Liverpool V Villareal - Europa Semi 2nd leg - Thurs 5th May

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:38 am

Klopp needs to earn his corn here. We pay him millions, he needs to put this round to bed at Anfield.

I'll be optimistic though...   Liverpool 3 v 0 Villareal
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 03, 2016 9:06 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 02, 2016 7:22 pm wrote:I'm a bit bemused as to why the thread for the game at their place has been locked ,truth is I'm actually more than a touch fucked off its been closed for no other reason than posters wanting to discuss what happened  rather than what's going to happen .....Please, for the love of God don't start policing the place like they do at RAWK ,as  what makes this place so special is we can keep threads alive and revisit when the need arises.

Rant over !!!!

Mate, the thread was locked in order to encourage conversation in this thread for the forthcoming game. Having said that if you still want to talk about the away leg all you've gotta do is ask for the thread to be re-opened (now done), no problem,  this isn't RAWK

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Tue May 03, 2016 9:34 am

redshade » Tue May 03, 2016 12:33 am wrote:
C-R » Mon May 02, 2016 10:32 pm wrote:Just wanted to post this, got it from a sometimes reliable source that Emre Can is in contention to play on Thursday

EDIT: Express now reporting this too http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... Final-News

I thought his out for the rest of the season...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... d-11274378
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue May 03, 2016 9:47 am

He will be carefully assessed by Klopp and Liverpool's medical staff over the next few days as Liverpool prepare for what is now the biggest game of their season.

JK: 'You're playing on Thursday'
EC: 'I can't even walk'.
JK:  'You're playing on Thursday'
EC: 'I could do my ankle again after 3 minutes'.
EC: 'Ok boss'.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue May 03, 2016 9:59 am

Reg » Tue May 03, 2016 9:47 am wrote:He will be carefully assessed by Klopp and Liverpool's medical staff over the next few days as Liverpool prepare for what is now the biggest game of their season.

JK: 'You're playing on Thursday'
EC: 'I can't even walk'.
EC: 'I could do my ankle again after 3 minutes'.
EC: 'Ok boss'.

:laugh:  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 11:47 am

redshade » Mon May 02, 2016 11:43 pm wrote:If we do play Benteke, as some have suggested, where will the service come from? Milner is our only player who can whip in a decent ball at times. The others can't cross accurately.

Personally i would like to see this attack.

Milner lucas

Lallana  Firminho Coutinho

Sturridge

Should be enough attacking flair. If it don't work then possibly plan B benteke 2nd half.

Don't forget though mate that this mob have drawn against Barcelona and Atletico and beaten Real Madrid so they have faced down the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Neymar, Benzema etc and come away with a result and the fact they have the second best defensive record in La Liga suggests that they are more than comfortable facing teams who try to play through them.
As impressive as that front 4 of ours that you've posted is, they have faced much better and held out.
It was the ariel route which saw off Dortmund in the end (our last 2 goals were headers scored by our CB's) and I've got a feeling that to really get these flapping at the back we might have to adopt the same approach again.
I'm not talking about ale house footy where we just boot the ball up the pitch, I'm talking about playing good footy but having a physical presence in the box, just like the last 20 minutes against Dortmund.
The great thing about Benteke is that the crosses don't have to be great, a simple looping lob will do, he might not be able to score off a lob but he can knock it down into the danger area for chaos to ensue.
A fired up crowd + plenty of crosses + Benteke is the way to rattle Villarreals solid defence IMO. As Damjan said a good old fashioned high tempo English style performance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 12:06 pm

I'd start the game like this, it's not worth being too kamikaze from the start, Allen and Milner can push forward and try to help the forwards by putting crosses in/getting on the end of knock downs etc.
As the game wears on though if we are still behind I'd start taking CM's off and replacing them with the likes of Lallana and Sturridge. If they score I'd go 3 at the back, pack the team with forwards/AM's and just throw the kitchen sink at them.

Mingolet

Clyne.              Toure.             Lovren.          Moreno

Milner           Lucas.           Allen

Coutinho.         Firmino

Benteke
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 03, 2016 1:16 pm

The first goal is the most important so we should play Can and Sturridge from the off.

We have to score first, it's do or die.  :lookaround
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 03, 2016 2:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 11:47 am wrote:I'm not talking about ale house footy where we just boot the ball up the pitch, I'm talking about playing good footy but having a physical presence in the box, just like the last 20 minutes against Dortmund.
The great thing about Benteke is that the crosses don't have to be great, a simple looping lob will do, he might not be able to score off a lob but he can knock it down into the danger area for chaos to ensue.
A fired up crowd + plenty of crosses + Benteke is the way to rattle Villarreals solid defence IMO. As Damjan said a good old fashioned high tempo English style performance.

I know where you're coming from with this Yakka  BUT what worries me is that Benteke although capable (?) of being a monster just hasn't shown it with us.

So often he seems to have just been on a different page from the rest of the team AND how many times have we seen him when one on one with the keeper just fluff it ?

Would love to see the fella succeed but on performance so far I just don't have confidence in him. At best I'd have him on the bench.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 03, 2016 2:45 pm

woof woof ! » Tue May 03, 2016 8:06 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 02, 2016 7:22 pm wrote:I'm a bit bemused as to why the thread for the game at their place has been locked ,truth is I'm actually more than a touch fucked off its been closed for no other reason than posters wanting to discuss what happened  rather than what's going to happen .....Please, for the love of God don't start policing the place like they do at RAWK ,as  what makes this place so special is we can keep threads alive and revisit when the need arises.

Rant over !!!!

Mate, the thread was locked in order to encourage conversation in this thread for the forthcoming game. Having said that if you still want to talk about the away leg all you've gotta do is ask for the thread to be re-opened (now done), no problem,  this isn't RAWK

Ok mate ,I was a bit touchy yesterday ,I apologise for even suggesting this place could reach anywhere near the ridiculous level of control and policing on RAWK.
It was just I had typed a response to Eagles brief but astute post ,and before I could submit it the thread was locked.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 03, 2016 2:57 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 03, 2016 2:45 pm wrote:Ok mate ,I was a bit touchy yesterday ,I apologise for even suggesting this place could reach anywhere near the ridiculous level of control and policing on RAWK.
It was just I had typed a response to Eagles brief but astute post ,and before I could submit it the thread was locked.

You know what they say about comedy Red, it's all about timing !

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 3:10 pm

To be fair to RBG how annoying is it when you write out a long, well thought out response to another post and then something mad happens like you press the wrong button or your wi-fi jibs it and the whole effin lot disappears into the ether :laugh:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 03, 2016 3:12 pm

woof woof ! » Tue May 03, 2016 1:57 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 03, 2016 2:45 pm wrote:Ok mate ,I was a bit touchy yesterday ,I apologise for even suggesting this place could reach anywhere near the ridiculous level of control and policing on RAWK.

You know what they say about comedy Red, it's all about timing !

:D

:laugh:  So true !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 03, 2016 3:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 2:10 pm wrote:To be fair to RBG how annoying is it when you write out a long, well thought out response to another post and then something mad happens like you press the wrong button or your wi-fi jibs it and the whole effin lot disappears into the ether :laugh:

Its even more infuriating when given we are supposedly entering the 'wise old sage like' age , you then cant remember the f*cking thing  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 3:33 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 03, 2016 2:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 2:10 pm wrote:To be fair to RBG how annoying is it when you write out a long, well thought out response to another post and then something mad happens like you press the wrong button or your wi-fi jibs it and the whole effin lot disappears into the ether :laugh:

Its even more infuriating when given we are supposedly entering the 'wise old sage like' age , you then cant remember the f*cking thing  :laugh:

:laugh:
What someone posts after their work disappears into the ether is usually the funniest thing.
Where the original draft might have been a long, reasoned, thoughtful appraisal of the deficiencies in a certain players game, after all their work goes west they usually just write something like - 'sell the c**t'  :D
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games