On mascherano

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Fri May 08, 2009 9:59 am

Edit: I just was going to ask the same question of Dr. Pepe.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri May 08, 2009 10:00 am

The Mail and The Mirror. Not to mention Masch himself speaking in an interview a few weeks back. I guess they are just reusing the story.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jono » Mon May 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Javier Mascherano has pledged his future to Liverpool after being linked with a move away from Anfield.

The Argentine ace's future has been the subject of speculation in recent weeks after Mascherano refused to play down talk of a summer switch.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez ruled out letting the former West Ham midfielder leave and Mascherano insists he is happy to stay at Liverpool and help the club challenge for honours

"My future is here," Mascherano told the club's official website. "I am here and I will continue to give 100 per cent. It will always be like this. I think we have taken a big step this season, a really big step.

"In the past three or four seasons Liverpool have lost the league maybe in December or January but this time we are there right at the very end of the season and we still have a chance. This is very important.

"Our job now is to continue to work hard and to improve because we have shown that we can win against the biggest teams."
Chance

Mascherano is also refusing to give up on Liverpool's slim title hopes with the Merseysiders needing arch-rivals Manchester United to slip up if they are to snatch the championship.

United are three points clear and need only four more points to retain the title, but Mascherano is not conceding defeat until it is mathematically impossible.

"We know that we still have a chance so we will be supporting the teams who play against United, but the main thing is that we are doing our own job," he added.

"This has been a fantastic season for Liverpool and we are on target to get more points than we have ever had in the Premier League."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5313218,00.html
You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
jono

Postby tubby » Mon May 11, 2009 3:04 pm

Good lad. That's more like it. Now just bring your fellow countryman Tevez here.  :D
Last edited by tubby on Mon May 11, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dafurf » Mon May 11, 2009 3:26 pm

bavlondon wrote:Good lad. That's more like it. Now just bring your fellow countryman Tevez here.  :D

As much as I know Tevez is "World class" and could do a great job I don`t think he`ll join us for two reasons.
1.We will not spend 30 million on one player in the next Transfer window.
2.He`d get even less games with us than he did at ManU because Gerrard,Torres and maybe Rafa`s favourite Kuyt would limit his games.
Last edited by dafurf on Mon May 11, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Rafa I trust.
dafurf

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 3:33 pm

WHy wont we spend that much on one player and whats to stop tevez play out left ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dafurf » Mon May 11, 2009 3:38 pm

GYBS wrote:WHy wont we spend that much on one player and whats to stop tevez play out left ?

[B]We don`t have the money to spend 30 million on one player and what makes you think Tevez would want to join us to play on the Left wing???
In Rafa I trust.
dafurf

Postby tubby » Mon May 11, 2009 3:40 pm

It's actually 22Mil Utd need to pay for him right? Or is that not including wages?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon May 11, 2009 3:42 pm

dafurf wrote:
GYBS wrote:WHy wont we spend that much on one player and whats to stop tevez play out left ?

[B]We don`t have the money to spend 30 million on one player and what makes you think Tevez would want to join us to play on the Left wing???

well as we dont play with true wingers he wont need to . And how do we know he wont have 30 mil to spend on a player and also will the price be 30 mil ? Im certainly not going to rule him out . he would be a good signing - not ideal but a very good signing .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Mon May 11, 2009 5:22 pm

dafurf wrote:

You only have to look at the way Rooney is being employed at the moment on the left and how effective he has been coming in from that side,I think Rafa sees that(because we had a little chat last night aboou it  :D )and regardss to the money issue he gets about 15m back off the Keane money plus any budget for this summer plus the sale of any players i.e Babel,Lucas and Dossena.

Tevez will be a great signing.

I remember saying that about a certain spurs player last season. :D
roberto green

Postby SuuPeRrSteviieG!! » Mon May 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Sabre wrote:We're already in December and no tribute threads not nor Mascherano talk praising his game?

It's unbelievable I say this but too much praises for Alonso these days, it's time to have a bit of Mascherano talk. He deserves a lot of praise.

It's difficult to be focused in games like yesterday. You're top of the table, you're qualified, you don't play your strongest eleven, you play the second keeper. But it makes no difference for Mascherano, his attitude in his game was superb.

He's an expensive player, but he's worth the last penny Liverpool paid for him.

He's that good at what he does, that some even thought Alonso is a poor holding midfielder in comparison, and Alonso is not a poor holding midfielder he sat down Hamman and he has played the position for Spain (which is not Chile or Norway, with all due respect).

His dirty (aka unseen) work has made possible that Alonso this year goes upper, and while the basque gets the credit, Mascherano hasn't seen that much praise. That's unfair.

So as a conclussion, I don't think Mascherano is doing an average season but a good one, and his work is very sacrificed and ungrateful.

What do you think about his season? Opinions about him?

P.S. Mods, as soon as I posted, I realised the Mascherano is out thread has been recovered, please do the merging if you wish. Do it without fear, if it hapens an accident with my thread nobody dies!

tbh hes had talk about him all season and all last season, been great to the spine of the squad, and quite recently he said in an interview " if a better offer comes in, i may think about having to accept it" so why do you think about giving a player saying stuff like that praise? yeah hes been outstanding for us this season but whats he got to show for it?
SuuPeRrSteviieG!!

Postby roberto green » Mon May 11, 2009 5:52 pm

SuuPeRrSteviieG!! wrote:
Sabre wrote:We're already in December and no tribute threads not nor Mascherano talk praising his game?

It's unbelievable I say this but too much praises for Alonso these days, it's time to have a bit of Mascherano talk. He deserves a lot of praise.

It's difficult to be focused in games like yesterday. You're top of the table, you're qualified, you don't play your strongest eleven, you play the second keeper. But it makes no difference for Mascherano, his attitude in his game was superb.

He's an expensive player, but he's worth the last penny Liverpool paid for him.

He's that good at what he does, that some even thought Alonso is a poor holding midfielder in comparison, and Alonso is not a poor holding midfielder he sat down Hamman and he has played the position for Spain (which is not Chile or Norway, with all due respect).

His dirty (aka unseen) work has made possible that Alonso this year goes upper, and while the basque gets the credit, Mascherano hasn't seen that much praise. That's unfair.

So as a conclussion, I don't think Mascherano is doing an average season but a good one, and his work is very sacrificed and ungrateful.

What do you think about his season? Opinions about him?

P.S. Mods, as soon as I posted, I realised the Mascherano is out thread has been recovered, please do the merging if you wish. Do it without fear, if it hapens an accident with my thread nobody dies!

tbh hes had talk about him all season and all last season, been great to the spine of the squad, and quite recently he said in an interview " if a better offer comes in, i may think about having to accept it" so why do you think about giving a player saying stuff like that praise? yeah hes been outstanding for us this season but whats he got to show for it?

:laugh:  :wwww
roberto green

Postby supersub » Mon May 11, 2009 5:58 pm

SuuPeRrSteviieG!! wrote:tbh hes had talk about him all season and all last season, been great to the spine of the squad, and quite recently he said in an interview " if a better offer comes in, i may think about having to accept it" so why do you think about giving a player saying stuff like that praise? yeah hes been outstanding for us this season but whats he got to show for it?

It's only in the last week the manc biased press have tried to disrupt the rapport that Mascherano has with the Liverpool fans but it will never work.
        What's he got to show for it you ask, respect from everyone connected to Liverpool football club.
   I'm sure you share that respect :;):
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby DrPepe » Mon May 11, 2009 6:04 pm

from the beeb  :buttrock

Mascherano dismisses exit rumours

Javier Mascherano has expressed his desire to remain at Liverpool despite having recently suggested he was uncertain over his future at Anfield.

"My future is here and I will continue to give 100% and it will always be like this," said the midfielder.

"I think we have taken a big step this season, a really big step."

Previously, the 24-year-old said in a TV interview he could not rule out a summer exit, stating that the club may decide to sell him for the right price.

Mascherano officially became a Liverpool player in February 2007, joining the Reds on loan before signing a permanent deal a year later for a transfer fee believed to be about £18.6m.

606: DEBATE
How important is Mascherano to the team?

The Argentine has become a regular member of manager Rafa Benitez's first team and believes the club have improved considerably in the years since he arrived.

"In the past three or four seasons Liverpool have lost the league maybe in December or January but this time we are there right at the very end of the season and we still have a chance so this is very important," he added.

"Our job now is to continue to work hard and to improve because we have shown that we can win against the biggest teams."
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Mon May 11, 2009 6:10 pm

DrPepe wrote:from the beeb  :buttrock

Mascherano dismisses exit rumours

Javier Mascherano has expressed his desire to remain at Liverpool despite having recently suggested he was uncertain over his future at Anfield.

"My future is here and I will continue to give 100% and it will always be like this," said the midfielder.

"I think we have taken a big step this season, a really big step."

Previously, the 24-year-old said in a TV interview he could not rule out a summer exit, stating that the club may decide to sell him for the right price.

Mascherano officially became a Liverpool player in February 2007, joining the Reds on loan before signing a permanent deal a year later for a transfer fee believed to be about £18.6m.

606: DEBATE
How important is Mascherano to the team?

The Argentine has become a regular member of manager Rafa Benitez's first team and believes the club have improved considerably in the years since he arrived.

"In the past three or four seasons Liverpool have lost the league maybe in December or January but this time we are there right at the very end of the season and we still have a chance so this is very important," he added.

.......................and Tevez will be joining him  oh yes :bowdown
roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion