Recent bans

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Touching on what you have said in this thread, I have to agree. Some people seem to think that they can get away with insulting Kuyt, Rafa, etc, when all they ever do is try their best for the club. If they spat the dummy out whenever they were subbed and showed complete disrespect for their teammates, then they would perhaps be deserving of "he's a disrespectful w*nker." If they spit at opposing fans, again, they deserve to be insulted as people, not footballers.

But they don't. Rafa's "outbursts" in the press are milder than a Spanish winter. It's just that certain posters blow it out of all proportion because they feel that it justifies their arguments against the gaffer. They obsess over every single word, even when common sense says he's done nothing new.

People say "Rafa's not even in the same league as Ferguson", and bemoan that he is nothing like the Scot. The same people then throw their arms up like they have been shot when he takes a leaf out of the jock's book and rips into an opposition manager.

Let me digress:

People on here believe they are entitled to their opinions without being subjected to abuse, yet they then sit there and abuse the staff. I can only assume, therefore, that they feel they are somehow more important or valued than the playing staff and Rafa.

They are not.

Put quite simply, Rafa Benitez and his players mean more to me than the members on here. They represent the club we are reputedly here to support. Ergo, I will always side with them in a "fight" where they are receiving unnecessary and undeserved abuse.

Stop the "Fat Spanish Waiter", "s*cks Rafa's c*ck to get a game", "Rafa's bumboy" sh*t, or expect to get abused.

And we all know I will gleefully raise the bar and come down on you like a literary ton of bricks. Whether or not you understand or agree with the content, the motives should be clear.

Your choice - pack in insulting the heroes who represent the club you apparently support, or accept what that brings.

Who died and made you a mod lando ? Its the Mod's who are there to decide what is and isn't permissible to post on this site not any self appointed "protector".

If you don't like a post or think someone has gone too far do what EVERYONE ELSE has to do either ignore it or report it.
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:44 pm

u know what the problem is lando... and thats not just for you its for everyone who thinks the same way u do... problem is that when u have a poster criticizing a player or the manager's decisions or selection or whatever, you seem to take it upon urself to reply to that poster with insults suggesting that their opinion is somehow invalid or unacceptable.. well u know what, some choose to say things like they are.. if someone fcks up i'll point it out and if someone doesnt agree with what im saying then fair enough, point it out and try to argue your point the way u see fit... if i'm insulted then i'll return the insults and im pretty sure many others would ... sorry but ur in no position to be telling the posters what they should or should not be posting in these boards regardless of what u seem to think or believe..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:23 pm

ghost of gbjh - thats terrible racist language lad.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:25 pm

A politically incorrect word filtering system. Whatever next? Good point, though. Regardless, I think those words aren't filtered because they are ban bate.
Last edited by red37 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:27 pm

Effes wrote:ghost of gbjh - thats terrible racist language lad.

It is. But I don't think he was actually being racist. Just merely making a point, which is a very valid one if you ask me.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_ghost_of_gbjh » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Which is the point I was actually making. I wasn't using them as racist remarks, simply stating that you can get away with those remarks but something far more innocent is frowned upon.
Last edited by the_ghost_of_gbjh on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_ghost_of_gbjh

Postby Effes » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:34 pm

OK - I get you now, but still the p*** and n***** should be left out.
Last edited by Effes on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:34 pm

the_ghost_of_gbjh wrote:

Which is the point I was actually making. I wasn't using them as racist remarks, simply stating that you can get away with those remarks but something far more innocent is frowned upon.

I don't think you can get away with saying any of them. Not if the mods see it, or a poster complains. The fact that you actually write those words without them being blocked is interesting, though.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_ghost_of_gbjh » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:41 pm

Effes wrote:OK - I get you now, but still the p*** and n***** should be left out.

Well you won't catch me using them again either mate.
the_ghost_of_gbjh

Postby red37 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:45 pm

the_ghost_of_gbjh wrote:
Effes wrote:OK - I get you now, but still the p*** and n***** should be left out.

Dead right there sunshine.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Number 9 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:49 pm

the_ghost_of_gbjh wrote:

The Ghost of GBJH! :laugh:  :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:56 pm

I'm glad Lando is back. I rarely agree with him, or his methodology on occasions, but he does make the place more interesting, a more compelling read I'll give him that.

I'm not sure I buy into this "it's cos people insult the players/manager" line though to be honest. I've had plenty of nonsense on here over the years from a posse of bovver boys and I don't go in for the "fat Spanish waiter" stuff, so it doesn't ring true to me. I think it's more a case of people who look to protect and defend the manager and players as well as the situation, losing the argument and having to resort to silliness. True I tend not to get called a shrivelled up scrotum of a retarded whatever it is (and in fairness to Lando he very rarely gives me any nonsense of any description), but I do get the "cocktail barman/plumber/dildo seller" etc etc, I do get and have had the "what level do you play and manage at", I do get and have had that I'm not a "real fan", I'm "fickle", I'm a knee jerker", I "want the team to lose and celebrate when it happens", as well as the inevitable "but you're not at Melwood" etc etc.

I don't see the above as insults per se, but merely as an indication that the people who are saying such things are unable to argue/debate sensibly. That's not necessarily a reflection upon them, it's simply that in many cases the things they are trying to defend are basically indefensible. A few have tried for instance, but nobody has given any sensible reason, not one, why selling Keane and not bringing in a replacement is a good idea at this stage of our first title challenge in years. The reason nobody has given a reason, a sensible reason, is because there isn't one. And so when people mention it, out of frustration trusters resort to abuse, or in GYBS's case the somewhat less confrontational "he's gone now so lets move on".

I don't though see why when someone says "how does Kuyt get a game every week, is he giving rafa a blowjob or something?" it's massively insulting to either party. Often I've heard people say on here "what's wrong with bad language? Don't you hear it at work, on the rugby field or whatever?" which is fair enough. But I'm asked to believe that those same people find it offensive, racist or whatever else because a poster calls Rafa a Spanish waiter? Come on. The very best way for Rafa and the players to shut such people up is to start winning football matches, for the waiter to become the winner and then there's no argument. The silly people who call Rafa such things, or admit that they think he's a busted flush can be ridiculed properly then, and justifiably so.

All in all though, people need to moderate themselves. It always used to be that way, it still is, and it always will be.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:25 pm

bigmick wrote:All in all though, people need to moderate themselves. It always used to be that way, it still is, and it always will be.

Thats the idea yeah. Theory anyway...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Last edited by Dundalk on Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:01 pm

Dundalk wrote:Image

:D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum