Mascherano - Would he fit?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby policy » Fri May 06, 2005 9:40 am

Mascherano (Argentina, River Plate) seems to be a name thrown about by big clubs looking for midfielders. From what little I know, he is a very very solid midfielder that is pretty physical. He is probably looking for some glory and could be enticed by the CL champions.

Although we probably couldn't afford him, would he fit in the club? We have great midfielders already, but I always worry about our depth. Please share your knowledge and enlighten me about your opinions of Senor Mascherano.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri May 06, 2005 9:59 am

Never heard of him, and his transfer sounds like total conjecture and pie in the proverbial sky.

Hardly a reason to start a new thread ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Fri May 06, 2005 10:05 am

Agreed Leon. I just wanted to know if Mascherano would be someone that we would be interested in if we could afford him.

Arsenal were after him when Vieira was thought to leave.

When Mourinho's interest in Gerrard started cooling last week, Mascherano was mentioned as someone that he would be going after instead.

Does anyone have anything to say about Mascherano? ??????
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Fri May 06, 2005 10:07 am

policy wrote:Mascherano (Argentina, River Plate) seems to be a name thrown about by big clubs looking for midfielders. From what little I know, he is a very very solid midfielder that is pretty physical. He is probably looking for some glory and could be enticed by the CL champions.

Although we probably couldn't afford him, would he fit in the club? We have great midfielders already, but I always worry about our depth. Please share your knowledge and enlighten me about your opinions of Senor Mascherano.

Brilliant player....and Mascherano was going to go to Real Madrid, but the Brazilian team Corinthians have ALREADY bought him for next season, so forget it there's no chance of him coming.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Fri May 06, 2005 10:14 am

http://www.tribalfootball.com/april/englishnews6300405.html

Not a totally reputable site for some, but they say that Chelsea has bought him from Corinthians.

Anyone with more information? ??????
Any Argentinians in the house?
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby Hamza » Fri May 06, 2005 10:17 am

The boy has extrem talent and is the next argentinine player to be dubbed "the next maradona" i don t know if he is that good but if chelsea are turning away from gerrard for him he must have something about him.
Hamza

Postby policy » Fri May 06, 2005 10:50 am

What is scary is that things are just getting started with Abramovich. He isn't satisfied with his uber team and is trying to control all of the up and coming talent in the world.

He is starting to make Spain subsidization of Real Madrid with look like child's play. :angry:
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby JC_81 » Fri May 06, 2005 12:43 pm

Not seen the boy play but apparently he's a real talent.  I've also heard he's signing for chelski next season
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby iolsi » Fri May 06, 2005 4:58 pm

he's a very good player but a little bit small  :/
if you remember matias almeyda, he has the same style but also he  has good technical skills
il you don't know almeyda......  he's a little bit like roy keane, hard tackles, good influence....
iolsi

Postby andy_g » Fri May 06, 2005 5:15 pm

isn't he a kind of cherry?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Fri May 06, 2005 5:35 pm

Yeah...theoretically Mascherano is playing fo Chelski next season cos Makelele is nearly retiring..or maybe he cant play at top level the whole season. And talking about Abramovich, yes, hes gonna burst the "market" hes not only signing players to play for Chelski but also for them not to play for their main rivals in Europe...its what he has done with this subject...hes signed him to play for another one of his teams all over the world just to wait till mourinho needs him here. Why do I hate that club more and more each day? :angry:
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion