My support for lando - Because of recent comments.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:27 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Thanks to those who have stated their support, btw.

No worries.  :D
66-1112520797

Postby EddieC » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:31 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Thanks to those who have stated their support, btw.

No worries.  :D

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:36 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I must have imagined the qualification that allows me to teach English up to A level standard, then...

You assume that I am an ignoramus with sub-par communication skills and an inability to participate in "sensible and intelligent discussion". You fail to understand the vast majority of my posts, then assume they're incorrect, or at least scattered with falsehoods.

You then assume that I use prophanities as a veneer to disguise my "lacking vocabulary".

Assumptions can be dangerous, my friend.  :;):

I did say first impressions, I have no doubt that you can discuss sensibly and intelligently, you just seem to enjoy insulting people and I’m still ticked off you burnt my ears off for little than questioning facts presented by yourself.

I was just stating my opinion, as I say you have made decent points, not all I support, but ones that I respect, but as you know I dislike the usage of profanities so must of your posts put my nose out of joint.

I shall say no more on this subject, but I am not an imbecile.  *folds arms and sulks*
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:47 pm

Wilhelmsson, you do seem a bit of an old fuddy duddy though.
66-1112520797

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:51 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Wilhelmsson, you do seem a bit of a fuc.king bell end.

:nod
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Wilhelmsson, you do seem a bit of an old fuddy duddy though.

These are the ways on which I was raised.  I also support Leon’s quotation strongly, he is correct.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:01 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:

These are the ways on which I was raised.  I also support Leon’s quotation strongly, he is correct.

I might come to church with you next Sunday then.
66-1112520797

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:02 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:

:D  :buttrock
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:06 pm

Bamaga man wrote:I might come to church with you next Sunday then.

Religion, no sir I have not time for religion, you can come and join me at monthly book club next Sunday, as I believe it’s the next meeting.
Wilhelmsson

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:54 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I might come to church with you next Sunday then.

Religion, no sir I have not time for religion, you can come and join me at monthly book club next Sunday, as I believe it’s the next meeting.

:laugh:   :D
66-1112520797

Postby zarababe » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:08 am

Lando is cool - so leave him alone !

I have to say that I agree totally with Ciggs - we used to have so many laffs on here - its a shame that the fun has been taken out of the place and things have become so personal and vandetta like - I mean how many of us 'realy' know each :D . The internet is a very powerful 'thing' but it should not rule our lives - we love Liverpool FC and all of us want the club to be successful - so lets try and get on a bit ay !

But Lando lad those insults are cool -  I luv reading them :D :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:44 am

I've been reading the forum for about a year and have seen a lot of abuse vented without recieving cards, then all of a sudden after we designate lots of Mods, he recieved cards for fairly mild abuse. It is also clear it depends on who you are before you get a card. btw i do not agree with the deleting of posts, suspend, card, warn who you like, but let abusive posts stand so that we can all see the character and personality of the poster.

Also Ciggys point on cliques, maybe because you have been here a long while you don't see them as such, but its clear there are some, on a number of occassions when spats occur the same members defend each other or attack the same poster, just my opinion.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:34 am

It is also clear it depends on who you are before you get a card

Is it? - Not from my point of view.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:39 am

redtrader74 wrote:I've been reading the forum for about a year and have seen a lot of abuse vented without recieving cards, then all of a sudden after we designate lots of Mods, he recieved cards for fairly mild abuse. It is also clear it depends on who you are before you get a card. btw i do not agree with the deleting of posts, suspend, card, warn who you like, but let abusive posts stand so that we can all see the character and personality of the poster.

Also Ciggys point on cliques, maybe because you have been here a long while you don't see them as such, but its clear there are some, on a number of occassions when spats occur the same members defend each other or attack the same poster, just my opinion.

I don't know the reasons behind Lando's cards, I missed whatever argument he had and with whom. I just presume that when an abusive post is reported it is treated more seriously by the MODS than if it is just seen by them whilst reading a thread.

Maybe its that people are reporting abusive posts more now, whereas in the past they either retaliated in kind or just ignored the abuse.

There is also the fact that with having more MODS there is usually one handy, whereas in the past there was probably none available until after the dust had already settled.

When I started on here there where a few cliques, but I don't really see much evidence of them now. Obviously there are people who's opinions and posts are held with more regard than others, people like Bigmick, Red37, Bamaga man etc. People that obviously know their football and even when you don't agree with what they are saying, leave you thinking.

I do think we have a few to many argumentative posters (trolls) who seem more interested in starting/winning arguments than Liverpool , but I suppose you get them on any site.

What is certain is that people are airing views today that would have been slapped down hard when I first started. Whether thats a good thing or a bad thing I am not sure.
account deleted by request

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:41 am

Maybe its that people are reporting abusive posts more now, whereas in the past they either retaliated in kind or just ignored the abuse
   :oops:

:;):

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum