My support for lando - Because of recent comments.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:54 am

I’ve never disputed whether the poster in question is a good or bad person, I don’t know him and I’ve only been here since June, so I really can’t make a comment on what he is like.

From first impressions he comes across as a decent poster who isn’t afraid to stand firmly behind his views, a commendable trait to have IMO. From first impressions of his posting, I got the sense that the person in question lacks the basic communication skills needed to have a sensible and intelligent discussion.

Insults are not needed and not in the vast quantities that Lando uses them in, insults are not inventive, they lack wit and not to mention intelligence.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:57 am

Wilhelmsson wrote:I’ve never disputed whether the poster in question is a good or bad person, I don’t know him and I’ve only been here since June, so I really can’t make a comment on what he is like.

From first impressions he comes across as a decent poster who isn’t afraid to stand firmly behind his views, a commendable trait to have IMO. From first impressions of his posting, I got the sense that the person in question lacks the basic communication skills needed to have a sensible and intelligent discussion.

Insults are not needed and not in the vast quantities that Lando uses them in, insults are not inventive, they lack wit and not to mention intelligence.

Very nice post , you are correct in what you say . Insults are not funny and not very intelligent.

As i said before though. FOOK OFF  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:02 pm

Rafa is God ( x 2349)
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:13 pm

fúck lando, hes a bully, he calls every one pathetic names if he doesnt sgree with the post, he always thinks hes right in what he says, he deserves all the sh1t that comes his way, i cant stand his tactics, everything about his arrogant ways pi55es me off, untill he shows some respect to others he should expect any back, sorry guys if you disagree thats how i feel about him, and i do not care in the slightest if any of you slate me back by sticking up for him, and i half expect a stupid pathetic reply from him.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:15 pm

Red wrote:fúck lando, hes a bully, he calls every one pathetic names if he doesnt sgree with the post, he always thinks hes right in what he says, he deserves all the sh1t that comes his way, i cant stand his tactics, everything about his arrogant ways pi55es me off, untill he shows some respect to others he should expect any back, sorry guys if you disagree thats how i feel about him, and i do not care in the slightest if any of you slate me back by sticking up for him, and i half expect a stupid pathetic reply from him.

:laugh:  :laugh: ,pot and kettle.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:15 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
red37 wrote:Kharhaz - you lost the plot  ???  Some of these threads are beyond bizarre.

I dont think so, look at what we are facing currently, rafa should be sacked ! Never did I think id see that one. All I see as posts lately is how LFC are doing so bad and everyone jumping on that bandwagon is a good thing. Or are you upset because I didnt mention your name in the list of decent posters?

Was determined to let this one slip by but...

What the hell has you failing to mention me got to do with anything?  Unless you were deliberating that whilst making up your list, then thats your issue. For the record, there are several others who (imo) could easily be attributed as being 'decent' posters, who you didn't mention. Ive no qualms whatsoever that you havn't considered me in the 'elite'  :D  Not interested in fame and fortune at all mate, never will be. Im here to participate and to enjoy the thoughts of others - not the sound of my own voice.

And off the record, and more to the point: Ive supported Lando before/now/and i suspect in the future...but im certain he would not wish for the subject to be put under the spotlight in this way. Which was the point i was making initially.
Last edited by red37 on Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Red wrote:fúck lando, hes a bully, he calls every one pathetic names if he doesnt sgree with the post, he always thinks hes right in what he says, he deserves all the sh1t that comes his way, i cant stand his tactics, everything about his arrogant ways pi55es me off, untill he shows some respect to others he should expect any back, sorry guys if you disagree thats how i feel about him, and i do not care in the slightest if any of you slate me back by sticking up for him, and i half expect a stupid pathetic reply from him.

:laugh:  :laugh: ,pot and kettle.

you want 2 sugars with that tea?
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:46 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Or are you upset because I didnt mention your name in the list of decent posters?

Take no notice of  Red37 he's pissed off cause he's had no Frey Bentos pie this week  :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:51 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
Ciggy wrote:If new comers are offended by swearing maybe they should join another forum or watch the OAP bowling?

Why? Do we not have a right to post here too? I respect a person’s right to say what they want, but then I have a right to state that I consider swearing to be an act of those with a limited vocabulary.

Is constantly smearing pages and pages of posts with profanities needed or even healthy for discussion?

I haven’t got a problem with the poster in question, he makes decent points, but I have declined to discuss his points with him because he cannot have a sensible discussion in a civil manner without resorting to language you would expect Vicky Pollard to be using on regular intervals.

Loads of us swear on here its not meant to be insulting if I say fuckinell what a great goal or fuckinell we played great today Its not meant to be offensive its just the way we talk.

seriously mate if you dont like swearing maybe football isnt the correct sport to be following .........

Theres always the Darts at the Lakeside  :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:25 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Or are you upset because I didnt mention your name in the list of decent posters?

Take no notice of  Red37 he's pissed off cause he's had no Frey Bentos pie this week  :D

:laugh:  Half the forum wonder wtf you are on about , the other halfs in stiches CIGGY
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:30 pm

s@int wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

:laugh:  Half the forum wonder wtf you are on about , the other halfs in stiches CIGGY

Not quite Saint, 49% are wondering wtf is she on about, another 49% are in stitches but 2% (the chosen few) are thinking
"that reminds me, i've got a beef and onion one in the cupboard"

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:03 pm

red37 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
red37 wrote:Kharhaz - you lost the plot  ???  Some of these threads are beyond bizarre.

I dont think so, look at what we are facing currently, rafa should be sacked ! Never did I think id see that one. All I see as posts lately is how LFC are doing so bad and everyone jumping on that bandwagon is a good thing. Or are you upset because I didnt mention your name in the list of decent posters?

Was determined to let this one slip by but...

What the hell has you failing to mention me got to do with anything?  Unless you were deliberating that whilst making up your list, then thats your issue. For the record, there are several others who (imo) could easily be attributed as being 'decent' posters, who you didn't mention. Ive no qualms whatsoever that you havn't considered me in the 'elite'  :D  Not interested in fame and fortune at all mate, never will be. Im here to participate and to enjoy the thoughts of others - not the sound of my own voice.

And off the record, and more to the point: Ive supported Lando before/now/and i suspect in the future...but im certain he would not wish for the subject to be put under the spotlight in this way. Which was the point i was making initially.

I just reached home, and there's a thread talking about Lando? hope he hasn't been banned or something!

Couldn't agree more in the point of you make about "elite". For me, there's not such a thing. All the posters he mentions are important because they all give personality and make this forum what it is, but I don't see them as elite, they're just very regular members. Others like Dalglish and John Craig do not post as much as the mentioned by Kharhaz, but are equally important for me. I even search old Drummerphil posts, they are there written, and are for me an importat part of it aswell.

Important aswell are the newbies. The newbies of today, will be the S@ints or Bigmicks of tomorrow, even Bad Bob was a newbie one day!

I agree aswell Ciggy, not specifically on LFC2007, who has a more quiet approach to the forum than in summer, and I've only seen him discussing when someone makes a comment about him (the Mckenzie one for instance). But she has a point in that we have to return to a point of the past in which there was less fights, and more laughs. My perception of this forum has changed and not for good in 2007, but I hope it's just a bad year.

I think all the mods are doing a very ungrateful work and will help to achieve that.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:18 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:I’ve never disputed whether the poster in question is a good or bad person, I don’t know him and I’ve only been here since June, so I really can’t make a comment on what he is like.

I must have imagined the qualification that allows me to teach English up to A level standard, then...

You assume that I am an ignoramus with sub-par communication skills and an inability to participate in "sensible and intelligent discussion". You fail to understand the vast majority of my posts, then assume they're incorrect, or at least scattered with falsehoods.

You then assume that I use prophanities as a veneer to disguise my "lacking vocabulary".

Assumptions can be dangerous, my friend.  :;):

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:22 pm

When have I ever asked anyone on here to respect me?

Your case has just fallen apart over that most beautiful of things:

The assumption.

P.S. I love you too, Red.  :eyebrow

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:22 pm

Thanks to those who have stated their support, btw.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum