Attacking, some further thoughts - Yes, another new thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:05 pm

oh and i thought stu was leaving due to cr@p people and him getting warned or yellow carded?
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby gato_busta » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:38 pm

And to think that almost 1/3 of all of the teams yellow cards and half of the red cards (yes I know only 2 red cards) come from Sissoko :D . Great player but he should really choose when to tackle.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:02 pm

the most apt fact is we only score 1 goal every 9 chances made.......which in the premiership is pretty shíte.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:22 am

the corners tonight were particularly poor, we had 13 and i cant remember one chance any of them created, the worst thing was that a lot of them hit the first man.
columbia

Postby Poolinc. » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:56 am

I was only thinking tonight as well, as to how few corners we actually get a goal from! Our ratio must be very low, even though we got some big men waiting in the box for them! I bet we concede a lot more from corners, than we score. Why is this?
Poolinc.

Postby el_stinger » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:01 am

Might get laughed at here, Henry will leave if Arsenal don't get to the qualification rounds of the Champions League. Barca have shown tremendous interest in signing him. Prolific goal scorer/sneak and his game is at its peak.

Should we make a move for him? Given that Cisse, Mori and perhaps Fowler (hope not) will leave in the summer, this will free up some $$, I don't know, might be talking out of my ar$e. What do you guys think?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Small John » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:24 am

Proof: worst game/ goal ratio for FIFTEEN years.

games 26, goals 32.. thats around..1.23 goals per game.

That is so poor its untrue.

even gerrard houlliers treble season was sometin like 1.87 goal per game.

Anyone still think we don't have striker worries?

Trouble is, all our defensive work is going to wast man, on thes strikers like cisse who cant score down at stringfellows when the sex is free bro.

:Oo:
Small John

Postby el_stinger » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:19 am

Small John wrote:Anyone still think we don't have striker worries?

you just climbed out from under that rock? no one's denying it... check yourself!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:31 am

el_stinger wrote:Might get laughed at here, Henry will leave if Arsenal don't get to the qualification rounds of the Champions League. Barca have shown tremendous interest in signing him. Prolific goal scorer/sneak and his game is at its peak.

Should we make a move for him? Given that Cisse, Mori and perhaps Fowler (hope not) will leave in the summer, this will free up some $$, I don't know, might be talking out of my ar$e. What do you guys think?

fowler and mori won't free up that much cash, certainly not on transfer fee's and wage's would be minimal.

Cisse's transfer value must have plummeted by now. another reason to keep playing him, pray he gets a few goals and we can get a decent transfer fee for him in the summer.

Can't see Henry going to another premiership side, i just don't think he would do that to Arsenal. Besides what would he cost? 20+ ? I have no idea, but it won't be cheap.

I saw an article in the paper regarding Eto, sounds like Chelsea have prepared another blank cheque. If this happens and Arsenal don't CL next season, I am sure no-one would be able to compete with Barca's bid for Henry.

But if you wanna dream..... we would be unstoppable with him.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:58 am

Cisse's transfer value must have plummeted by now. another reason to keep playing him, pray he gets a few goals and we can get a decent transfer fee for him in the summer.

Brother, if he can score GOALS why must we sell him ?

On my planet (Earth) , we will keep strikers that can scores GOALS ( CISSE ) and sell the ones that NOT scoring ( MORI ).

Are you from Planet MARS ??
LiverpoolMadman

Postby el_stinger » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:17 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

On my planet (Earth) , we will keep strikers that can scores GOALS ( CISSE ) and sell the ones that NOT scoring ( MORI ).

He can't score goals, that's why he's not in the side  :idea

Are you Djibril in disguise? I've never seen so much passion for defending Cissy.  :D  Give it up already.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:18 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Righto madman,

lets get this straight.

1) none of our strikers are doing the job at the moment (with the exception of fowler - to early to tell yet)

2) all of the strikers have been given the oppurtunity to prove themselves (long run in the first team), with the exception of Mori and Pongo (not counting RF)

3) Cisse has not scored that many goals. see the thread where his goals are broken down game by game. posted by Stu

4) All the strikers with the exception of cisse offer other things when they don't score. when cisse doesn't score, its like playing with 10 men.

5) of all our strikers, cisse value's is the highest due to some clever (crafty) transfers. Therefore if we intend to sell him soon we must make sure his value does not drop furhter.

6) cisse attitude is bad. his attitude and general team play is bad, even when he scores goals. the only way i see him contributing is when his pace is used on the wing.

7) his technique - Ask Stu

I disagree that he can score goals and i pity the team that he transfers too, unless of course he goes for under 5 million, then they robbed us. lol

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:21 am

babu wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Righto madman,

lets get this straight.

1) none of our strikers are doing the job at the moment (with the exception of fowler - to early to tell yet)

2) all of the strikers have been given the oppurtunity to prove themselves (long run in the first team), with the exception of Mori and Pongo (not counting RF)

3) Cisse has not scored that many goals. see the thread where his goals are broken down game by game. posted by Stu

4) All the strikers with the exception of cisse offer other things when they don't score. when cisse doesn't score, its like playing with 10 men.

5) of all our strikers, cisse value's is the highest due to some clever (crafty) transfers. Therefore if we intend to sell him soon we must make sure his value does not drop furhter.

6) cisse attitude is bad. his attitude and general team play is bad, even when he scores goals. the only way i see him contributing is when his pace is used on the wing.

7) his technique - Ask Stu

I disagree that he can score goals and i pity the team that he transfers too, unless of course he goes for under 5 million, then they robbed us. lol

Agree.  :)
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bbw » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:58 pm

Small John wrote:Proof: worst game/ goal ratio for FIFTEEN years.

games 26, goals 32.. thats around..1.23 goals per game.

That is so poor its untrue.

even gerrard houlliers treble season was sometin like 1.87 goal per game.

Anyone still think we don't have striker worries?

Trouble is, all our defensive work is going to wast man, on thes strikers like cisse who cant score down at stringfellows when the sex is free bro.

:Oo:

What is important is that we won. There are lies, damn lies and statistics. Look at the goal ratio if you want, but we won.

The only benchmark we should be looking at with regards to the Prem is last year's position. If we beat that, then we are improving. Last year's position? Fifth. Then we must beat that.

I know us fans are purists and know our football. But I repeat, the benchmark, wrt to Prem. is last year's position. No other statistic is meaningful.
bbw

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion