Recent bans

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:38 pm

s@int wrote:Some people would gain a lot of popularity if they did leave :laugh:

Yep, I hear you make a lot of popularity points when you're not in newkit and you're playing your XBOX  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:45 pm

This place seriously needs to chill out.  Let's all just free our minds of strife by contemplating fit women meditating :nod

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:46 pm

Ciggy wrote:The way I see it is, Once upon a time, there was a newkit clique, woof, ciggy, zara, peewee, lando, and a few more where in it.

Things got nasty........
The cliques split up to form other cliques and take sides, lando still holds a grudge over Sabre, the others hold a grudge with lando.....

I hold a grudge with Stu and vice versa.

Most of the warnings and bans (apart from WUMS) are from things that happened in the past that people wont or dont want to let go of.

Thats the way I see it  :nod

:laugh: Those were the days when the foum only had 30 regular members and half of them where "alter ego's"    :laugh: .

Now we've got loads of regulars , half of them are still "alter ego's" , the other half are just the same old kunts.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:48 pm

Sabre wrote:
s@int wrote:Some people would gain a lot of popularity if they did leave :laugh:

Yep, I hear you make a lot of popularity points when you're not in newkit and you're playing your XBOX  :D

Bit difficult that as I don't have an x-box. Maybe you should try it though I have heard thats all your good for playing sneaky games.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:05 pm

Now we've got loads of regulars , half of them are still "alter ego's" , the other half are just the same old kunts.

It's not true that there are grudges that last forever. 2 years ago I disliked you a lot, now you're more decent :D. Same as Barry.

I'm more than ready to get over a fight if in the other side there's intention of stop the stupid fighting. And I can forget everything in minutes because it's the internet, nobody dies.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:17 pm

mistyred wrote:Funny people you lot :D .

But you know it's true, i have nothing against anybody, and i admit
when we lose due to stupid errors and mistakes it hurts like hell.

I can only get up tp Anfield about 7 times a year cos i'm always at work
but can go to away games of  most of the time, and sing my lungs out.

I see people at matches who look at each other weird and have opposing veiws
but don't call each other the kind of names that we do on this forum.

I blame Judge :(

and i blame moaning misty  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:25 pm

mistyred wrote:
Judge wrote:
zarababe wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Having had a chance to square up and dust off the usual insults, I hope that certain individuals can now go back to ignoring each other.  In fact, I'll insist on it.  I'll also insist that football threads be dominated by football chat.  Flame wars, wind-up attempts and other instances of internet gangsterism will be dealt with swiftly and decisively because this is, after all, a football forum first and foremost. 

This is, after all, a football forum first and foremost.

Well, when I decided to look for a place to improve my knowledge about Liverpool, I searched the forums complete set.

Out of this set, I picked the football subset.

And out of this sub-set I picked Liverpool fans sub set.

So when I joined newkit I never thought I joined just a football forum. I have Spanish forums about the premier league, in which pretty much I could discuss about Liverpool even with people that know quite a lot of football and our club.

IMHO, this is a Liverpool Football Club forum first, and foremost. And second, important, but not that much, it's a football forum.

In that scenario, I expected a minimum respect towards the players, and manager. I do like criticism, I do like reading thoughts about if we should try something else different of Rafa does. I do expect someone saying certain's player football is being cráp as of late. Criticism, within the realms of respect to the player and the manager.

One of the reasons I started to love Liverpool were your ambassadors. John Aldridge, John Toshack, Kvarme, Westerveld, served well my local club, but also acted as an ambassador of Liverpool football club. They talked about The Cop. About Hillsborough. About The Truth. Why did they so in an unknown northern Spanish town? Because they are reds, and they're reds wherever they are.

And I soon checked when I was a teenager all this stories of Aldo and Toshack were true. And I saw the support of Liverpool fans in the tv, and the games. In good times, and bad times. That support still can be seen a lot in Anfield. And a true admiration and teenager love was created from that.

So for my information about Liverpool back in 2004, I chose not a general premier league football forum, but a forum of Liverpool fans. With the values that I was taught by Toshack and Aldo. With the values of that unconditional and loyal support.

So I certainly expect to read a player is not good enough and he'll never be. But I can't digest heavy and direct insults to the players as a person, not a footballer. I can digest someone saying Lucas' football is shít, but I can't digest someone insulting Lucas, the guy.

Due to me thinking, apparently wrongly, that this was a Liverpool fans forum and not just a footie forum, I couldn't believe the insults and lack of respect our reds received from members around here. With insults that could be said perfectly in a Manc forum.

IMHO, it's nice that members are protected from insults. But from my point of view,  it's necessary to extend that protection to the players and the manager. That is, I think the mods do a great job protecting the members from abuse. I'd just like to extend that protection to 23 people more, and that would be the players and the manager. Yes, they are not here posting, but we come here to support them, so they are part of our communnity.

Because this is not just a football forum, but a Liverpool Football Club forum.

If someone says my posts are shít, that's ok. He's talking about the posts. He'll get a card when he systematically insults me personally (Or alternatively I'll be asked to have patience with the insulting guy :) ).

Similarly, I don't find problems to read Lucas' football is shíte, or a team selection of Rafa is silly. But I'm outraged when I see them insulted for things like being sent off. Hello, in football, these things happen, criticise the players action, don't call him a cúnt.

So, Lando, when he sees that insults, he is as offended as me, but he doesn't refrain from paying with the same coin. You haven't seen Lando insulting Mick the poster, because Mick is anti Rafa, but has never insulted Rafa. You see the guy insulting the guys that insult Rafa and the players. It's quite an obvious pattern. Lando gets cards when the team underperforms and those opportunistic insults appear.

What I mean is this. It's nice to keep the members of this forum protected from insults. But as long as the players are insulted, there will be Landos. If Lando gets banned it will be me who'll go out of his normal self (often Lando's answers save my protests). So if Lando is banned, I am banned, because like himself I always thought this was a Liverpool forum, first and foremost.

If someone says "oh don't overreact to those insults to the players" then I expect that someone not to overreact to Lando's answers. The cards delivery indicate that it's Lando who's in fault and just Lando. But from my point of view, when players like Kuyt are insulted personally, not his football, that's as offending as if a member is insulted.

I know it's just my point of view, but if you want to erradicate insults from newkit, you have to know what triggers them in the first place. And you have to ask if the players, as guys, have to be respected in the same extent as the posting members of this forum.

I think that if a little more respect to the players was observed, you'd see a surprising effect: Lando's insults would diminish in a 88%. Extending the good protection the mods provide to the members to the 23 members of the first team, wouldn't harm Newkit Football Chat whatsoever, IMHO, as there's a direct relationship between personal insults to players and managers and how discussions that lead to cards are started.

It's a bit like lack of rotation and hamstring injuries relationship. Cause-effect. The lame gazelle effect (Just a final comment to lighten up the mood and to wake up Bigmick :D)

Not trying to negotiate anything here. I just have my own opinion about what causes most of the fights around here.

Here here Sabe.. I've read rubbish like 'Kuyt giving Rafa a BJ' .. that is so low and things like that really do drive ppl mad .. so bring back LANDO cos every forum needs a Lando who will tell it like it is  :buttrock

UP RAFA BENTIEZ's REDS  :nod

who is BENTIEZ?

:d

Pmsl Judge you fool  :D

On another side, so what if you don't like what somebody say's you can't just keep abusing them, you cannot justify that by being in the (I would walk over hot coals for Rafa)
frame of mind.

If you abuse people on the street like that you would pobably end up getting done over, it's just stupid.

how am i the fool, i can spell
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Judge wrote:how am i the fool, i can spell

Because dear watson you are a proper p!sstaker and you make me laugh.

It was a term of enderment but alas lost on Judge.

Ban him  :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:30 pm

Yay Lando's back... I lurve the solidarity on here Sabe is cool !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:32 pm

And BTW Lando, the mates are right to ask some moderation in the insults. Despite I know it's difficult to ignore some insults to the team, try to talk more about the excellent football of some of our players rather than wasting time with Heimdall. You need a couple of months of calmness. Here's a deal, you go to the bench in the Rafa police, and I deal with the Heimdalls and Raffmakers for a while ok? :D

Deal?
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:37 pm

mistyred wrote:

Bum me  :D

err........no thanks
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 pm

Judge wrote:
mistyred wrote:

Bum me  :D

err........no thanks

Feck off  :angry:  :D

Dirty chutney ferret  :no
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Sabre wrote:And BTW Lando, the mates are right to ask some moderation in the insults. Despite I know it's difficult to ignore some insults to the team, try to talk more about the excellent football of some of our players rather than wasting time with Heimdall. You need a couple of months of calmness. Here's a deal, you go to the bench in the Rafa police, and I deal with the Heimdalls and Raffmakers for a while ok? :D

Deal?

OK mate, I'll try.

Touching on what you have said in this thread, I have to agree. Some people seem to think that they can get away with insulting Kuyt, Rafa, etc, when all they ever do is try their best for the club. If they spat the dummy out whenever they were subbed and showed complete disrespect for their teammates, then they would perhaps be deserving of "he's a disrespectful w*nker." If they spit at opposing fans, again, they deserve to be insulted as people, not footballers.

But they don't. Rafa's "outbursts" in the press are milder than a Spanish winter. It's just that certain posters blow it out of all proportion because they feel that it justifies their arguments against the gaffer. They obsess over every single word, even when common sense says he's done nothing new.

People say "Rafa's not even in the same league as Ferguson", and bemoan that he is nothing like the Scot. The same people then throw their arms up like they have been shot when he takes a leaf out of the jock's book and rips into an opposition manager.

Let me digress:

People on here believe they are entitled to their opinions without being subjected to abuse, yet they then sit there and abuse the staff. I can only assume, therefore, that they feel they are somehow more important or valued than the playing staff and Rafa.

They are not.

Put quite simply, Rafa Benitez and his players mean more to me than the members on here. They represent the club we are reputedly here to support. Ergo, I will always side with them in a "fight" where they are receiving unnecessary and undeserved abuse.

Stop the "Fat Spanish Waiter", "s*cks Rafa's c*ck to get a game", "Rafa's bumboy" sh*t, or expect to get abused.

And we all know I will gleefully raise the bar and come down on you like a literary ton of bricks. Whether or not you understand or agree with the content, the motives should be clear.

Your choice - pack in insulting the heroes who represent the club you apparently support, or accept what that brings.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Well said Lando - respect towards referees has been a campaign .. we need to show some on here towards the ppl who seek to bring success to our great club!
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:24 pm

great post lando which i think unfortunately will be lost of quite a number of people on here but i agree with it 100 per cent .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum