Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dunc09 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:02 pm

are you going to wembley sambre o no i will take you a picture
dunc09

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:31 pm

Nice one Masch. Nip it in the bud before any silly rumors surface. :;):

Liverpool star Mascherano knocks back chance to join up with Kaka at Real Madrid

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 5:03 PM on 06th April 2009

Javier Mascherano has told Real Madrid he has no intention of leaving Liverpool for the Spanish giants.

The Argentina midfielder is reported to be in the sights of Florentino Perez, who hopes to return as president at the Bernabeu in the summer.

Former West Ham player Mascherano, 24, is seen as the perfect holding midfielder to build a solid foundation alongside Lassana Diarra as Madrid look to remodel the rest of their side around a raft of new attacking players.

Sportsmail understands the La Liga champions are growing increasingly confident they will be able to sign Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo for £75million in the summer, while reports in Spain suggest a deal is done with AC Milan for the £55m capture of Kaka.

It is unlikely the club would sign both and Chelsea and Manchester City would rival them for the signature of the 26-year-old Brazilian.

But Mascherano appears unmoved by the project and his mentor Kia Joorabchian says that the Argentina captain is going nowhere, according to Spanish newspaper Sport.

Madrid are also understood to have been knocked back with a quiet approach for Steven Gerrard, who signed a new deal with Liverpool last week.

But they are determined to strengthen the midfield and have Spain internationals Xabi Alonso, also from Liverpool, and Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas on a short list of targets.

Meanwhile, Perez is said to have gone cold on the idea of appointing Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti as the next boss at the Bernabeu, even if it would help to sign Kaka.

Former Spurs coach Juande Ramos is likely to be replaced in the summer, but Perez is said to prefer either Villarreal coach Manuel Pellegrini or Arsenal's Arsene Wenger.

-----------

I love this guy to bits. He is so passionate every time I see him. Glad he is a red!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am

MASCH `HAPPY` BUT UNCERTAIN ON FUTURE

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has admitted he is unsure whether his long-term future lies at Anfield.

As the Reds continue their pursuit of Premier League leaders Manchester United, the Argentina skipper thinks it is possible he could have to move.

And while he admits he is happy at Liverpool, the midfielder knows if a club comes in with a tempting offer for his services he may have to move on.

But for now he is focused on overhauling United's lead, starting with the clash with Newcastle on Sunday.

"For now the main thing is to try to win the league and then I will have to think about what I am going to do but I am good here," he told Sky Sports News.

"I can't say anything bad about Liverpool as a city or as a club because they were great with me but obviously you never know what is going to happen because if some club can come here with a good offer and the club say 'ok you have to go' then I will leave - you don't know."

With the Red Devils three points clear of Liverpool with a game in hand and time running out fast, Mascherano believes it will be tough for his side to overhaul the leaders but has vowed to keep up the pursuit.

"We have chances to win the League but it is not easy (it) depends on United so we have to win all the games while waiting for United to drop some points.

"We are in a race but it is difficult now; they are in good form but we know they have some difficult games so maybe they can drop some points.

"The most important thing is to try to win all the games for us. If we can win all the games then maybe we have a chance but if we cannot win (them all) then it will be difficult."

------------------------------

Sounds to be like he would sign a new contract here but if Rafa wanted to sell him he would happily go. I really like Masch but I can see Rafa selling him ahead of Xabi.

On SSN he also mentioned if utd didnt want Tevez he would try to bring him to Liverpool.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 01, 2009 10:24 am

It sounds pretty similar to what Alonso said yesteryear, he wants to stay, but there are things that are not up to him.

I'd be extremely dissapointed with Rafa if he sold Mascherano. You can't give Alonso  5 year contract and say the day you do he's a key player, and then remove him they key position and put him a price 7 months later.

Well that part I can understand, but meanwhile he did that he said Mascherano was a key player, and clearly very important for us, so I'd be dissapointed if Rafa changed his mind this season and offloaded Mascherano.

Rafa has to focus in the positions that didn't work.

God, I sound AntiRafa and all in this post!!  :laugh:
Last edited by Sabre on Fri May 01, 2009 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Fri May 01, 2009 10:30 am

We have arguably the best midfield in the league (Masch, Alonso and Gerrard) and I'm pretty confident Rafa won't break it now. This is all media bullsheet..... Masch's words sound familiar to those of Torres' when he was interviewed and asked where he'd like to move after Liverpool.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby tubby » Fri May 01, 2009 10:33 am

I hope he doesn't break it up either but it could be a case of we need to make money to buy and if Rafa can see another player coming in for one of these two at half he price whilst doing the same job then he will have to take it. I'm sure personally he would not want to but this is the situation we are in financial wise. And whilst the ownership situation is still not sorted it means Rafa will have to resort to these measures to get his transfer targets.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fergiesnortswhisky » Fri May 01, 2009 10:53 am

not allowed to start posts so putting this up here.PURPLE AKI LOCKED UP.am at work so cant write more.daily mirror page 23.lot of threads been on rawk about this guy in the past.bizarre.
fergiesnortswhisky

Postby DrPepe » Fri May 01, 2009 10:54 am

fergiesnortswhisky wrote:not allowed to start posts so putting this up here.PURPLE AKI LOCKED UP.am at work so cant write more.daily mirror page 23.lot of threads been on rawk about this guy in the past.bizarre.

it;'s on his wiki page too  :D
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby fergiesnortswhisky » Fri May 01, 2009 11:30 am

just looked at wikipedia.had no idea he was such a nutter.bet the kids in pool are dead chuffed! last post here,sorry wrong place all.UP THE REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fergiesnortswhisky

Postby tubby » Fri May 01, 2009 11:35 am

Whats that got to do with Masch? This isnt general chat mate. Post that in the dog and gorilla thread ect....

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion