Is mascherano already signed?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mike72 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:30 pm

Or will his signing take a big chunk out of the supposed £40m to be spent in the summer?  I know Leiva and Leto are already in the bag, but I suspect Mascherano would cost a good £12m plus if he is still only on loan...
mike72

Postby NiftyNeil » Sat May 26, 2007 10:32 pm

I think we have the option to by next summer. No money will be paid this year.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat May 26, 2007 10:34 pm

How much after that?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 26, 2007 10:39 pm

Varying prices have been quoted in the papers from £10million up to £18million. I don't think we have any idea really of how much he will actually cost. Maybe a price hasn't yet been negotiated just an option to buy?
account deleted by request

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun May 27, 2007 12:18 am

Personally I thought that we bought out his MSI contract which cost us 12 million pounds?  ???

That's why we're not facing legal battles like West Ham are.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun May 27, 2007 12:22 am

i thought wed already brought him too to be honest
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 27, 2007 12:42 am

I've already posted this in another thread, but I'll say it again.

We've not signed Mascherano permanently, half of him is owned by a Brazilian TV company called "globo" and the other half MSI.

We have him on loan for 18 months, we don't know how much it would cost to buy out his contract but Tevez's release clause is £40m so I assume it would be a fair sum.

We have the registration rights of the player while MSI/globo have the ownership rights.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 27, 2007 12:45 am

I am hoping your right Adam and Dawson, but I read in the Daily Mail May17/18th that we only had him on 18months loan with a fee of £18million to be paid if we wanted to keep him after that. So I have no idea really.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun May 27, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mascherano20 » Sun May 27, 2007 4:15 am

For masch there should be no boundary such as cost?
mascherano20

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 27, 2007 4:44 am

Liverpool pay '£10m' for Mascherano
EXCLUSIVE By MATT LAWTON - More by this author »

Last updated at 10:44am on 21st February 2007

Liverpool have completed the signing of Javier Mascherano after buying him out his contract with private businessman Kia Joorabchian.

But West Ham are still facing the threat of a points deduction for what was described on Tuesday night as the "outrageous behaviour" that led to the Argentina midfielder appearing for them earlier this season.

After a month of careful deliberation between lawyers representing Liverpool, the Premier League and Joorabchian, Mascherano has moved to Anfield in a permanent 18-month deal that is rumoured to have cost in the region of £10million  and made Joorabchian a very wealthy man.

Liverpool initially wanted to sign a player who excelled at the World Cup but flopped at West Ham on loan. But when they realised any such agreement would be in breach of Premier League rules - and in particular rule U18 which forbids a third party having influence over a player - manager Rafa Benitez had to turn to the club's new American owners and urge them to invest in Mascherano.

A Premier League statement said: "The Premier League is satisfied that the contractual arrangements proposed by Liverpool FC are consistent with its rules; particularly that the relationship between club and player is not subject to third-party influence.

"The Premier League is grateful for Liverpool's cooperation and openness at the start and throughout the process. Liverpool also appreciated the Premier League Board were not prepared to sanction this transfer until further information on any third-party involvement in player registrations had been received from all Premier League clubs."

While Liverpool can now include Mascherano in their plans without any fear of reprisals, West Ham will not have to wait long to discover their fate.

One senior football official has told Sportsmail that they are still "in big trouble" after failing to gain clarification from the Premier League before selecting Mascherano and Carlos Tevez, who remains the property of Joorabchian, in their side.

"It's pretty hard to see how it could be a more serious breach of rule U18," said the source. "It would seem they have used a player they should not have been able to register."

West Ham are expected to point to the fact that the club's previous administration - in particular former chief executive Paul Aldridge - were responsible for recruiting the two Argentina internationals and they will also try to suggest that the Premier League did not fully understand their own rules.

But an independent commission appointed to examine the issue may dismiss those arguments, especially if there are any documents in existence that reveal that the club's new Icelandic owners did not question the arrangement with Joorabchian when they took over.

For Mascherano, meanwhile, it is now all about impressing Benitez. If Liverpool decide not to extend his deal beyond the initial 18 months, Joorabchian could be given the option of buying him back.
Daily Mail
---------------------------------

Seems from this we have paid £10million for 18months (I heard we paid £2.5million)

Postby joko » Sun May 27, 2007 4:47 am

the price must have been agreed on the loan contract or it would have not been fair for LFC

they didn't even use him, now we've been building him up and he's far better in terms of shape and confidence 

it would not be fair if they ask us some big money for something we had worked hard on :angry:
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun May 27, 2007 5:38 am

I very much doubt we paid £10m for an 18 month loan.

That would be f*cking scandlous.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun May 27, 2007 5:39 am

LFC2007 wrote:I've already posted this in another thread, but I'll say it again.

We've not signed Mascherano permanently, half of him is owned by a Brazilian TV company called "globo" and the other half MSI.

We have him on loan for 18 months, we don't know how much it would cost to buy out his contract but Tevez's release clause is £40m so I assume it would be a fair sum.

We have the registration rights of the player while MSI/globo have the ownership rights.

Can anyone clarify that (with reliable source) without quoting just his/her opinion?  :lookaround
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun May 27, 2007 5:55 am

Dundalk wrote:How much after that?

Does it matter? he should be signed at all costs! If he isn't signed, I'm gonna be p*ssed.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun May 27, 2007 11:54 am

Can we stop talking as if £40m is the transfer kitty? One of the papers plucked that figure out of the air, and others leapt upon it and have since quoted it as if it's fact.

As for Mascherano, I don't know what the score is with him, but if he's not signed permanently, he certainly should be.
ivor_the_injun

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion