Recent bans

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby aCe' » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:05 pm

GYBS wrote:
aCe' wrote:on a serious note though... stu's been banned long enough dont u think ? surely having him back with a few cards in his pocket like lando had wouldnt harm anyone now would it ? footie discussion could use one or two more like him ...

do you mean footy discussion with someone insulting people on a constant basis ? as your constantly asking for him back why dont you form a new forum with him .

listen GYBS... im seriously getting sick of you following me around in every thread whether it be on footie chat or general or whatever replying to every post i make with ur usual bullsht so might aswell find urself sumthing better to do there kiddo.. ur by far the most annoying, boring, predictable poster those boards have ever seen and pretty much every thread u contribute anything to ends up becoming a sht thead because u go around repeating the same BS and commenting on people criticizing the manager/players rather than try to address the issue ... anyways .. give it a rest
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:19 pm

Having had a chance to square up and dust off the usual insults, I hope that certain individuals can now go back to ignoring each other.  In fact, I'll insist on it.  I'll also insist that football threads be dominated by football chat.  Flame wars, wind-up attempts and other instances of internet gangsterism will be dealt with swiftly and decisively because this is, after all, a football forum first and foremost. 

This is, after all, a football forum first and foremost.

Well, when I decided to look for a place to improve my knowledge about Liverpool, I searched the forums complete set.

Out of this set, I picked the football subset.

And out of this sub-set I picked Liverpool fans sub set.

So when I joined newkit I never thought I joined just a football forum. I have Spanish forums about the premier league, in which pretty much I could discuss about Liverpool even with people that know quite a lot of football and our club.

IMHO, this is a Liverpool Football Club forum first, and foremost. And second, important, but not that much, it's a football forum.

In that scenario, I expected a minimum respect towards the players, and manager. I do like criticism, I do like reading thoughts about if we should try something else different of Rafa does. I do expect someone saying certain's player football is being cráp as of late. Criticism, within the realms of respect to the player and the manager.

One of the reasons I started to love Liverpool were your ambassadors. John Aldridge, John Toshack, Kvarme, Westerveld, served well my local club, but also acted as an ambassador of Liverpool football club. They talked about The Cop. About Hillsborough. About The Truth. Why did they so in an unknown northern Spanish town? Because they are reds, and they're reds wherever they are.

And I soon checked when I was a teenager all this stories of Aldo and Toshack were true. And I saw the support of Liverpool fans in the tv, and the games. In good times, and bad times. That support still can be seen a lot in Anfield. And a true admiration and teenager love was created from that.

So for my information about Liverpool back in 2004, I chose not a general premier league football forum, but a forum of Liverpool fans. With the values that I was taught by Toshack and Aldo. With the values of that unconditional and loyal support.

So I certainly expect to read a player is not good enough and he'll never be. But I can't digest heavy and direct insults to the players as a person, not a footballer. I can digest someone saying Lucas' football is shít, but I can't digest someone insulting Lucas, the guy.

Due to me thinking, apparently wrongly, that this was a Liverpool fans forum and not just a footie forum, I couldn't believe the insults and lack of respect our reds received from members around here. With insults that could be said perfectly in a Manc forum.

IMHO, it's nice that members are protected from insults. But from my point of view,  it's necessary to extend that protection to the players and the manager. That is, I think the mods do a great job protecting the members from abuse. I'd just like to extend that protection to 23 people more, and that would be the players and the manager. Yes, they are not here posting, but we come here to support them, so they are part of our communnity.

Because this is not just a football forum, but a Liverpool Football Club forum.

If someone says my posts are shít, that's ok. He's talking about the posts. He'll get a card when he systematically insults me personally (Or alternatively I'll be asked to have patience with the insulting guy :) ).

Similarly, I don't find problems to read Lucas' football is shíte, or a team selection of Rafa is silly. But I'm outraged when I see them insulted for things like being sent off. Hello, in football, these things happen, criticise the players action, don't call him a cúnt.

So, Lando, when he sees that insults, he is as offended as me, but he doesn't refrain from paying with the same coin. You haven't seen Lando insulting Mick the poster, because Mick is anti Rafa, but has never insulted Rafa. You see the guy insulting the guys that insult Rafa and the players. It's quite an obvious pattern. Lando gets cards when the team underperforms and those opportunistic insults appear.

What I mean is this. It's nice to keep the members of this forum protected from insults. But as long as the players are insulted, there will be Landos. If Lando gets banned it will be me who'll go out of his normal self (often Lando's answers save my protests). So if Lando is banned, I am banned, because like himself I always thought this was a Liverpool forum, first and foremost.

If someone says "oh don't overreact to those insults to the players" then I expect that someone not to overreact to Lando's answers. The cards delivery indicate that it's Lando who's in fault and just Lando. But from my point of view, when players like Kuyt are insulted personally, not his football, that's as offending as if a member is insulted.

I know it's just my point of view, but if you want to erradicate insults from newkit, you have to know what triggers them in the first place. And you have to ask if the players, as guys, have to be respected in the same extent as the posting members of this forum.

I think that if a little more respect to the players was observed, you'd see a surprising effect: Lando's insults would diminish in a 88%. Extending the good protection the mods provide to the members to the 23 members of the first team, wouldn't harm Newkit Football Chat whatsoever, IMHO, as there's a direct relationship between personal insults to players and managers and how discussions that lead to cards are started.

It's a bit like lack of rotation and hamstring injuries relationship. Cause-effect. The lame gazelle effect (Just a final comment to lighten up the mood and to wake up Bigmick :D)

Not trying to negotiate anything here. I just have my own opinion about what causes most of the fights around here.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:27 pm

have you been taking post lessons (the length of them that is) from bigmick? :D

Mick is all about length, he must be, he sells dildo's for a living :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Toshack is in the Welsh papers today saying how little he respects Spanish football and how he had a miserable time living there and how glad he is to be back in Wales.  He has been under pressure in Wales for some time so he may just be trying to win support
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:34 pm

Didn't he just renewed his contract until 2012?

Send me the link, I can't blame him if he said that Taff  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Its a local cardiff paper as he is a Cardiff boy.  He caused a huge fuss a few months ago when he said that chorizo tasted better than faggots and gravy and he upset a lot of people.  He got the contract yes but only on condition that he has to visit a chippy at least once a week
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:50 pm

Sabre wrote:
Having had a chance to square up and dust off the usual insults, I hope that certain individuals can now go back to ignoring each other.  In fact, I'll insist on it.  I'll also insist that football threads be dominated by football chat.  Flame wars, wind-up attempts and other instances of internet gangsterism will be dealt with swiftly and decisively because this is, after all, a football forum first and foremost. 

Well, when I decided to look for a place to improve my knowledge about Liverpool, I searched the forums complete set.

So when I joined newkit I never thought I joined just a football forum. I have Spanish forums about the premier league, in which pretty much I could discuss about Liverpool even with people that know quite a lot of football and our club.

IMHO, this is a Liverpool Football Club forum first, and foremost. And second, important, but not that much, it's a football forum.

In that scenario, I expected a minimum respect towards the players, and manager. I do like criticism, I do like reading thoughts about if we should try something else different of Rafa does. I do expect someone saying certain's player football is being cráp as of late. Criticism, within the realms of respect to the player and the manager.

One of the reasons I started to love Liverpool were your ambassadors. John Aldridge, John Toshack, Kvarme, Westerveld, served well my local club, but also acted as an ambassador of Liverpool football club. They talked about The Cop. About Hillsborough. About The Truth. Why did they so in an unknown northern Spanish town? Because they are reds, and they're reds wherever they are.

And I soon checked when I was a teenager all this stories of Aldo and Toshack were true. And I saw the support of Liverpool fans in the tv, and the games. In good times, and bad times. That support still can be seen a lot in Anfield. And a true admiration and teenager love was created from that.

So for my information about Liverpool back in 2004, I chose not a general premier league football forum, but a forum of Liverpool fans. With the values that I was taught by Toshack and Aldo. With the values of that unconditional and loyal support.

So I certainly expect to read a player is not good enough and he'll never be. But I can't digest heavy and direct insults to the players as a person, not a footballer. I can digest someone saying Lucas' football is shít, but I can't digest someone insulting Lucas, the guy.

Due to me thinking, apparently wrongly, that this was a Liverpool fans forum and not just a footie forum, I couldn't believe the insults and lack of respect our reds received from members around here. With insults that could be said perfectly in a Manc forum.

IMHO, it's nice that members are protected from insults. But from my point of view,  it's necessary to extend that protection to the players and the manager. That is, I think the mods do a great job protecting the members from abuse. I'd just like to extend that protection to 23 people more, and that would be the players and the manager. Yes, they are not here posting, but we come here to support them, so they are part of our communnity.

If someone says my posts are shít, that's ok. He's talking about the posts. He'll get a card when he systematically insults me personally (Or alternatively I'll be asked to have patience with the insulting guy :) ).

Similarly, I don't find problems to read Lucas' football is shíte, or a team selection of Rafa is silly. But I'm outraged when I see them insulted for things like being sent off. Hello, in football, these things happen, criticise the players action, don't call him a cúnt.

So, Lando, when he sees that insults, he is as offended as me, but he doesn't refrain from paying with the same coin. You haven't seen Lando insulting Mick the poster, because Mick is anti Rafa, but has never insulted Rafa. You see the guy insulting the guys that insult Rafa and the players. It's quite an obvious pattern. Lando gets cards when the team underperforms and those opportunistic insults appear.

What I mean is this. It's nice to keep the members of this forum protected from insults. But as long as the players are insulted, there will be Landos. If Lando gets banned it will be me who'll go out of his normal self (often Lando's answers save my protests). So if Lando is banned, I am banned, because like himself I always thought this was a Liverpool forum, first and foremost.

If someone says "oh don't overreact to those insults to the players" then I expect that someone not to overreact to Lando's answers. The cards delivery indicate that it's Lando who's in fault and just Lando. But from my point of view, when players like Kuyt are insulted personally, not his football, that's as offending as if a member is insulted.

I know it's just my point of view, but if you want to erradicate insults from newkit, you have to know what triggers them in the first place. And you have to ask if the players, as guys, have to be respected in the same extent as the posting members of this forum.

I think that if a little more respect to the players was observed, you'd see a surprising effect: Lando's insults would diminish in a 88%. Extending the good protection the mods provide to the members to the 23 members of the first team, wouldn't harm Newkit Football Chat whatsoever, IMHO, as there's a direct relationship between personal insults to players and managers and how discussions that lead to cards are started.

It's a bit like lack of rotation and hamstring injuries relationship. Cause-effect. The lame gazelle effect (Just a final comment to lighten up the mood and to wake up Bigmick :D)

Not trying to negotiate anything here. I just have my own opinion about what causes most of the fights around here.

Here here Sabe.. I've read rubbish like 'Kuyt giving Rafa a BJ' .. that is so low and things like that really do drive ppl mad .. so bring back LANDO cos every forum needs a Lando who will tell it like it is  :buttrock

UP RAFA BENTIEZ's REDS  :nod
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:26 pm

zarababe wrote:
Sabre wrote:

Here here Sabe.. I've read rubbish like 'Kuyt giving Rafa a BJ' .. that is so low and things like that really do drive ppl mad .. so bring back LANDO cos every forum needs a Lando who will tell it like it is  :buttrock

who is BENTIEZ?

:d
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Judge wrote:
zarababe wrote:
Sabre wrote:

who is BENTIEZ?

:d

Pmsl Judge you fool  :D

On another side, so what if you don't like what somebody say's you can't just keep abusing them, you cannot justify that by being in the (I would walk over hot coals for Rafa)
frame of mind.

If you abuse people on the street like that you would pobably end up getting done over, it's just stupid.
Last edited by mistyred on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:50 pm

mistyred wrote:If you abuse people on the street like that you would pobably end up getting done over, it's just stupid.

I wouldnt abuse you Misty Ive seen the size of yer :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:51 pm

Ciggy wrote:
mistyred wrote:If you abuse people on the street like that you would pobably end up getting done over, it's just stupid.

I wouldnt abuse you Misty Ive seen the size of yer :D

seen the size of his what?  :oops:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:52 pm

dawson99 wrote:I wouldnt abuse you Misty Ive seen the size of yer :D

seen the size of his what?  :oops:[/quote]
Yer is scouse for you :D

Although in Mistys case there is a certain saying but Im not saying it here  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:53 pm

There are some posters on here that can :censored: off, I've said it before many times I think?  I have a bad memory but if I haven't I'm saying it now.  Anyway some people on here should just be carded and sent to go on about their business (ala Petar) for the stuff they constantly post over and over regarding how much Rafa and Liverpool suck etc etc.  Go find another forum to annoy if you're gonna be ignorant and just moan and whinge all the damn time.  A lot of the newbie posters already deserve a ban, annoying little b@stards.
Zidane

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Zidane wrote:Yeah some forums protect the team and the players more than they do the members of the forum.  There are some posters on here that can F off,

Name names come on :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Sabre banned?

What the f*ck?!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum