Pennant Carra Sami etc so there you go. Its not about being "WELSH", Its about not believing all you here until proven otherwise.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:47 pm

Christ, Benitez's press statement is just hopeless. They may as well have just linked to the article on the NOTW website.

Not that this makes the NOTW article credible. I still stand by my earlier assertions that pretty much all of the quotes in the article are the creation of the "journalists" who wrote the article.

Until I hear from an actual named person close to the club or the hotel that Craig Bellamy broke down a hotel room door with the express intention of smashing Riise's legs with a golf club, I refuse to believe it.

There's a quote from The West Wing - "don't come to me with unnamed sources". Any newspaper that plasters a story on their front page with a huge banner headline, contains no attributed quotes, and nothing in the way of pictures to stand up the story...it's not fit to wipe your a*se on, let alone read.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:00 pm

OFFICIAL LIVERPOOL FC STATEMENT

Liverpool FC have today released the following statement from manager Rafael Benitez 
"I met this morning with the entire first team squad and made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the pitch.

"The players worked extremely hard at last week's training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules during our stay in Portugal. I've told the players this and they understand and accept the decision I have taken.

"Despite reports to the contrary, the spirit amongst the lads is very good with everyone looking forward to the game against Barcelona on Wednesday.

"We remain totally focussed on what will be a very tough game against the defending European Champions." 

LFC.TV

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 83-1171708240 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:06 pm

From the latest reports, it shows that there was indeed a confrontation between Bellamy and Riise and that some of the players consumed a little too much of a good thing, so it’s no surprise the media have made a tornado out of a gale force wind. Bellamy will be a  grave loss for the Barcelona match up.
83-1171708240

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:09 pm

Dudek and Fowler are unlikely to get new contracts anyway, Riise is not good enough to be our first choice left back and his place in the squad has been questioned by many.

Pennant has been a failure so far and will not be good enough to our first choice midfielder in a million years. Bellamy has improved our team but there are plenty more were he came from who can control themselves, and ultimately he isn’t a title winning striker.

If those five players left this summer we would have to buy a top quality striker to partner Kuyt (this would happen anyway), someone to replace Fowler (could possibly be either Pongolle or Le Tallec), someone to come in and compete to be our first choice right midfielder (would have happened anyway), someone to challenge Aurelio for the left back spot, and call Carson back to be back up to Reina.

If worse comes to worse and these 5 players have misbehaved, we can get shot of all 5 in the summer and we would hardly have to alter our transfer plans.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:17 pm

Wish we would have had a Cup game this weekend instead of going to Portugal this has really put a dampener on the Barca game.
And if something like this really fecks us up in Spain and we can tell its effected the players, then those involved should never play for us again.
This could possibly cost the club millions of pounds Gillett and Hicks wont be to pleased if it does happen.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion