Attacking option

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:28 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
Scottbot wrote:Surely SWP or Lennon would be a better bet than this lad Riera?

None of them are good enough.

Riera plays left side too.

More :censored: poor management frmo the best manager ever... :censored: joke.

Not saying they are mate but both look a better prospect than this guy. We're just as screwed on the right (assuming Gerrard stays central) as we are on the left so it makes not odds really.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:51 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Scottbot wrote:Surely SWP or Lennon would be a better bet than this lad Riera?

None of them are good enough.

Riera plays left side too.

More :censored: poor management frmo the best manager ever... :censored: joke.

Not saying they are mate but both look a better prospect than this guy. We're just as screwed on the right (assuming Gerrard stays central) as we are on the left so it makes not odds really.

I'd rather stick with the :censored: we have than buy more :censored: and waste money. Save the money and buy someone decent next season for :censored: sake. I'd rather struggle this season knowing we were signing someone class next sesaon.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby DLS » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:53 pm

Well what class are we getting season?

Ashley Young?
Silva?
that German ponse, Schiewstieger or however it's spelt?
Lennon?
Wright-Phillips?
Downing?

Young and Silva are the only ones who we should even look at and then Young is going to cost us an arm and a leg. Silva clearly isn't interested in playing in this country. So what class will we get next year?

In answer to my own question, our class lies on loan to Notts Forest and Blackpool. Paul Anderson and Adam Hammill respectively. Both can play either wing, have pace, raw talent and know how to cross a ball. Everything you need from a winger.
DLS

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:15 pm

K :no
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Simari » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:21 pm

If he's playing left - who's going to fill the real gap on the right?

Slightly bemused since right side is our weak spot, unless Stevie moves there and Alonso returns to his form of yesteryear.

I cannot make my mind up on Kuyt. He did well in the home stretch last year on the right, but we will never break into an attack from there, since well - almost anyone in the EPL will catch up with him, once he starts sprinting ! Now that wouldn't be so bad, if he could create something magical every now and then - but even that is unlikely.

He makes up for it by helping on defense, but that leaves us a man short on attack more often than not.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby DLS » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:07 am

Fo Dne wrote:I'd rather stick with the :censored: we have than buy more :censored: and waste money. Save the money and buy someone decent next season for :censored: sake. I'd rather struggle this season knowing we were signing someone class next sesaon.

Rather than moaning at everybody else's suggestion, including Rafa's, how about you explain who YOU'D wish to see us sign and why. Obviously if you want them they'd have to be good enough. Who do you want us to sign to sort out the wide problem?
DLS

Postby club_Levis » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:13 am

DLS wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:I'd rather stick with the :censored: we have than buy more :censored: and waste money. Save the money and buy someone decent next season for :censored: sake. I'd rather struggle this season knowing we were signing someone class next sesaon.

Rather than moaning at everybody else's suggestion, including Rafa's, how about you explain who YOU'D wish to see us sign and why. Obviously if you want them they'd have to be good enough. Who do you want us to sign to sort out the wide problem?

Quaresma or Mancini...and we let them all go to Inter!!!!
club_Levis

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:34 am

club_Levis wrote:
DLS wrote:

arshavin.
deco.
bentley.
joe cole.

and honestly for the left flank i would have taken silvestre.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:41 am

The sooner we move back to the 4-2-3-1 formation the better . both kuyt and babel arent left and right mids in a 4-4-2 and never will be . they both play well in a more advanced wider position . the left by far is the most weaker position , for the right as much as people hate it kuyt does a very good job there (but not in a right mid in a 4-4-2)
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:48 am

club_Levis wrote:
DLS wrote:

thank god for that - both a pair of show ponys who play ok once every ten games - lots of quick feet with no end product .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DLS » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:18 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
club_Levis wrote:
DLS wrote:

arshavin.
deco.
bentley.
joe cole.

You'd have taken a left back to play on our left wing? Christ we are in trouble.

Deco to play on the wing? That's like putting Xabi Alonso on the wing.

Joe Cole? Overrated piece of :censored:. Tries a hundred tricks a game, one comes off and we're told he's a genius...not for me.

Bentley, would have been a great option for us. Don't know why we we're interested.

Arshavin? Not good enough to adapt to the Premiership...FACT.
DLS

Postby Ben1988 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:00 pm

since when did opinions become facts? i missed that one.
Ben1988

Postby lakes10 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:05 pm

shaun wright philips is up for grabs, he say he is not looking to go to man city or blushit.

he would do well in our team
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:00 pm

DLS wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
club_Levis wrote:
DLS wrote:

arshavin.
deco.
bentley.
joe cole.

You'd have taken a left back to play on our left wing? Christ we are in trouble.

Deco to play on the wing? That's like putting Xabi Alonso on the wing.

Joe Cole? Overrated piece of :censored:. Tries a hundred tricks a game, one comes off and we're told he's a genius...not for me.

Bentley, would have been a great option for us. Don't know why we we're interested.

Arshavin? Not good enough to adapt to the Premiership...FACT.

have you seen arshavin play in the EPL? where does ur facts come from?
joe cole overrated? you're crazy.
you claim bentley is a good option. and your next sentance is ''Don't know why we we're interested.''
and i meant silvestre for left side of def. not attack.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby DLS » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:11 am

Ben1988 wrote:since when did opinions become facts? i missed that one.

what I say is fact. I'm never wrong, trust me.
DLS

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion