BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL - Swiftly moving on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:04 pm

Reminded me a lot of the Atletico Madrid away game. First half we completely bossed it, hit the bar, scored a great goal (if that was Arsenal they'd have been raving about it for weeks) and Keane, like Athletico missed a sitter from two yards by trying to be too clever. Ok they put us under pressure a lot more in the second half but even then Gerrard proceded to miss from two yards before finally killing the game.

Don't like Carragher at fullback but I thought he did a good job. Aurelio proved why he must be first choice left back by his cross for the goal. Riera showed some lovely touches. Alonso played well again and Kuyt got on the scoresheet again. So all in all pretty happy.

It's not a bad time for Gerrard to be injured if I'm honest. If we can't beat Fulham at home without him then we don't deserve to be up there.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:58 pm

stmichael wrote:It's not a bad time for Gerrard to be injured if I'm honest. If we can't beat Fulham at home without him then we don't deserve to be up there.

You're right about this, but I've still got a feeling that we'll see Stevie on the bench (like against the mancs) ready to come on for a bit if needed. Hopefully there won't be any need to rush him back though, but you never know. Fulham have got one of the best defensive records of the entire league (though that's mainly due to their home form) and they'll no doubt try to pull a Stoke on us. In that case a late Gerrard screamer or throughball for Torres might be just the thing we desperately need. As I said though: hopefully the boys are able to dispose of Fulham without Stevie necessarily having to enter the field.
JamCar05

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion