Recent bans

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:05 am

Ive noticed more bans have occured since christmas. And rather than have a moral high ground for those who have been banned, im going to side with the mods.

For crying out loud. This forum for all intent and purpose is to discuss football. If you dont feel like discussing football air your thoughts about other things in the different sections this forum has.

Its growing tiresome reading the petty insults offered and the length people will go to to ensure that there insult registers. Its not pleasant reading, it doesnt make you look clever and the mods are right in banning those who are the culprits. As A member and not a mod im asking stop the insults, they are not needed, if you cannot argue against an opinion in the right way then dont argue at all. This saves a lot of hassle.Its time for a lot of people to grow up and save the petty name calling for the kids at school, not adults on a day off.

I ask only as a member. For me and many others its tedious to read.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:13 am

Not this again  ???

Kharhaz mate - there's been lods of threads about this.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quadrophenia » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:14 am

:censored: off. :;):
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:46 am

Kharhaz is just repeating what has been said many times but despite that, not followed thus we have seen bans of 2 members in recent days or maybe hours.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:14 am

If I am still here, it only goes to prove that anyone can avoid a ban if they choose to.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:27 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:If I am still here, it only goes to prove that anyone can avoid a ban if they choose to.

Lando - if the stuff you've posted is say a 10 out of 10 in abuse rating.

What would you say neil's posts get out of 10?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:08 am

I don't think Neil got banned for abuse mate (I certainly didn't report him anyway), I think he got banned for deliberately going against what Bob had just told him about not looking for trouble and abuse, even to the extent of using the same insults that Bob had just said DON'T USE. I think it was more of a self inflicted wound by Neil rather than anything else. He was basically just asking for a card or a ban. Certainly if you have any brains you don't go suggesting a mod should find an alternative forum and then do exactly what you have just been told not to by that same mod. To further exacerbate things he also carried his argument over into other threads (which from what I understand  is yet another big mistake), if you are arguing keep it in the one thread at least then you are only ruining one thread and not half a dozen.

As for Stu, I think everyone knew he was on borrowed time, it was just a case of him overstepping the mark once too often. A great football poster but if the mod's keep turning a blind eye to his abusing people they would sooner or later have to justify that when someone else gets banned. A real shame because I think Stu brings a lot to the forum. Maybe someone could edit his posts BEFORE they are posted and take out all the insults and just leave in the footy chat.
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:39 am

Mince Pie or Steak & Kidney Saint? :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:48 am

s@int wrote:I don't think Neil got banned for abuse mate (I certainly didn't report him anyway), I think he got banned for deliberately going against what Bob had just told him about not looking for trouble and abuse, even to the extent of using the same insults that Bob had just said DON'T USE. I think it was more of a self inflicted wound by Neil rather than anything else. He was basically just asking for a card or a ban. Certainly if you have any brains you don't go suggesting a mod should find an alternative forum and then do exactly what you have just been told not to by that same mod. To further exacerbate things he also carried his argument over into other threads (which from what I understand  is yet another big mistake), if you are arguing keep it in the one thread at least then you are only ruining one thread and not half a dozen.

As for Stu, I think everyone knew he was on borrowed time, it was just a case of him overstepping the mark once too often. A great football poster but if the mod's keep turning a blind eye to his abusing people they would sooner or later have to justify that when someone else gets banned. A real shame because I think Stu brings a lot to the forum. Maybe someone could edit his posts BEFORE they are posted and take out all the insults and just leave in the footy chat.

Are you serious??

Someone should edit Stus posts BEFORE they are posted,like sit and read every one before they hit the board and take out the nasty bits? :D
The bottom line is the fella is an arrogant ignorant self obsessed little jumped up moron who thinks the world will stop spinning if he fell off it he's that far up his own @rse!
It was only a matter of time till he got banned again.
As you say he know's his footy and can put together a good post but theres no need for all the slabbering that comes with it.Should have been banned long ago!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:48 am

Ciggy wrote:Mince Pie or Steak & Kidney Saint? :D

s@int will only eat kidney harvested from the third world :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:50 am

Judge wrote:

th th th th th th with a nice bottle of Chianti!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:52 am

Quadrophenia wrote: :censored: off. :;):

hahaha!  :D

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:53 am

This forum is a better place when Stu is not here FACT.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:54 am

Number 9 wrote:
Judge wrote:

th th th th th th with a nice bottle of Chianti!! :D

and some faver beans  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:55 am