Mascherano - Ready?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:54 am

Javier Mascharanho has just finished 5 months of solid Premiership and European Cup football. He then went on to play in Argentina's Copa America. With the Argies getting to the final Mascharanho is going to be shattered, will he be fit for the start of the season or will we have to wait until mid September to see him back in and around the starting 11, by which time Sissoko or Gerrard may have cemented that central midfield role along side Alonso, so Mascharanho may have already lost his place.

views?
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby babu » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:01 am

To be fair, he didn't play that many games in the first half of the season at WHU. And Rafa rotated him during the last 6 months at LFC. I doubt Rafa will be taking him on the preseason tour (does anyone know the team sheet yet?)

So i would be very surprised if he were not ready for the start of the season.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lio » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:48 am

You are one of those who just gets me boiling, WTF !

Cant you open your eyes to stroll down just only 4 days ago a last posting made on the same subject … ‘mascherano’,
in the thread ... 'Is mascherano already signed?'
lio

Postby mungi » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:44 am

well his been given 10 days off by rafa and will not tour hong kong with the rest of liverpool but stay and train with the reserves. this should be suffiecent
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:12 pm

Off the official site

EXTRA TIME OFF FOR MASCHERANO
Paul Eaton 17 July 2007 
  Rafael Benitez today revealed Javier Mascherano will be given extra time off after playing in the Copa America. 
Mascherano - who saw his Argentina side crumble to a 3-0 defeat to Brazil in Sunday's final - will miss the Reds' trip to Hong Kong next week and will instead train at Melwood as he gets ready for the new season.

"Mascherano will have ten days off, but when he returns he will stay at Melwood with the reserves," said Benitez.

"There would be too much travelling for him to come with us to Hong Kong. We don't want to kill the player before the start of the season.

"It was a pity for Mascherano Argentina didn't win in the Copa America."
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:41 pm

lio wrote:You are one of those who just gets me boiling, WTF !

Cant you open your eyes to stroll down just only 4 days ago a last posting made on the same subject … ‘mascherano’,

what does the post mean pal, nobody is inquiring in this particular thread wheter or not Mascheranho is signed or not
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby lio » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:09 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
lio wrote:You are one of those who just gets me boiling, WTF !

what does the post mean pal, nobody is inquiring in this particular thread wheter or not Mascheranho is signed or not

Well it simply meant you need not have to start a new thread, sir.

Every thread has a ‘subject to a new topic’ and in this case is ‘Mascherano’ rite?
So why can’t we post anything or everything concerning mascherano to the already existing available thread ?

The problem we have in this forum is just too many ‘similar threads’ and so making readings of those constructive opinions so so difficult. More so when we wanted to make reference a month later, a ‘search’ result will take you to lots of repetitions.

Don’t you agreed that topics like ‘LIVERPOOL VS WERDER BREMEN’ for example, where everyone logs in and share updates or just post a personal opinion to a one and only thread, where it's such a joy to be in there on match day?

We need not have to wait for moderators to clean up all the time for us. We can do our little for kind consideration to other users.
lio

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:23 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Javier Mascharanho has just finished 5 months of solid Premiership and European Cup football. He then went on to play in Argentina's Copa America. With the Argies getting to the final Mascharanho is going to be shattered, will he be fit for the start of the season or will we have to wait until mid September to see him back in and around the starting 11, by which time Sissoko or Gerrard may have cemented that central midfield role along side Alonso, so Mascharanho may have already lost his place.

views?

What I think is this:

You talk b*llocks.

And guess what? I'll tell you for why:

Mascherano played 7 league games between Argentina's exit from the World Cup '06 and his debut for us in January 2007.

Tired? He should hit the f*cking ground running, you thick, arrogant c*nt.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:21 am

its a good point i think, yes at the start of the season he should be at mid season levels of fitness for other players, but come the middle of the season, around xmas time he will have in effect played a full season while other played half a season.

its a valid point mate and dont let the bullies get to you.

so in answer to your question, yes it will affect him but not at the start of the season, but towards xmas he should start to feel tired after his 'in effect' full season.

the people who are having a go at you mate are the ones who were making excuses about tiredness for our world cup players last season

also i do notice you never say he has played a full season and state that he played a large number of games after signing for us in january so its obvious you are aware what you are talking about in relation to the ammount of games he played..

i dont think he will exactly hit the ground running as he will have about 4 weeks between competitive matches but his fitness levels should be ok
112-1077774096

Postby babu » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:04 am

I dunno peewee. I understand your points, i think. BUT... the only thing i think he has missed out on, is a break from football althogether, to recharge the mental batteries.

He has been training since before august last year, over a year without break. But i wonder how many full games he has played in that time as well as his total  minutes on the pitch in that time. Surely to be physically tired come december, it would have to be up around the mark set by SG last season. IMO he's not even close to that.

sorry a bit of a ramble, but you get my drift.

*edit: and besides i reckon Rafa will rotate the mid field a fair bit this season.
Last edited by babu on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:31 am

and dont forget about kewell, he is still playing in a tournament now, that will last another few weeks, and last season he played loads of games...

on his playstation   :D
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:34 pm

peewee wrote:its a valid point mate and dont let the bullies get to you.

the people who are having a go at you mate...

Why don't you give th poor cherub one of these, too?

Oh, and don't forget the talc when you change his nappy.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:36 pm

:D

Dont forget the rattle Lando.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby westhamrob » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:58 pm

there is still a month till the season starts planty of time for him to get fit
westhamrob

Postby Owzat » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:36 pm

Well I've been on here about five minutes and apparently performances in the Werder Bremen game are to some the definitive answer as to who is good and who isn't of the new signings - Voronin must be making people eat words cause he played well and Babel is a waste of money, all based on one game! Now apparently Mascherano might be out of contention because he's played in the Copa America. It's bad enough reading prats in papers grading summer signings and they cream all over chelski and the mancs and run down our chances. Yeah right! Torres is one of the biggest signings of the summer, the mancs haven't strengthened their team much and chelski's big signing is reportedly injured already! I'm guessing they rated Benayoun more when he played for West Ham and everyone has focused on Babel's scoring record - he's only young ffs. Voronin cost diddly and frankly I think we've done as well in the transfer market as anyone. Arguably the very best buy is Sanli cause he cost zip

I'm sure Rafa will rotate the squad and therefore I reckon Mascherano will get plenty of opportunity.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion