ARSENAL V. LIVERPOOL - Wed. April 2nd - Champions League Quarter Finals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:44 am

Made up with the result and yeah we got a bit of luck which any side needs from time to time. Maybe an  omen with our rub of green against Chelsea in semi finals

Like Redtraders idea and will be interesting to see what side we put out againts them on saturday
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:27 am

NANNY RED wrote:Dirk Kuyt for me was fantastic . Carra must have been made up when he switched with Babel and went on the right. Kuyt best player in a red shirt tonight followed closely by Skrtel and Carra.

Same here Nanny, (Deadly Dirk) Kuyt was excellent. He scored the all important important goal with a Fowleresque finish, he marked, tracked and tackled better than any of our other middies and he also SHOWED for the ball all game while many of his teamates were losing their nerve. His best game in a Liverpool shirt tonight. Carra was next up for me and he did a lot of good work sweeping and covering in behind Hypia and Skrtel. He needs to play central for the return leg. I disagree on Skrtel, he battled hard tonight but I feel a bit sorry for him tbh. He's gone from playing for Zenit St.Petersburg in the Russian league to a Champions League Quarter-Final against the best passing side in Europe and he looks a little out of his depth to me. If he is to play then I would prefer to see him alongside Carra who can scream, F and blind at him all game.

Top result tonight. Absolutely made up with a score draw. Although gutted i've given up me ticket for the return leg next Tuesday  :( Am off to Canada early doors on the Wednesday morning.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:11 am

A great result from a game where we truly rode our luck at times.  I'm made up for Dirk--top performance from the lad and I'm heartened to see people acknowledging it.  Yes, more focus on keeping possession is needed for the return leg and more support for Torres.

I think it is imperative to rest some of our key players on Saturday, as the lads were knackered by the end of the match.  Plus, giving Arsenal too much familiarity with our playing style will not do us any favours in the return leg.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:16 am

fantastic result for us, even kuyt played well (although one swallow does not make a summer) and took his six yard tap in with all the class and finesse of a pele type character therefore dispelling all the bad things said about him and proving he is really world class, I mean who else would have tapped in from 6 yards.

anyway back to the performance, i started to get worried when we chose to sit back but it came off for us, i can smell the semi final
112-1077774096

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:24 am

Kuyt best player in a red shirt tonight followed closely by Skrtel and Carra.

Kuyt wore red tonight?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:54 am

LFC2007 wrote:Babel – massive liability. No fight, desire, passion, heart…will to win the ball at all cost. Shocking passing. He made 4 complete passes in 57 min’s. To put that in perspective -Eboue who had an average game made 22 complete passes. Babel had to be subbed and I would've preferred him off at half time, he was that bad. Benayoun did a much better job at tracking back and tackling.

Have to agree with you there, watching the first half afterwards he wasnt even winning 25/75 balls never mind 50/50. Whats wrong with him, is he a wuss?

If you aint got balls,you'll never make it playing for any team in the premiership. Reminds me of John 'twinkle toes'  Barnes.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:56 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:nanny the fat c*** Hicks was there stuffing his fat face, they said gillett was snowbound in Colorado so wasnt able to make it.

Hey !! That tw@t's supposed to be having a meeting with Nazi Hicks and DIC after the game !! 

I wonder what happened?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:59 am

peewee wrote:fantastic result for us, even kuyt played well (although one swallow does not make a summer)

Tell me the difference in Kuyts commitment in this game to any other that he's been playing in since Benitez employed him in this position in the new system. For me, he's been playing like this for a while. Is it just because he scored a goal in such a high stakes game that you give him praise?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:08 am

Emerald Red wrote:
peewee wrote:fantastic result for us, even kuyt played well (although one swallow does not make a summer)

Tell me the difference in Kuyts commitment in this game to any other that he's been playing in since Benitez employed him in this position in the new system. For me, he's been playing like this for a while. Is it just because he scored a goal in such a high stakes game that you give him praise?

Give it a rest, mate....
Just enjoy the result for now.

peewee's a big boy and he certainly doesn't need anyone to defend him but all this constant hounding is just getting old. He has his opinion and is not afraid of expressing them.... Whether or not you agree with him is your opinion.

Why on earth do you feel the need to track down every single post he makes and find fault with it? He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't....

For christ sakes...... we just had a good result against a difficult team who've handed us our @rses in the last two cup ties we've had with 'em and all we do is find fault with each other?

Sometimes I don't get what the hell is wrong with this place...
ConnO'var

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:09 am

Emerald Red wrote:

no not at all, in the previous games he has been all huff and puff with poor passing and poor control, lets get this straight, all the effort in the world does not make his performances any better, however doing the simple things like controlling the ball, good passing etc do make the difference.

I have never questioned his commitment mate, I have however questioned his ability, last night the guy played well, his control was good, his passing was decent.

I hope that clears it up, no problem with commitment, only problem with his ability, last night he showed both
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:10 am

ConnO'var wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Give it a rest, mate....

peewee's a big boy and he certainly doesn't need anyone to defend him but all this constant hounding is just getting old. He has his opinion and is not afraid of expressing them.... Whether or not you agree with him is your opinion.

Why on earth do you feel the need to track down every single post he makes and find fault with it? He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't....

For christ sakes...... we just had a good result against a difficult team who've handed us our @rses in the last two cup ties we've had with 'em and all we do is find fault with each other?

thanks, it does get tedious at times      :D
112-1077774096

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:18 am

peewee wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Give it a rest, mate....

thanks, it does get tedious at times      :D

:D

Reality hurts..... sometimes the best of us lose objectivity when it comes to the things we love.....  It helps when a cold eye is cast over the issues on hand.... no matter how unpleasant!

:p  :D
ConnO'var

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:48 am

Good performance by Kuyt.... he did his normal work by running everwhere but he actually looked like a right forward today. (see i do give praise when he does a good job but i still hope we sell him in the summer)..... Along with mascherano, Skertel and Gerrard...they were the contenders for M-O-M.

Babel had an awful game  - Am I allowed to say this ?  :p  Don't want toffeehumper to start another boring war with me...

Alonso...another sub-par game.

Rafa - It is amazing how good rafa is in europe. This should be the 1st time we didn't lose away to arsenal under rafa and it came in a european match. I am now warming up to the fact that...we can even beat manure if it comes down to it in moscow......

In summary, i am happy. If we win at anfield against arsenal (or even get a goaless draw), we shouldn't have too much problem to get past average grant's chelsea or fernebache.......... for another final... :buttrock
Last edited by The_Rock on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:51 am

Kuyt was definitely man of the match, Gerrard was not far behind.  I don't know what's going on with Babel but he sure looked lost out there,  his link up play was awful.  He really needs to develop a football brain because he's starting to really look predictable out on the left.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:04 am

peewee wrote:fantastic result for us, even kuyt played well (although one swallow does not make a summer) and took his six yard tap in with all the class and finesse of a pele type character therefore dispelling all the bad things said about him and proving he is really world class, I mean who else would have tapped in from 6 yards.

bitter eh?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion