Riise - Attacking mid?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby egyptian liverpoolian » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:07 am

riise is a good player in shoot and and over cross he can carry the attack from left winger he is agood player but we need more from riise and need more player play in that place
my real name is mostafa
i am muslim, arab , egyptian
and i adore liverpool
egyptian liverpoolian

Postby Owzat » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:00 pm

I like him left midfield with his runs and rasping shots. He's ok defensively but you feel he's only asked to play left-back because so many have been tried there and failed. I'd be fascinated if someone had the stats, or the time to do them, of results with him at LM and at LB.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:08 pm

He has all the attributes of a good attacking fullback which works well at anfield but when we go on the road its where he begins to struggle because defensively he's not on a par with the rest of the backline. When he is encouraged to get past the lm is where he excels and can put that left foot to good use crossing from deep or unleashing a piledriver. I also thought the best he looked last season was when he and Arellio played together ( Chelsea at home springs to mind) as they seemed to compliment each others game
burjennio

Postby grayghost » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:00 pm

Ther were reports that Rafa wanted rid but if so who would he bring in      Henize maybe.
grayghost

Postby burjennio » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:09 pm

havnt heard any reports of rafa wanting rid of him, in fact the 1st thing i remember him doing when he took over in 2004 was restoring riise to the first team, after GH had left him on the bench the season before (opting for Djimi and Igor across the back that year :idea)
burjennio

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion