Attacking option

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:10 pm

Is Babel back for the weekend?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:33 pm

I see the Livvy Echo has us apparently ready to move on Riera again. Marvelous......This guy is the only attacking i've ever seen who can't be made to look good by a YouTube highlights package. If the Barry deal isn't going I'd rather (can't quite believe i'm saying this) we went out and bought Downing from Boro.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Scottbot wrote:I see the Livvy Echo has us apparently ready to move on Riera again. Marvelous......This guy is the only attacking i've ever seen who can't be made to look good by a YouTube highlights package. If the Barry deal isn't going I'd rather (can't quite believe i'm saying this) we went out and bought Downing from Boro.

i was watching downing play on mot sat night and i thought he did well although not the world class name we so wish for i think he would be top of the list for what we can expect and would be a LOT better then what we have no!! as in nothing ( i'm only saying that as i would like to push babal on the right hand side ) sorry but benni and kuyt are just not good enough

i can't say i know much about riera but i have not heard a single good word for the player so i'm guessing he isn't the player we want or need
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:53 pm

Downing would be a big improvement on what we have, as hes a natural wide player and get actually get to the byline and get crosses in plus hes still only young! We should be able to get him for £10-12m which is nice bit of business!

Kuyt is not a wide player, get Babel onto the right!!!
ICE-MAN

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Kuyt is only effective in a front three on the right like he was end of last season and for holland . he isnt a right mid in a 442.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:07 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:Downing would be a big improvement on what we have, as hes a natural wide player and get actually get to the byline and get crosses in plus hes still only young! We should be able to get him for £10-12m which is nice bit of business!

Crosses for who though ? We dont really play with people getting on the end of crosses anyway.

Having said that i dont mind Downing tbh, he would improve us but would rather have Barry any day of the week (if there was any slim possibility of still getting him).

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vass-liverpool » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:27 pm

GYBS wrote:Well last nights game highlighted one thing for me and something i have been discussing with various people over the summer - We still lack someone with the ability to play in a wider area who can create something for us and help unlock defences . babel coming back will strengthen us more but will still need a arshavin or a silva type player and not spend 18 bloody mil on barry another dm .

my friend i agree with you. we do need someone who could help us with the wings. it is really missing from the team this kind of player. but the kind of play that rafa is using is something different. to do that we not only need another player but also to change our whole game plan. also keane showed last saturday with sunderland that he brought something that was missing from the team. the first touch. he did it only a couple of times but he showed that he will help us i believe a lot this year. imagine masherano in the team and gerrard attacking more often and helping torres and keane.
i'm more afraid from my own mistakes than from my enemies designs...
vass-liverpool

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:47 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
ICE-MAN wrote:Downing would be a big improvement on what we have, as hes a natural wide player and get actually get to the byline and get crosses in plus hes still only young! We should be able to get him for £10-12m which is nice bit of business!

Crosses for who though ? We dont really play with people getting on the end of crosses anyway.

Having said that i dont mind Downing tbh, he would improve us but would rather have Barry any day of the week (if there was any slim possibility of still getting him).

Yes ! Downing is better player last weekend and James Milner
also did well.

Well Rafa mention that he wants English player but he only mention GB . I don't think he will get him, but now there's news that he might buy Riera ( from don't where ?!)...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:09 pm

Albert Riera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6EOyiuTr8Y

Doesn't really do much for me. Stick with Downing or shell a bit more for the very underated Gamst Pedersen
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:56 pm

Downing over Riera any day of the week!

Rafa keeps saying he needs more british players, and Downing is young also so the Yanks shouldnt mind shelling out the cash for him (and when i say shelling out the cash I mean getting a bank loan to pay for him!!!!!)
ICE-MAN

Postby RedBlood » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:20 pm

downing is a good player with an excellent left foot, something we are lacking out wide, i reckon hes the type of player who would be an england regular if he played for a top club and he would give us great balance, and if its true we need so many british players in our squad then i cant think of a better left winger

we have spent about 10million net this season so surely another 10 12 million is not out of the question for one of the best football clubs in the world??
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby flamingpoe » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:21 pm

downing over riera but i agree with scottbot and think gamst is better than both of them but for the sake of a decent amount of money 20mil you could get a good player, better than the over priced barry, better than riera?!!, and better than downing, jesus not being funny but zenit want 18mil for arshavin, we should take em up before spurs end up making the three best signings of the season in my eyes, modric is great and dos santos may take a while to settle in but once he gets used to it he will be a dynamo!
flamingpoe

Postby flamingpoe » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:15 pm

and also not to mention there is hundreds of little talented wingers out there that we could get for less than 20mil easilyi know i shouldn't use youtube so much but where else am i supposed to get em?
kerlon i buy him everytime since fifa 05 for my wing and he stays as my first team for atleast 3 or 4 seasons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Yj7GoXPZw
lulinha come 1-2 years and this kid isn't going to be the next ronaldinho, hes gonna be better in my eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBNhAgvvws8
ivan rakitic a unknown that will soon be a known trust me on this 1!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT2L_NC0vik&feature=related
flamingpoe

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Shaun Wright-Phillips is a quality player and for possibly up for grabs for £10M.  He's English, quick, skilful, can beat a man..he would be a great buy!
Rockthekop

Postby mart » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:16 pm

flamingpoe wrote:kerlon i buy him everytime since fifa 05 for my wing and he stays as my first team for atleast 3 or 4 seasons

Yes because we all know how fifa and football manager etc is exactly like real life.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion