Bans

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:43 pm

I know in the past bans were dished out more frequently (I've been a culprit/perpetrator) due to the abusive nature of them; the blatant upfront ding dongs etc where no holds were barred.

BUT

Is there any policy or action against TROLL-ing though which in it's own right is just as disruptive to the forum as full blown flame wars?
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:59 am

Kenny Kan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:43 pm wrote:I know in the past bans were dished out more frequently (I've been a culprit/perpetrator) due to the abusive nature of them; the blatant upfront ding dongs etc where no holds were barred.

BUT

Is there any policy or action against TROLL-ing though which in it's own right is just as disruptive to the forum as full blown flame wars?

Are there any particular members who you think maybe trolls and need moderator intervention
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:53 pm

SuperSub,

I am a plain spoken man and I have tried my best to hold my peace for as long as possible. I have put posters on "ignore" but this makes it hard to follow threads. As others have said, this leaves huge holes in discussions.

I think that we have lost a lot of good posters over the years and a lot of it has been due to the change in the atmosphere in this forum which used to be filled with friendly banter and disagreements but the mood was always a lot better than it is now. For me, that was the main reason why I stopped posting for a while. But the new season is starting and I think it is time that everyone had a good long look at ourselves and decide if this is the manner in which we want to discuss all matters about our great club and enjoy being a Liverpool fan.

In all the time that I've been on here, I have NEVER called for anyone to be carded or banned and I do it now with great reluctance and in as open and transparent a manner as possible. For the greater good of the forum, it is my opinion that Benny The Noon has to go. He is the root cause of a lot of the nonsense that is pervading the forum now. It is time this is halted.
ConnO'var

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:07 pm

Well the pitchforks are well and truly out for me now

Not content for polluting one thread with demands I'm gone now we have a whole thread being started demanding I'm gone

All because they don't agree with my opinion. Lets ignore all the people abusing posters, what we really need to kick out is people posting an opinion which people disagree with

Shall we all just agree with each other instead - become robots without original thought , get happy clapping about how wonderful everything is with the club. We can no longer post anything negative about players or manager or owners because everything is perfect - we enter into the new season with a top quality world class squad ready to challenge everyone

The amusing bit is the person starting the thread has been banned from here a number of times as well as banned from other forums :laugh:
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:14 pm

I've been a mod on forums before, and really, banning someone is the last resort.  And you have to do it with one thing in mind.  Is this for the betterment of the forum. 

Just because someone gets under someone's (Mods included) skin, should not get someone banned. 

This board took a major down turn a couple of years ago when posters were banned.  One of which who was responding to a direct insult in a post from a Mod. 

Bans are obviously not the way to go.  Just ignore or simply don't reply.  That said, there is also not a need to reply to every attempt at being provoked.

FREE BENNY!!!!
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby john22 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:16 pm

Stop the fights and be at peace. We are here to talk about our Liverpool club and not to talk about anything ourselves or for others. Let's be professional fans.
john22
LFC Basic Member

Postby Rush Job » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:59 pm

john22 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:16 pm wrote:Stop the fights and be at peace. We are here to talk about our Liverpool club and not to talk about anything ourselves or for others. Let's be professional fans.

I find the people constantly trolling benny the most anoying, the posters with a mental age of 7 who not only spam the thread but when thats not enough start sending comically obusive pm`s.
If there is any change it should be this, if a poster is rightfully banned it should stick. How many times does it need to be proven that the guy should have been a blowjob?  :)
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:21 pm

I actually think Benny has spoken a lot of sense over the last few years. 
Sure he's negative at times, but the club nearly went into administration, we lost our best players, a world class manager and have fallen to a point were a 6th place finish is what he can expect.

Most people could be forgiven for being negative in them circumstances  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:47 pm

I don't think that I've ever agreed with a thing that GYBS/Benny the Noon has ever said and we have had some spats over the years, but I certainly don't want to see him banned.

We're all adults here, we can discuss matters in an adult way, even if it does get heated at certain times.
tonyeh

Postby redno7 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm guilty of using profanity during posting especially when replying to Benny. Problem is I use profanity in my everyday speech. I actually have a condition that's similar to tourettes but not as extreme as that. I mean, I never shout out random swear words or owt. But, I struggle to respond to people who wind me up or get on my nerves without using an insult both in everyday life and on an internet forum. I also have been known to drop swear words into a normal conversation without knowing. Thats nothing to do with upbringing or social classes it's just how I'm made.

I apologise for any offence I've caused to anyone and I hold a hand out towards Benny to call a truce under this whole saga...

...[holds hand out]
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Maybe someone should make a poll about this. Ban Benny? Yes or No
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Never been Benny's biggest fan but surely this has got to be a joke. Yes, he's annoying at times and responding to a question with another does get in the way of things but imo, he's probably the most valuable member of the forum for the sheer number of posts he makes and  replies he gets if nothing else.
Matter of fact, when I read the title of this thread, I thought some of the members throwing insults at him and stalking him on every thread finally got carded and banned for it. Now I wouldn't agree with that despite understanding it, but I find it more annoying that someone would just go from thread to thread replying to a poster and insulting them rather than adding anything to discussion at hand.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:39 pm

The OP in this thread NEVER mentioned Benny, yet everyone assumes it's about him.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:01 am

I guess my held out hand wasn't accepted. He had his chance.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:20 am

aCe' » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:05 pm wrote:Never been Benny's biggest fan but surely this has got to be a joke. Yes, he's annoying at times and responding to a question with another does get in the way of things but imo, he's probably the most valuable member of the forum for the sheer number of posts he makes and  replies he gets if nothing else.
Matter of fact, when I read the title of this thread, I thought some of the members throwing insults at him and stalking him on every thread finally got carded and banned for it. Now I wouldn't agree with that despite understanding it, but I find it more annoying that someone would just go from thread to thread replying to a poster and insulting them rather than adding anything to discussion at hand.

Not a big fan of bans and I certainly agree it takes two to tango and incessant stalking of Benny by some people has me shaking my head as my opinion it  just exacerbates the issues

However Benny posts seem designed to provoke  responses, in fact in some threads his opinion on a player or subject seems to change mid stream just so he can be opposing view against majority and remain the centre of attention.

However I  totally disagree with your view of  valuable member of the forum, far as im concerned this OCD attention seeking has been the bane of forum.
Ive been lurking at this place for 9 years because I like reading posts of supporters with a better knowledge, far more articulate in expressing themselves  or far closer to the action then what I am to club I love.

Ive also enjoy far more friendly banter and off topic stuff that this site use to offer compared to some of bigger fan sites.

In the last year of so its just seems to me to be drowned out bitter insulting and endless "no im not yes you are" arguments.

When you look at main page at some of users who visit this place but dont bother to post i feel its a real shame however I dont blame them.
What the point of putting any effort into your post only for disappear under about 6 pages of OCD attention seeking.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum