On mascherano

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 7:30 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
GYBS wrote:People would prob have to pay over 10 million pound for them pair - to make players available you have to pay over the odds - look at keane - prob 10 mil over what he is worth - barry - 10 million over what he is worth . To get the top strikers like villa you will have to cough up 40 mil ish - tevez is a very good shout at 30 mil (which includes signing on fees and wages so transfer fee is around 20 mil ) .

Are you saying Cahill an Lescott would cost 10 million for the pair of them.

Not a chance if you are i hate saying it because there bitters  but youd get more than that for each one of them. Its killing me saying this but one is a good good defender an the other a good midfielder , there ive said it there both good :(

sorry nanny i meant each one would cost over ten million each - with cahill i reckon hitting 15 mil
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 11, 2009 7:46 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
GYBS wrote:People would prob have to pay over 10 million pound for them pair - to make players available you have to pay over the odds - look at keane - prob 10 mil over what he is worth - barry - 10 million over what he is worth . To get the top strikers like villa you will have to cough up 40 mil ish - tevez is a very good shout at 30 mil (which includes signing on fees and wages so transfer fee is around 20 mil ) .

Are you saying Cahill an Lescott would cost 10 million for the pair of them.

Not a chance if you are i hate saying it because there bitters  but youd get more than that for each one of them. Its killing me saying this but one is a good good defender an the other a good midfielder , there ive said it there both good :(

It does hurt Nan , but if truth be told £30 mill (or a little bit less) for Tevez OR a similar amount for Cahill AND Lescott I know which way i'd jump.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 7:48 pm

where would cahill play ? great player for everton but plays in the gerrard role - lescott would be a good signing for a back up behind carra and agger and skrtel but i would take jagelkia before lescott
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 11, 2009 8:04 pm

GYBS wrote:where would cahill play ?

:laugh:

Sorry GYBS, didn't realise after your why not play Tevez on the left suggestion that positioning was that important in this discussion.   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 8:10 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
GYBS wrote:where would cahill play ?

:laugh:

Sorry GYBS, didn't realise after your why not play Tevez on the left suggestion that positioning was that important in this discussion.   :D

ok woof - cahill plays up front and behind a striker - both areas where gerrard plays - is cahill better -?

Tevez over the last couple of season has played up front on his own , played with another striker , played deep behind a striker , played out left and played out right and produced the goods - hence why i suggest tevez would be a very good signing as he give us optiions we lack - he can play up front with torres , he can fill in for  torres if torres is out injured , he can play right instead of kuyt of left instead of reira and he can score goals  from those areas and can provide a bit of a creative edge from those areas as he has already done it for his club and country
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 11, 2009 8:18 pm

But is Tevez worth  £30 million (or as you put it, a little bit less) ? . Good player that he is , I think some are getting a bit carried away with the hype.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Mon May 11, 2009 8:20 pm

If we have 30Mil for Tevez then we should use that to get David Silva as he can play on either wing.

And anyway I don't think we have that much to spend on 1 player. 20Mil maybe but not 30.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 8:21 pm

woof woof ! wrote:But is Tevez worth  £30 million (or as you put it, a little bit less) ? . Good player that he is , I think some are getting a bit carried away with the hype.

tbh woof no i dont think he is worth 30 mil as a transfer fee but as a package then yes i think he is including wages and signing on fees - but how many players these days go for what they are worth ? not many
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 8:23 pm

i would prefer someone like silva over tevez and would prefer us to spend that sort of money on someone like silva or a ribery etc but cant see it happening .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Thats what I just said you cheeky git.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 11, 2009 8:24 pm

:D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 8:25 pm

sorry bav didnt see your post :laugh:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 11, 2009 8:25 pm

:p No worries.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon May 11, 2009 8:26 pm

bavlondon wrote:If we have 30Mil for Tevez then we should use that to get David Silva as he can play on either wing.

And anyway I don't think we have that much to spend on 1 player. 20Mil maybe but not 30.

Thank you , sense at last, but i wouldnt even pay that much for him an all
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Yeah true, but I was just using that as an example as Silva could play both wings so he would be more useful.

I think if Rafa can get Silva for under 25Mil he may try for him. The only thing we are lacking is some more firepower up front and a bit of suring up at the back so he would be worth it.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion