Peter crouch un-dropable?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:40 am

I've always had the feeling that we would sell Crouch this summer but if we can keep up that level of service then he can be a bigger asset than I possibly thought. I didn't see the merit in keeping a player we could get good money for if he wasn't going to play much but if we can manage to keep the supply lines open he will prosper. Aurelio's crosses, accurate and fast are the type he will thrive off aerially because all he needs to do is direct the ball goalwards as the power is already in the ball.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:43 am

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:To the ppl who knocked me for supporting crouch, shuv it up ur a.rse! :p

a broken clock tells the right time twice a day tho dude  :p

but the crouchman did good, no complaints about his game saturday
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:22 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:To the ppl who knocked me for supporting crouch, shuv it up ur a.rse! :p

:rasp  :rasp  :D  :D Its been a long wait for you Wrighty.Good display by the big man but he has been pants in most games and just like any player was rightfully criticised.
club_Levis

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Sod the opposition tomorrow. We should be looking to blow PSV to bits come tomorrow night and for that reason you have to play your inform players. Arsenal wouldn't rest a fit Henry because the opposition might try and counter his attributes. The lad's on fire and for me he must play.

If necessary, play Bellamy off him for pace, or f#ck it, play all three, but to drop Crouchie for tomorrow after the best performance of his career would be unfathomable in my mind.

He'll absolutely own that PSV defence in the absence of Alex too.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby grayghost » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:07 pm

I have never been Crouchs bigest fan to slow to weak bad in the air. But what a game he had. And he should keep his place for the next game he was on fire taking people on linking up well and his goals were top class.
If he keeps it up we may fetch a preety peny for him in the transfer market because thats were i suspect were he may be going. ??? ???
grayghost

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:08 pm

club_Levis wrote:

:rasp  :rasp  :D  :D Its been a long wait for you Wrighty.Good display by the big man but he has been pants in most games and just like any player was rightfully criticised.

Fair play to ya for sticking to ya guns like lol
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:45 pm

I reckon Big crouchie has played his way into the team for tomorrow nights game. Especially when you consider that PSV's best centre half (Alex) is out of the game. They will have watched highlights on the Arsenal game and will be sh*tting themselves :p
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:50 pm

He is defo in tomos game with Alex being out bet your bottom dollar on it mate
grayghost

Postby Marianne » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:47 pm

I have to agree, I thought Crouchie was a bad buy at first, but he is a great asset to the club! What a hat-rick!  Welcome back!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby EddieC » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:45 pm

Marianne wrote:I have to agree, I thought Crouchie was a bad buy at first, but he is a great asset to the club! What a hat-rick!  Welcome back!

What does Rick's hat look like then?

:rasp  :rasp  :rasp
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:03 am

when u lot, or some of you say he'll never be a 20 goal a season striker are you aware he has 17 goals this seaon already and he has missed alot of games? or do you mean 20 league goals??
since crouchie broke his duck against wigan his scoring ratio for club and country has been as good as anyones yet he still gets stick and alot of strikers dont offer what he does if you take away goals
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:08 am

RedBlood wrote:when u lot, or some of you say he'll never be a 20 goal a season striker are you aware he has 17 goals this seaon already and he has missed alot of games? or do you mean 20 league goals??
since crouchie broke his duck against wigan his scoring ratio for club and country has been as good as anyones yet he still gets stick and alot of strikers dont offer what he does if you take away goals

I think most people mean 20+ league goals a season.

Crouch has 17 now you say? Must say i am suprised (can't be bothered looking it up, sorry)
Does that include his ECL goals? and his international goals?

I thought he was on around 9-10 goals for the league. could be wrong.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:15 am

9 goals so far in the league, same as Kuyt. But then it's never been purely about rotation. I believe Rafa would play the strikers according to what tactics he has lined up for specific opposition. For example, Crouchy is no use when the team is set-up for fast counter attacks.

Also, 1 game does not make a God (with respect to Robbie :) ). If the next game he misses 3 sitters, then everyone will be saying "Sell him!" all over again. Don't get me wrong though. I am for ANY Liverpool player proving himself to be excellent. Heck, I would even welcome Salif Diao back if he suddenly begins to play like Vieira :D
alxy

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:30 am

I think the booing of Peter Crouch comes down to jealously.

Think about it like this:

1- He has a girlfriend who will probably let you do any depraved perverted thing you can think of to her.

2- He gets loads of goals.

3- He's probably got tons of money.

4- He plays for Liverpool FC

5- He's really ugly, but still managed to get a sexually liberated girl, loads of goals, bought by Liverpool and has got tons of money.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:26 am

:(  Just read the first page of this topic and our Phil posted in it.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion