Attacking option

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:02 am

:laugh:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:13 am

We shouldn't have let Kewell go :(  2 goals and 2 assists in 2 games for galatasaray wtf where was he all this time?
Last edited by Thewaykokid on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby flamingpoe » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:33 am

injured mainly and i was bein sarcastic about the fifa, although i like to see many people go on about champ manager, and i will agree with you mart, but he is now rated and can be made to look good with or with out youtube :P, he can be played both sides and in the attackin mid position, i watched him play for cruzeiro on goallisimo, and he did score 17 goals last season, considering wat you see in the vid, and hes 18 makes him a hidden gem
flamingpoe

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:21 am

Can barely contain my excitement on this one

Liverpool FC close in on Albert Riera
Aug 26 2008 by Ian Doyle, Daily Post

LIVERPOOL are edging closer to signing Espanyol winger Albert Riera despite Everton’s attempts to hijack the deal.

The Anfield outfit are ready to lodge an improved bid to sign the 26-year-old Spain international.

While Everton are thought to have met Espanyol’s asking price, Riera has set his heart on a move to their Merseyside neighbours.

However, that will only happen if Liverpool increase their bid of around £9m for a player Espanyol value nearer the £12m mark.

Benitez has tracked Riera all summer and has now turned to the former Mallorca and Bordeaux man in an effort to solve Liverpool’s problem left midfield area.

Aston Villa’s £18m valuation ultimately scuppered a move for Gareth Barry while Middlesbrough have slapped a similarly prohibitive price tag on Stewart Downing.

Riera spent six months on loan at Manchester City in 2006 but the Premier League club failed to agree a fee with Espanyol over a permanent transfer.

Espanyol president Daniel Sanchez Llibre yesterday admitted Riera is on the brink of a move to England, but reiterated his club’s determination to receive top dollar.

“We have received two interesting offers, both of which are from English clubs,” said Llibre. “What we always do is defend our interests. We won’t sell any player if the bid is not the amount we have asked for.

“If they want Albert Riera, they'll have to pay what Espanyol is asking.”

And Espanyol sporting director Paco Herrara, a former member of Benitez’s backroom staff at Liverpool, was even more specific.

He said: “There is a team which is offering what we have asked and another one which isn’t, but the player is interested in the one which is offering the least.

“We will not lower our asking price.”

Meanwhile, Robbie Keane is confident Liverpool can soon click into gear following a spluttering start to the campaign.

Despite winning their first two Premier League games, Benitez’s side have been worryingly below par after earlier being fortunate to escape with a goalless draw from their Champions League game at Standard Liege.

Liverpool entertain the Belgians in tomorrow’s second leg and Keane reckons results are what count at the moment.

“We know we haven't been playing unbelievably well in our first two games but as long as you're winning games that's what really matters and I'm sure the flowing football will follow,” said the Ireland star.

“It's important that you get off to a good start in the Premiership because it is such a competitive league and we've managed to do that.

“You have to remember we've only played the first two games of the season and what you have to do at this stage is get points on the board. I'm sure the good football will follow.”
:(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:52 am

me too scott.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:57 am

Lets hope some well respected posters get made to eat humble pie by this lad.
Never have i seen so much negativity regarding a possible signing as with him.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1982 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:03 pm

says in the Echo we've reached an agreement to sign Riera for a fee in excess of £8m
LFC1982

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:25 pm

It's blindingly obvious that we're severely in need of some width. What bemuses me is that we've got the best right-sided forward in the world (bar arguably Ronaldo and Messi) and yet we're not using him there.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RedBen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:11 pm

stmichael wrote:It's blindingly obvious that we're severely in need of some width. What bemuses me is that we've got the best right-sided forward in the world (bar arguably Ronaldo and Messi) and yet we're not using him there.

What do you mean? Kuyt plays there all the time

:D
Last edited by RedBen on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:21 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool win battle with Everton to sign £10m Spanish winger Riera

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 12:36 PM on 26th August 2008

Comments (0)  Add to My Stories

Return to England: Riera (right) celebrates with Giorgios Samaras during his loan spell at Manchester City
Liverpool have agreed a fee with Espanyol to sign Albert Riera for £10m.

The 26-year-old left winger had also been coveted by Everton but will instead join their Merseyside rivals in the next 48 hours for an initial £7m.

More...
Benitez vows that Liverpool will produce the form of Champions
Who are your team chasing? Sportsmail guide to Premier League shopping
CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE LIVERPOOL NEWS FROM ACROSS THE WEB
It's STILL not too late to play MailOnline's Fantasy Football game, to enter click here

Rafa Benitez had been keen to strengthen his left flank, with Dutchman Ryan Babel keen to play in a more central role.

The move for Riera, who made 16 appearances during a loan spell at Manchester City in 2006, is likely to end Liverpool's pursuit of Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing and Porto star Ricardo Quaresma.

It may also draw a line under their bitter attempts to sign Gareth Barry from Aston Villa.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:23 pm

Anyone got anything good to say about this guy? Sabes? Will see what i can find out from my Man.City supporting mate.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DLS » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:34 pm

well get in there we're linked with another overpriced joke to fill in our lack of width. If we're going after former Man City wingers I'd prefer Georgi Kinkladze, Steve McManaman or Nicky Sumberbee before Albert Rierra who is a complete and utter joke.
DLS

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:05 pm

Surely SWP or Lennon would be a better bet than this lad Riera?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:06 pm

Scottbot wrote:Surely SWP or Lennon would be a better bet than this lad Riera?

None of them are good enough.

Riera plays left side too.

More :censored: poor management frmo the best manager ever... :censored: joke.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:22 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
Scottbot wrote:Surely SWP or Lennon would be a better bet than this lad Riera?

None of them are good enough.

Riera plays left side too.

More :censored: poor management frmo the best manager ever... :censored: joke.

He seemed mad to join the club, maybe he has been holding back his class this whole time just to keep his price tag down so that he would turn into one of the best bargain buys in club history  :D
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion