My support for lando - Because of recent comments.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:52 am

red37 wrote:
Maybe its that people are reporting abusive posts more now, whereas in the past they either retaliated in kind or just ignored the abuse
   :oops:

:;):

Just to be clear.... I have never reported ANYONE for abusive posting, but dont get any ideas, I am willing to start  :D
account deleted by request

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:03 am

what the fuck has happened here then?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:11 am

s@int wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:I've been reading the forum for about a year and have seen a lot of abuse vented without recieving cards, then all of a sudden after we designate lots of Mods, he recieved cards for fairly mild abuse. It is also clear it depends on who you are before you get a card. btw i do not agree with the deleting of posts, suspend, card, warn who you like, but let abusive posts stand so that we can all see the character and personality of the poster.

Also Ciggys point on cliques, maybe because you have been here a long while you don't see them as such, but its clear there are some, on a number of occassions when spats occur the same members defend each other or attack the same poster, just my opinion.

I don't know the reasons behind Lando's cards, I missed whatever argument he had and with whom. I just presume that when an abusive post is reported it is treated more seriously by the MODS than if it is just seen by them whilst reading a thread.

Maybe its that people are reporting abusive posts more now, whereas in the past they either retaliated in kind or just ignored the abuse.

There is also the fact that with having more MODS there is usually one handy, whereas in the past there was probably none available until after the dust had already settled.

When I started on here there where a few cliques, but I don't really see much evidence of them now. Obviously there are people who's opinions and posts are held with more regard than others, people like Bigmick, Red37, Bamaga man etc. People that obviously know their football and even when you don't agree with what they are saying, leave you thinking.

I do think we have a few to many argumentative posters (trolls) who seem more interested in starting/winning arguments than Liverpool , but I suppose you get them on any site.

What is certain is that people are airing views today that would have been slapped down hard when I first started. Whether thats a good thing or a bad thing I am not sure.

Thank you for mentioning my name Saint.

That tenners in the post.
66-1112520797

Postby shanks72 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:16 am

Hey....leave Lando alone.... :angry: :D

after all he is the Official Newkit Hunk  :p :;): :wwww

Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:19 am

shanks72 wrote:Hey....leave Lando alone.... :angry: :D

after all he is the Official Newkit Hunk  :p :;): :wwww

That photo ruined half my jokes!!!!! The other half were that bad they didn't need ruining  :(
account deleted by request

Postby shanks72 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:27 am

:D
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:32 am

adamnbarrett wrote:what the fuck has happened here then?

Some people are having a massive bumming session.
LFC2007

Postby babu » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:35 am

s@int wrote:
red37 wrote:
Maybe its that people are reporting abusive posts more now, whereas in the past they either retaliated in kind or just ignored the abuse
   :oops:

:;):

Just to be clear.... I have never reported ANYONE for abusive posting, but dont get any ideas, I am willing to start  :D

This post has been reported. The Mods are on the way to your house right now. You have 15 mins to clear out

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:37 am

LFC2007 wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:what the fuck has happened here then?

Some people are having a massive bumming session.

You werent mentioned by me ! just for the record....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:45 am

i can clear this up, both lando and myself were given final warnings to not respond to each other or even mention each other in the open forum as he chose (by his own admission recently in another thread) to continue the sabre spat that was about one year ago. sabre and i have no problem so i don't see why lando has when it was nothing to do with him in the start and nothing to do with him now. we were both warned about abusive posts, lando continues to be abusive without any warnings at the moment so maybe the rules changed and the final warning isn't in force anymore, i don't know, you will have to ask the mods.

i abided by the ruling, lando didn't and was carded. simple really

(no doubt i will get a card now for referring to him in the open even though he has continued referring to me without being carded in the past week)
112-1077774096

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:56 am

peewee wrote:i can clear this up, both lando and myself were given final warnings to not respond to each other or even mention each other in the open forum as he chose (by his own admission recently in another thread) to continue the sabre spat that was about one year ago. sabre and i have no problem so i don't see why lando has when it was nothing to do with him in the start and nothing to do with him now. we were both warned about abusive posts, lando continues to be abusive without any warnings at the moment so maybe the rules changed and the final warning isn't in force anymore, i don't know, you will have to ask the mods.

(no doubt i will get a card now for referring to him in the open even though he has continued referring to me without being carded in the past week)

From what ive read it is allowed to open up a topic which can involve the partys arguing about a topic to contine that argument as long as it is made clear what partys are involved. How about a new title being added to the main page labelled Personal Spats or something? that way the mods can move the necessary arguments to that thread without ruining it for other posters ! hey im onto something here.....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:01 am

Kharhaz wrote:
peewee wrote:i can clear this up, both lando and myself were given final warnings to not respond to each other or even mention each other in the open forum as he chose (by his own admission recently in another thread) to continue the sabre spat that was about one year ago. sabre and i have no problem so i don't see why lando has when it was nothing to do with him in the start and nothing to do with him now. we were both warned about abusive posts, lando continues to be abusive without any warnings at the moment so maybe the rules changed and the final warning isn't in force anymore, i don't know, you will have to ask the mods.

From what ive read it is allowed to open up a topic which can involve the partys arguing about a topic to contine that argument as long as it is made clear what partys are involved. How about a new title being added to the main page labelled Personal Spats or something? that way the mods can move the necessary arguments to that thread without ruining it for other posters ! hey im onto something here.....

no mate, i have no need to argue, despite his dislike for me i do not actually dislike lando, i just don't see the point of him taking up the mantle of a year old argument that is related to someone else. personally i think its more due to the fact that we see rafas management differently and he chose to drag that up, i don't know, you would have to ask him.

i would rather see the forum without any abuse, if someone has a different idea then why resort to personal abuse, why call someone a f*cking idiot when their view has just as much validity, surely it would be better to just put your view and hope its accepted
112-1077774096

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:08 am

I usually try to be fair and explain my reasons/actions etc...
And this is no different. Kharhaz has made his views felt and people have responded to that. Fine. But i see this thread turning into something it should not down the line...and for that purpose, im just going to suggest to all parties, if it starts to descend into a blame him/i never did anything wrong type of discussion. It will be closed. Sorry, but i can see it coming.

Behave.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:13 am

peewee wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

no mate, i have no need to argue, despite his dislike for me i do not actually dislike lando, i just don't see the point of him taking up the mantle of a year old argument that is related to someone else. personally i think its more due to the fact that we see rafas management differently and he chose to drag that up, i don't know, you would have to ask him.

i would rather see the forum without any abuse, if someone has a different idea then why resort to personal abuse, why call someone a f*cking idiot when their view has just as much validity, surely it would be better to just put your view and hope its accepted

Yeah thats true, personal abuse isnt nice, and uncalled for but from what I see of many people on this forum and from our estate mind ! its natural, bad language and insults are common in how we say hello to each other ! other people will get hey how ya doing? I'll get now then you Effing ole B.astard ! Maybe its just easier to insult the people you have a better understanding off.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:23 am

red37 wrote:I usually try to be fair and explain my reasons/actions etc...
And this is no different. Kharhaz has made his views felt and people have responded to that. Fine. But i see this thread turning into something it should not down the line...and for that purpose, im just going to suggest to all parties, if it starts to descend into a blame him/i never did anything wrong type of discussion. It will be closed. Sorry, but i can see it coming.

Behave.

well strange that i enter the thread, give no abuse whatsoever and explain something that all of a sudden you threaten to lock the thread. why you ever thought it would be anything different is beyond me, there would always be two camps on this and the thread should have been a non starter and locked straight away.

i will reiterate, i have posted in here to give a reason for landos cards, pure and simple, i have not bad mouthed him or said anything out of order, i have better things to do with my time to be honest.

yes i think this thread should be locked, i think it should never have been started as its obvious what will happen, but then it seems on here now you prefer cure rather than prevention
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum