Is mascherano already signed?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:36 pm

bavlondon wrote:Ok so I thought id bump this up before some numpty goes and opens a new thread.

So im sure we are all in agreement that Javier is a good player and should be a main part of Rafas plans for next season. Now we have seen most of our core players sign long terms new contracts and extensions so is Rafa looking to get him signed up aswell? Just out of curiosity is he at the Copa America right now aswell?

I just dont want to see him snapped up by someone else as hes still on a load period.

Yes hes at the copa, he played the full match the other day.

I hope we sign him up but I am still unsure as to whether we can, or if he will be put up for auction at the end of his loan.
account deleted by request

Postby Red Red Tom » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:37 pm

I'm pretty sure we bought out his contract for 10 million, at which point he became a free agent, we then signed him on an 18 month contract and a free transfer - i.e. his contract, like Garcia/Kewell's will expire at the end of the coming season.  I'm sure Rafa will renew his contract sooner rather than later.

That's my understanding anyway.
Red Red Tom

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:39 pm

FFS Are you serious? Ill be very :censored: of if he end up leaving at the end of the season. He probabaly would have done well at a number of big clubs but lets hope he remembers what Rafa done to get him from a team fighting relegation to a team in a 2nd Euro final in 3 years. When he talked to the media he sounded quite greatful and generally had good things to say about the team and Rafa so id be upset and surprised if he was just using us to springboard to another team.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:41 pm

Red Red Tom wrote:I'm pretty sure we bought out his contract for 10 million, at which point he became a free agent, we then signed him on an 18 month contract and a free transfer - i.e. his contract, like Garcia/Kewell's will expire at the end of the coming season.  I'm sure Rafa will renew his contract sooner rather than later.

If you read this whole thread you will laugh!

Why would he be bought out for £10m when that's the type of fee he was purchased for by MSI, it's widely reported and accepted that he's on an 18month loan deal from MSI.
LFC2007

Postby Red Red Tom » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:41 pm

When you leave LFC the only way is down.  Or so it will be at the end of the coming season - I'm sure he'll stay for years to come.  Don't painic.  :;):
Red Red Tom

Postby Red Red Tom » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:46 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Red Red Tom wrote:I'm pretty sure we bought out his contract for 10 million, at which point he became a free agent, we then signed him on an 18 month contract and a free transfer - i.e. his contract, like Garcia/Kewell's will expire at the end of the coming season.  I'm sure Rafa will renew his contract sooner rather than later.

Why would he be bought out for £10m when that's the type of fee he was purchased for by MSI, it's widely reported and accepted that he's on an 18month loan deal from MSI.

I only skipped like 6 posts...:(  obviously missed some important stuff.  I've heard the stuff about the 18 month loan deal, but from what I've heard it's an 18 month deal as an LFC player, perhaps I'm wrong, or perhaps we are paying for him in installments over the 18 month period?  I don't know, but surely if he is on loan it will be pretty cheap to buy out the last week or whatever of his contract AT THE END of that period?  Like any club, surely MSI will lose him if he doesn't resign with them?  Perhaps his contract with them is up in 18 months and he has a verbal agreement to join us?  I admit it's confusing (hell I'm confused writing this) but I'm fully confident he'll stay with us for a long time.
Red Red Tom

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:48 pm

Red Red Tom wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

I only skipped like 6 posts...:(  obviously missed some important stuff.  I've heard the stuff about the 18 month loan deal, but from what I've heard it's an 18 month deal as an LFC player, perhaps I'm wrong, or perhaps we are paying for him in installments over the 18 month period?  I don't know, but surely if he is on loan it will be pretty cheap to buy out the last week or whatever of his contract AT THE END of that period?  Like any club, surely MSI will lose him if he doesn't resign with them?  Perhaps his contract with them is up in 18 months and he has a verbal agreement to join us?  I admit it's confusing (hell I'm confused writing this) but I'm fully confident he'll stay with us for a long time.

To be fair no-one really comprehensively knows but it's fairly clear that it's an 18 month loan deal from MSI, at the end of that or as to whether there is a buy out clause we just don't know.
LFC2007

Postby Red Red Tom » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:55 pm

But... but... but... my friend's brothers goldfish...was in the Sandon and told me.... ah forgetid...  He's obviously class - Rafa will do what needs to be done.
Red Red Tom

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:24 pm

Red Red Tom wrote:But... but... but... my friend's brothers goldfish...was in the Sandon and told me.... ah forgetid...  He's obviously class - Rafa will do what needs to be done.

:laugh:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby username » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:26 am

and he scores again!
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:58 am

hmmm... i've just read this... I wonder whether future player ownerships will be like this... which IMO sucks...

this means that MSI owns tevez and mascherano and they parade them in front of prospective clubs... and if the clubs are interested they sign them "temporarily" for a period of time for a certain fee... after that period is up they have to pay again for another period of time or MSI parades them to other clubs again... wtf...

10 million for 18 month "ownership" is too expensive IMO... this is not including player wages which I presume LFC still needs to pay....

so... my questions

how long does MSI own these players? forever? what is the agreement between MSI and the players? does MSI pay the wages when the player is not registered with any club? (which IMO should be the case cause otherwise why would the player agree to sign with MSI?)

how are personal terms (like wages) negotiated with the club interested? are the wages already set by MSI?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:56 am

MSI own sort of like "shares" in the player meaning when he moves on for a big transfer they get a chunk of the fee. But i think once those rights have been bought out they no longer own the rights. Thats my understanding of it anyway. Im sure Rafa and the club laywers have looked into all the contractual details well in advance before we signed him so if there were any potnetial issues then he wouldnt have wasted his time on him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:44 pm

The irony of these Mascherano and Tevez dealings is just now dawning on me.  We're stacked with CMs and starved for strikers/creative attackers, while the Mancs have never really replaced Keane yet have plenty of options going forward.  So, it probably would have made more sense on paper for us to get Tevez and them to get Mascherano.  It's a funny little game, huh? :laugh:

(For the record, I think Mascherano's been brilliant for us and I hope we sign him permanently...this was just an observation.)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:The irony of these Mascherano and Tevez dealings is just now dawning on me.  We're stacked with CMs and starved for strikers/creative attackers, while the Mancs have never really replaced Keane yet have plenty of options going forward.  So, it probably would have made more sense on paper for us to get Tevez and them to get Mascherano.  It's a funny little game, huh? :laugh:

(For the record, I think Mascherano's been brilliant for us and I hope we sign him permanently...this was just an observation.)

that was precisely what i was thinking... you read my mind... :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby .:RedKuyt:. » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:20 pm

he is our player
.:RedKuyt:.

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion