On mascherano

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 11, 2009 6:21 pm

GYBS wrote:WHy wont we spend that much on one player and whats to stop tevez play out left ?

Christ sake GYBS. Maybe we won't spend £30 million on a player because he's not actually worth £30 million ? Especially if you can't define a position for him. Tevez on the left ? F'ucks sake lad get real.

ps . If we're gonna chuck money around , I hear that Van Persie is unsettled at Arsenal , i'd rather go for him and he'll cost substanially less than Tevez ( and btw he can actually play on the left)
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon May 11, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 6:37 pm

Excuse me but whats wrong with tevez doing the kuyt role on the left ??? watch him play for man utd and see the areas he moves into woof and you will see the role he plays for them doesnt invlove sitting in the centre .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 11, 2009 6:40 pm

GYBS wrote:Excuse me but whats wrong with tevez doing the kuyt role on the left ??? watch him play for man utd and see the areas he moves into woof and you will see the role he plays for them doesnt invlove sitting in the centre .

Well excuse me as well, £30 million for that ? like i said GET REAL.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Mon May 11, 2009 6:42 pm

So who would you spend 30 million on Woofer if not Tevez if teh swag was available?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 6:42 pm

as well as being able to play through the middle , play out right play up front on his own , play as a second striker to torres , someone with great skill and ability and has proven to score goals in the prem and europe and on the international stage and someone who isnt injury prone and spend most of the season in the physio room (just like van persie)
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 11, 2009 6:56 pm

Reg wrote:So who would you spend 30 million on Woofer if not Tevez if teh swag was available?

Great question Reg, worthy of a thread of it's own.

TBH mate, I'd have to think long and hard before I shortlisted and splashed out that amount on one player, I don't think however that as good or "allegedly" versatile as he is, for £30 million Tevez would be top of my list.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon May 11, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Im pretty sure tevez wont be top of everyones list but its about the players we can get and who is available - we can name players like villa etc but chances of getting him are slim to none - Tevez is prob close to the top of the list of top class players that we can get and i expect it wouldnt be for 30 mil it would be a bit cheaper .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon May 11, 2009 7:08 pm

I agree with Woof theres no way id splash out 30 million on Tevez. Of course id like him here but not for that amount of money. Id pay 20 tops, an then id be pushing it. If your gonna spend big money on a player an stick him out on the left or right , you might as well pay that money for an established  world class winger , What i cant understand is why the Mancs havnt offerd him nothing, there must be something in that,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 11, 2009 7:12 pm

Just to go slightly off topic for a minute...

Woof you mention Van Persie, and so have others.  I have a few mates who are Arsenal fans and they'd be only too glad for Van Persie to be taken off their hands.  They tell me he does nothing in games apart from what you see on MOTD.  His all round contribution is poor by their accounts.  Given I don't watch him play 90 minutes I can't really give my own opinion on this, but that's what they tell me.  If that's true and he doesn't pull his weight then I can't see him being a Rafa signing.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Im pretty sure tevez wont be top of everyones list but its about the players we can get and who is available

And there's the rub. do yer bid £30 mill or "a little bit less" on an admittedly top player because he's available ? or do you hold on to yer cash and look for alternatives .

OK I'm going completely off the wall here BUT how much would dyer think Tim Cahill or Julian Lescott would cost to make them available ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon May 11, 2009 7:19 pm

john craig wrote:Just to go slightly off topic for a minute...

Woof you mention Van Persie, and so have others.  I have a few mates who are Arsenal fans and they'd be only too glad for Van Persie to be taken off their hands.  They tell me he does nothing in games apart from what you see on MOTD.  His all round contribution is poor by their accounts.  Given I don't watch him play 90 minutes I can't really give my own opinion on this, but that's what they tell me.  If that's true and he doesn't pull his weight then I can't see him being a Rafa signing.

I know a few Arsenal season ticket holders and ive been to see them a few times over the years so ive seen and heard quite a lot of Van Persi. I wouldnt go as far to say that Arsenal fans want to get rid off Van Persie, they dislike Adebayor a lot more, but he is a very lazy player and drifts in and out of games and of course he's a well known sick note. He has quality but dosnt show it enough to be considered a world class player IMO, id say he's good but i wouldnt rate him at over £15m.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 7:20 pm

People would prob have to pay over 10 million pound for them pair - to make players available you have to pay over the odds - look at keane - prob 10 mil over what he is worth - barry - 10 million over what he is worth . To get the top strikers like villa you will have to cough up 40 mil ish - tevez is a very good shout at 30 mil (which includes signing on fees and wages so transfer fee is around 20 mil ) .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 11, 2009 7:21 pm

Fair do's John, I'm not a regular at the emirates (  :D  )  and admittedly have to judge the fella on the motd screenings, when he does play however he always looks top of the shop, I'll get my medical team to have a look at him and get back to yer.   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 11, 2009 7:27 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

Fair do's John, I'm not a regular at the emirates (  :D  )  and admittedly have to judge the fella on the motd screenings, when he does play however he always looks top of the shop, I'll get my medical team to have a look at him and get back to yer.   :D

Cheeky :censored: :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon May 11, 2009 7:28 pm

GYBS wrote:People would prob have to pay over 10 million pound for them pair - to make players available you have to pay over the odds - look at keane - prob 10 mil over what he is worth - barry - 10 million over what he is worth . To get the top strikers like villa you will have to cough up 40 mil ish - tevez is a very good shout at 30 mil (which includes signing on fees and wages so transfer fee is around 20 mil ) .

Are you saying Cahill an Lescott would cost 10 million for the pair of them.

Not a chance if you are i hate saying it because there bitters  but youd get more than that for each one of them. Its killing me saying this but one is a good good defender an the other a good midfielder , there ive said it there both good :(
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion