Is internet censorship on the rise? - Mass bans at football365

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby greenred » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:27 am

Many posters at another football chat board were banned after discussion of the gay footballers story last week.Are people discussing these issues on a public forum...A..expressing their freedom of speech or.....b...putting the forum at risk by exposing it to threats of litigation?

http://forum.football365.com/index.p....22f401f

ps...this is not an excuse to talk about the gay footballers as its nobodies business but their own.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:38 am

Well I think it's f*cking pathetic TBH.

Shall we all sue Gary "I'm a c*nt" Neville for his attacks on LFC fans?

Shall we sue red-nosed Fergie for saying LFC need only play for 5 minutes?

Shall we sue Moris for saying Luis' goal didn't cross the line?

Shall we? 'Cos at the rate our wank-hole country is going, it'll be libelous to fart in your own bedroom. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:41 am

Footballers put themselves in the public eye,they make millions and live a life we could only wish for!

So people cant be surprised if we all gossip!! As for gays well they dont annoy me in the slightest TBH!!
Take our very own JUDGE for example...baltently queer as a bottle of chips..or camp as a row of tents if ya like...but we all tolerate him and treat him as a an equal on here!!! :laugh:

So why should footballers be any different??
As long as Ashley Cole keeps his Nob away from me im not interested where he puts it!!!

As for banning people from forums for discussing scandal..well thats just wrong...enough said!!
66-1120597113

Postby Sabre » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:52 am

As long as Ashley Cole keeps his Nob away from me im not interested where he puts it!!!

And more importantly, dozens of nice girls wouldn't be in his bed, and thus somewhere waiting for us.

But back to topic, Greenred, the problem is not the internet but some sites. There will always be possibility to  communicate freely on the internet, perhaps not in some sites, that have propaganda or are funded by third parties and those sponsors put their rules. But yes in others.

I'm happy of that freedom speech at some extent. Meaning, I like people talk freely and even anonymously, but it's provoking me nausea how some BASt+ards are using this freedom to talk and share photos of unnacceptable things, children related. Many people is being arrested here in Spain because of that (that's to be pursued, not copying a DVD!) and the most worrying thing about it is that they're Teachers! military men!! apparently respected people!! :down:

It's a long debate, and I wouldn't know from where to start, but I don't think speech freedom is at risk on the internet as a whole.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:56 am

This country is going right down the toilet, im sorry but its true. With the government employing a nanny state affair on us and everything from smoking to even discussing things now being deemed wrong i dunno what will happen next.

I started a rumour thread on here about the footballers story. But if thats not allowed then the rumour mill has to go as well. we cant say that a certain player will join liverpool as it could unsettle the player and cost millions for him... its madness.

I smoke, drink, eat red meat, and say what i mean and usually mean what i say. The day i cant do this is a sad day indeed
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:59 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Footballers put themselves in the public eye,they make millions and live a life we could only wish for!

So people cant be surprised if we all gossip!! As for gays well they dont annoy me in the slightest TBH!!
Take our very own JUDGE for example...baltently queer as a bottle of chips..or camp as a row of tents if ya like...but we all tolerate him and treat him as a an equal on here!!! :laugh:

As for banning people from forums for discussing scandal..well thats just wrong...enough said!!

no fucking christmas card for barry this year  :veryangry

:D  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:01 am

Judge wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:Footballers put themselves in the public eye,they make millions and live a life we could only wish for!

no fucking christmas card for barry this year  :veryangry

:D  :D

Sorry Daaaaaaaaling!!! :laugh:  :rasp
66-1120597113

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:04 am

wtf, baz, you can keep yer nob and ashleys away from me................ok :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:06 am

True Dawson!!!
Everyone should be allowed to say exactly what they want !!Fu.ck all this p/c sh.ite..it makes me ill!!

If people are so hypersensitive that they get offended by other people veiws and opinions they should!!

Stay indoors
Dont read papers
Dont watch TV
Dont listen to the radio
Stay off the internet
Avoid contact with others and buy a poodle to fill the hours of boredom that lie ahead !!

Freedom of speech for all!!! :laugh:  :buttrock
66-1120597113

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:08 am

poodle :D

does that extend to getting drunk also?? :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:08 am

I dunno but looking around this forum , it should be :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:09 am

laza wrote:I dunno but looking around this forum , it should be :D

laza, im off to western Oz later this year, then over to the gold coast, should be good  :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:10 am

as sabre mentioned this is a complex argument and i too wouldn't know where to start. i think internet censorship is beginning to become an issue, but also internet users are becoming more savvy. there will always be new ways to keep speech free until the internet is banned completely. when the mainstream news couldn't handle various world situations satisfactorily the job was done brilliant by news blogs and independant observers.

in a case such as this one the reason is probably more legal in the normal sense. there is more than likely a libel case waiting to happen and in such instances alll reportage is usually clamped down on. the fear is that biased public opinion, one way or the other, will influence any legal decsions - much the same way as when someone is charged but not convicted for murder. and in such cases i'm right behind this kind of thinking - the vestiges of fairness we have left in our legal system are still an example to many countries.

the internet will continue being as free as it possibly can. just thank your lucky stars you don't live in china, iran, libya etc etc etc...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:10 am

judge, what the feck has u going to oz got to do with censorship?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:12 am

doesnt AnnieAdorer live in china, and he posts what he likes
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum