Attacking option

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mart » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:59 pm

Well we are not that bad off though we could use a real winger.
If Babel can step up this year (he certainly has the talent) and be more than a supersub i think he could form a good partnership with Dossena on the left. Then if we can get over the "Gerrard in the middle" syndrome and push him out right we got Torres, Keane, babel and Gerrard up top and all of those can score goals. The main problem is that both gerrard and babel tends to drift towards the center but then we got Dossena to come running up to provide a good cross.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:31 am

Babel can not come back quick enough for me to offer some pace and power down at least one of the flanks. Neither Yossi or Kuyt fill me with any confidence whatsoever. The fact that Pennant can't even get on the bench with our lack of options in wide areas at the moment is a digrace.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby flamingpoe » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:37 pm

pennant was,is and always will be rubish, kuyt is the same, and so are many of our mediocre wingers, we need just one good winger.......just 1, mayb 2 and for a start yes we could buy not just 1 but 2 good wingers for 20mil, joaquin...hes worth 9.5mil and vicente is worth 11so thats 2 world class wingers, both 29 but still some of the best wingers out there, nedved is supposedly only worth 8.7mil according to juve, riquelme can play on the left or right or as attacking mid and he went to river plate i think it was for 9mil last season, simao has been rated as being 12mil, quaresma is desperate to leave.....price tag you ask hmmmm its only 12.5mil, and last but not least the player we where gonna buy is rafinha, schalke were gonna let him leave on 10.5 mil move, but NOOOOO..... so you ask yourselves why we cant afford not to sign not 1 world class winger but 2, but no matter how much i moan we will still always be signing these terrible second rate wingers watching manure and chelsea win everything and then say who has won more cups?, probably them cause they aint got 1 not 2 not 3 but usually 2 good first team wingers and 2 second team winger better than our first team wingers!!!! ARRRRRR peace and love to all liverpool supporters!
flamingpoe

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:29 pm

flamingpoe wrote:pennant was,is and always will be rubish, kuyt is the same, and so are many of our mediocre wingers, we need just one good winger.......just 1, mayb 2 and for a start yes we could buy not just 1 but 2 good wingers for 20mil, joaquin...hes worth 9.5mil and vicente is worth 11so thats 2 world class wingers, both 29 but still some of the best wingers out there, nedved is supposedly only worth 8.7mil according to juve, riquelme can play on the left or right or as attacking mid and he went to river plate i think it was for 9mil last season, simao has been rated as being 12mil, quaresma is desperate to leave.....price tag you ask hmmmm its only 12.5mil, and last but not least the player we where gonna buy is rafinha, schalke were gonna let him leave on 10.5 mil move, but NOOOOO..... so you ask yourselves why we cant afford not to sign not 1 world class winger but 2, but no matter how much i moan we will still always be signing these terrible second rate wingers watching manure and chelsea win everything and then say who has won more cups?, probably them cause they aint got 1 not 2 not 3 but usually 2 good first team wingers and 2 second team winger better than our first team wingers!!!! ARRRRRR peace and love to all liverpool supporters!

Vicente - spent the last couple of years getting close to the medical staff - as bad as kewell
Joaquin - spent force , didnt fulfill any potential he had
riquelme is a centre player not wide
simao only went to a madrid for around 18 mil euros begining of last season so would cost around 18 mil plus
quaresma is a show pony and is good once in 10 games
nedved is about 35?36? now
rafinha would be a risky signing

would rather get money to buy schwienstieger or silva
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:32 pm

schweinstieger i admire alot but is no good for the english prem his style of play doesn't suit, silva is the one i wud have out of the two, joaquin is a good player no matter what you say riquelme if you had noticed has been employed on the left when messi isn't playing for argentina.......nedved is 33 and still performing to a better standard than any of our "young" talent, and simao is worth 12 seeing as 18mil euros works out that much.......and quaresma again is better than out current options so stop bitch**g, and as for rafinha, yes he would be risky, but all big managers have to jump in, otherwise they wud end up with mediocre players!, surprise surprise you ever wanna be the manager of my favourite club in the world, rafa no2 no wonder your a basic member
flamingpoe

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:40 pm

Gotta say that, if given the choice, I'd sign Schweinsteiger over Silva.  Silva is skillful but I fear that he's too lightweight for England.  The German, on the other hand, is a big powerful lad, a strong runner and a decent goal threat.  I think he'd suit English football down to the ground. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Gotta say that, if given the choice, I'd sign Schweinsteiger over Silva.  Silva is skillful but I fear that he's too lightweight for England.  The German, on the other hand, is a big powerful lad, a strong runner and a decent goal threat.  I think he'd suit English football down to the ground. :nod

I'd like to see him here too, though I did look him up over the summer and noticed he scored 1 goal in 46 games for Bayern (all comps) last season... so he's got as much goal threat as Pennant...
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:53 pm

fair enuf bad bob, i think though the probs with schwein is that because he is big and a strong runner, they know exactly wat to do with him, bog him down, hes not skillful, hes not extremely quick and his crossing for me is a bit hit and miss, but wat you say is deffo true, but we have the strong and take your time on the edge of the box type of wingers all the time, and that is why i think that he will struggle compared to silva, ronaldo, nani, bentley (dont like him lol) and joe cole and all the others that make our defenders have problems all the time
flamingpoe

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:30 pm

flamingpoe wrote:schweinstieger i admire alot but is no good for the english prem his style of play doesn't suit, silva is the one i wud have out of the two, joaquin is a good player no matter what you say riquelme if you had noticed has been employed on the left when messi isn't playing for argentina.......nedved is 33 and still performing to a better standard than any of our "young" talent, and simao is worth 12 seeing as 18mil euros works out that much.......and quaresma again is better than out current options so stop bitch**g, and as for rafinha, yes he would be risky, but all big managers have to jump in, otherwise they wud end up with mediocre players!, surprise surprise you ever wanna be the manager of my favourite club in the world, rafa no2 no wonder your a basic member

how old is riquelme now then ? your seriously suggest nedved at 33 would adapt in time ? joaquin when he went to valencia has bombed big style - quasrema has shown nothing against any top class opposition - simao has only been at madrid one season and would cost over 20 mil now . and rafinha is a right back who whenever i have seen him doesnt look that good . schwienstigger would be peefect for the prem - big strong quick and creates - silva would be a bit more dodgy . you got to jump in on the right players ie torres , masher etc not just the names that look good on Football Manager hence your list of names

basic memeber ?? wtf you bleating on about ?
Last edited by GYBS on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:31 pm

flamingpoe wrote:fair enuf bad bob, i think though the probs with schwein is that because he is big and a strong runner, they know exactly wat to do with him, bog him down, hes not skillful, hes not extremely quick and his crossing for me is a bit hit and miss, but wat you say is deffo true, but we have the strong and take your time on the edge of the box type of wingers all the time, and that is why i think that he will struggle compared to silva, ronaldo, nani, bentley (dont like him lol) and joe cole and all the others that make our defenders have problems all the time

It's really a moot point anyway, mate, because I just don't see us signing either of these guys! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby burjennio » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:04 pm

GYBS Posted on Aug. 18 2008,17:30
Quote (flamingpoe @ Aug. 18 2008,16:32)
schweinstieger i admire alot but is no good for the english prem his style of play doesn't suit, silva is the one i wud have out of the two, joaquin is a good player no matter what you say riquelme if you had noticed has been employed on the left when messi isn't playing for argentina.......nedved is 33 and still performing to a better standard than any of our "young" talent, and simao is worth 12 seeing as 18mil euros works out that much.......and quaresma again is better than out current options so stop bitch**g, and as for rafinha, yes he would be risky, but all big managers have to jump in, otherwise they wud end up with mediocre players!, surprise surprise you ever wanna be the manager of my favourite club in the world, rafa no2 no wonder your a basic member

how old is riquelme now then ? your seriously suggest nedved at 33 would adapt in time ? joaquin when he went to valencia has bombed big style - quasrema has shown nothing against any top class opposition - simao has only been at madrid one season and would cost over 20 mil now . and rafinha is a right back who whenever i have seen him doesnt look that good . schwienstigger would be peefect for the prem - big strong quick and creates - silva would be a bit more dodgy . you got to jump in on the right players ie torres , masher etc not just the names that look good on Football Manager hence your list of names

Totally owned on the footy manager comment  :D  I was just waiting for "Rafael Van Der Varrt is the answer to the left side problem" to call him on it myself. BTW if you can show me a video of Riquelme playing on the left side EVER for Argentina iI'll give you the money myself. Also the apparent transfer values you gave in an earlier bost are total bull5hit. Porto demanded £22m for Quaresma last season from LIVERPOOL and at the start of the current window said he could leave for £30m. And Nedved  :laugh: im not even going to dignify that with a response
burjennio

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:25 am

burjennio wrote:
GYBS Posted on Aug. 18 2008,17:30
Quote (flamingpoe @ Aug. 18 2008,16:32)

Totally owned on the footy manager comment  :D  I was just waiting for "Rafael Van Der Varrt is the answer to the left side problem" to call him on it myself. BTW if you can show me a video of Riquelme playing on the left side EVER for Argentina iI'll give you the money myself. Also the apparent transfer values you gave in an earlier bost are total bull5hit. Porto demanded £22m for Quaresma last season from LIVERPOOL and at the start of the current window said he could leave for £30m. And Nedved  :laugh: im not even going to dignify that with a response

Handbags at ten paces gentlemen ?  :D

Nedved though...sheesh ! The expression "Armadillos !" comes to mind  :rasp
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Rockthekop » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:05 am

We need a right winger/attacking player more than we need a left sided player IMO. 

Babel can play on the left but Kuyt offers no threat with his lack of pace or ability to beat a man.

Shaun Wright-Phillips would be an excellent buy and probably available for 10M - 15M.
Rockthekop

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:27 am

Rockthekop wrote:We need a right winger/attacking player more than we need a left sided player IMO. 

Babel can play on the left but Kuyt offers no threat with his lack of pace or ability to beat a man.

Shaun Wright-Phillips would be an excellent buy and probably available for 10M - 15M.

i have to say i did like the thought of having swp in are team a few years ago but he went to chavski instead

i would still like to see him given a go but i don't think they would let him come to us, same as joe cole i think he would be a great player to have but there is no way we would get him

i have said before i would like to see babal on the right so that he can use his stronger foot to cross the ball, i would like to see a left side winger come in, all we can do is cross everything and hope rafa gets one
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:07 pm

The realistic options for us are the following:

Barry - My first choice, would be a brilliant addition, looks great for villa last season and so far this season, if Rafa wants him just get him no questions asked (thats the sort of respect Ferguson gets at Manure!)

Riera - We seemed to be linked with him again, awful for Man City in my view, and cant see him being a whole lot better for us! If we do sign him its another case of Rafa wanting a coffee table and getting a lamp or whatever way he described it! Reminds me of us missin out on Alves and gettin Arbeloa!

Downing - a really good prospect, I think we could get him and would be my 2nd choice behind Barry, hes young and very talented, is in the england squad a lot and is suited to the premier league!

Palacios - I dont see what all the fuss is about with this guy, hes good in patches then goes hiding for 3/4 games, wouldnt want him at the club!

At the moment there are no other realistic targets that were after unless Rafa comes up with someone we have never heard of, which will be an obvious 2nd or 3rd choice of his!!

Yanks just give Rafa the cash for Barry!!!!   

:cool:
ICE-MAN

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion