Liverpool V Villareal - Europa Semi 2nd leg - Thurs 5th May

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby eds » Thu May 05, 2016 12:10 am

1 out of 9 points, 6 goals conceded 0 goals scored in their THREE AWAY fixtures against the three best Spanish sides I listed.

They have also LOST to last place, 2nd last and 4th last in their league this season AWAY.

That's enough to point out they are a good side at home but DON'T travel that well.

Not sure why we were all huffing and puffing last week when we lost 1-0 when we have seen them get results at home against the world's best sides.

Coming to Anfield will be a completely different story. If we show up, dictate the play and tempo (as per RBG's comments) and score early they will be trouble.

It's frightening how "optimistic" some of you all are  :suspect:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby algymoon » Thu May 05, 2016 11:39 am

I am afraid Villareal  will prove to be a difficult team to beat tonight, it is more difficult than the German in previous round.
Taking in consideration our recent form and leaky defence I personally not having high hope of a positive outcome in our favour, I seriously think we have missed our biggest chance in away game as Villereal were there to be beaten easily and we should came back with 0-2 lead! It was a gross mistake and bad tactics. I think it will be another all Spanish finial of Europa cup and as it is in C/League, despite all of that I wish our lads the best of luck for tonight game, and I wish if they can prove me wrong.
algymoon

Postby C-R » Thu May 05, 2016 11:59 am

algymoon » Thu May 05, 2016 11:39 am wrote:I am afraid Villareal  will prove to be a difficult team to beat tonight, it is more difficult than the German in previous round.
Taking in consideration our recent form and leaky defence I personally not having high hope of a positive outcome in our favour, I seriously think we have missed our biggest chance in away game as Villereal were there to be beaten easily and we should came back with 0-2 lead! It was a gross mistake and bad tactics. I think it will be another all Spanish finial of Europa cup and as it is in C/League, despite all of that I wish our lads the best of luck for tonight game, and I wish if they can prove me wrong.

Keep the faith mate, we will dominate these tonight, just like a dominatrix and her slave  :eyebrow

The Anfield crowd and all our players will rise to the occasion and we will show Europe that this is the final countdown
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Thu May 05, 2016 12:57 pm

C-R » Thu May 05, 2016 10:59 am wrote:
algymoon » Thu May 05, 2016 11:39 am wrote:I am afraid Villareal  will prove to be a difficult team to beat tonight, it is more difficult than the German in previous round.

Keep the faith mate, we will dominate these tonight, just like a dominatrix and her slave  :eyebrow

The Anfield crowd and all our players will rise to the occasion and we will show Europe that this is the final countdown

I sincerely hope so Mate, I have good faith in Anfield crowd and that might prove vital. Good luck
algymoon

Postby leeroy74 » Thu May 05, 2016 3:05 pm

I might have to smoke a joint as big as a rolled up axminster carpet just to keep calm tonight.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Thu May 05, 2016 3:06 pm

This will be very tough. I think we will do it, but don't expect us to roll over them. They are fourth in the league over there, but outside of Real, Barca and Athletico the rest of the division is pretty mediocre.

Quality wise we are on a par, if not slightly better.

The midfield and front three (whoever Klopp picks) will have to run their balls off, and the defence has to be right on point too.

My starting line up for what its worth
                                                             Mig
Clyne                         Lovren                                      Kolo                             Moreno

Can (if fit, if Not Milner)                        Hendo

Milner (If Can fit otherwise Lallana)       Coutinho                                     Lallana (If Can not Fit Firmino)

Sturridge

Firm not in as I prefer Milner to these sorts of games for his delivery and sheer work rate but if Can is unfit then I would juggle and bring him in.

Come on you redmen!!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 05, 2016 3:14 pm

I wouldn't let Hendo anywhere near the game. He can watch in the same pub as Benteke.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu May 05, 2016 4:24 pm

:laugh:

I don't wholly disagree, but he is a good passer and has a terrific engine. Ball retention will be key.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 05, 2016 4:52 pm

My gut is telling me we're gonna need at least THREE goals tonight .

Can't wait to see the teamsheet.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Thu May 05, 2016 5:04 pm

Yeah same here i feel Villareal will score against our shaky defense. If we somehow manage a quick 2-0 lead like we've done many times in hoping we dont take the food off the pedal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu May 05, 2016 6:13 pm

Agree with others that they will score and we will regret not being more positive in Villareal.

That first leg was poor and might be the killer blow for our final hopes.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu May 05, 2016 6:34 pm

try and think positive everyone.

if we get knocked out tonight we won't have to worry about losing in the final.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu May 05, 2016 6:51 pm

Starting eleven for tonight's match...

Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge.

Subs...

Ward, Benteke, Lucas, Allen, Skrtel, Ibe, Smith.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu May 05, 2016 6:51 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Very offensive line up , looks like we're going for broke   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games