Peter crouch un-dropable?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby club_Levis » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:24 am

grayghost wrote:He is defo in tomos game with Alex being out bet your bottom dollar on it mate

Based on his performance over the weekend and type of opposition he has to play.
club_Levis

Postby DAV » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:58 am

Crouch played well against ARSENAL
but :censored: like this is a joke

I think the booing of Peter Crouch comes down to jealously.

Think about it like this:

1- He has a girlfriend who will probably let you do any depraved perverted thing you can think of to her.

2- He gets loads of goals.

3- He's probably got tons of money.

4- He plays for Liverpool FC

5- He's really ugly, but still managed to get a sexually liberated girl, loads of goals, bought by Liverpool and has got tons of money.

--------------
Their have players over the years who I havent liked but jealously.
Do me a favour, u clown, its all about opinions, we all think differntly about players. Players we would like to sign and players we would like to leave.
Crouch aint my favourite player, nor was heskey- I dont boo them but  i'm certainly not jealous.
I have a wife and kids and a season ticket o and i'm rubbish at football.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:41 am

DAV wrote:Crouch played well against ARSENAL
but :censored: like this is a joke

I think the booing of Peter Crouch comes down to jealously.

Think about it like this:

1- He has a girlfriend who will probably let you do any depraved perverted thing you can think of to her.

2- He gets loads of goals.

3- He's probably got tons of money.

4- He plays for Liverpool FC

5- He's really ugly, but still managed to get a sexually liberated girl, loads of goals, bought by Liverpool and has got tons of money.

--------------
Their have players over the years who I havent liked but jealously.
Do me a favour, u clown, its all about opinions, we all think differntly about players. Players we would like to sign and players we would like to leave.
Crouch aint my favourite player, nor was heskey- I dont boo them but  i'm certainly not jealous.
I have a wife and kids and a season ticket o and i'm rubbish at football.

Humour is obviously lost on you.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:19 pm

PabloAimar wrote:yes ok, we'll see at the end of the season how many appearances he makes for liverpool/england and we'll also set aside a few seconds to count how many goals/assists he gets.

btw, it also took him 14 games to get an assist for liverpool - wat a legend

however, in light of everything that's been said i'd like to retract my statement about him not being a good footballer - in fact, i think he is rubbish. he belongs in a mid-table team playing wimbeldon style football. Now that we've got kuyt and bellamy in, u will all begin to see crouch for what he originally was bought as - a fringe player

:blues:

let's weigh up the pros n cons of his game:

1. he cant shoot
2. he cant header
3. he has no balance (always falls over or gets his legs tangled up)
4. he does step-overs on the by-line ...what other idiot would fake that he's gna run the ball out of play?
5. he has NO pace
6. he has NO power
7. he is a very 'stationary' player - doesnt move much at all, on or off the ball
8. we have strikers such as fowler, bellamy and kuyt

PROS:

1. he's taller than andre the giant
2. he has a lovely soft touch
3. emmmm, according to you lot he brings others into play - i always thought that was called 'passing the ball' (anyway, i'll let u hav that one)

:buttrock

sorry. it just made me laugh looking back on this ridiculous post now. :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RedRoots » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:57 pm

You've gotta love crouchy he just seems like a top bloke who enjoys playing ball and the lifestyle that goes with it.

Check out the man in all his glory, :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv1EbxiRWxk
RedRoots

Postby radun5 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:43 am

EddieC wrote:
Elchris wrote:i wish he does it more consistant....itz been the biggest problem this season our strikers are not scoring consistanly....all of our current strikers are capable of doing that

He's got a ratio of 0.42 goals per game, IMO that's pretty f#cking good for the type of player he is. He's never gonna be a 20+ goal a season striker, we need to buy someone who is, but he's a vital member of the squad for me. I honestly can't name anyone better at holding the ball up & bringing others into the play.

With 17 goals and some 10 games still to play you can not rule out a 20+goals figure this season.

What is amazing is that he is finally making good use of his height. I mean, he started to actually head the ball - at least in the last two matches.
radun5

Postby Espionage » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:22 am

radun5 wrote:
EddieC wrote:
Elchris wrote:i wish he does it more consistant....itz been the biggest problem this season our strikers are not scoring consistanly....all of our current strikers are capable of doing that

He's got a ratio of 0.42 goals per game, IMO that's pretty f#cking good for the type of player he is. He's never gonna be a 20+ goal a season striker, we need to buy someone who is, but he's a vital member of the squad for me. I honestly can't name anyone better at holding the ball up & bringing others into the play.

With 17 goals and some 10 games still to play you can not rule out a 20+goals figure this season.

What is amazing is that he is finally making good use of his height. I mean, he started to actually head the ball - at least in the last two matches.

Needs to be 20 in the league, not 20 all up. 

FFS, I just cant wait until the start of next season to see how our squad looks.  After winning it 6 times we will be able to attract every budding player.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:50 am

I've given up trying to defend good players like Crouch to stupid fans who can't tell their arse from their face. Every club will have idiots who will find criticism with the best of players. They either do it to be different and incite arguments or they are actually idiots who clearly know nothing about football.

I originally thought 7m for Crouch was the biggest waste of money we had ever spent. By I defy anyone to tell me they wouldn't pay that again based on the performances we have seen him play since being at the club?
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:55 am

SouthCoastshankly
Crouch has played well the last 2 games.
I'm not his biggest fan but fair play to the lad, i have seen alot of improvement in his game, which i hope continues.
But 7million- i still aint worth that now,
So DEFY me
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:16 pm

I'd say that since his return from his nose op that yes he does seem undropable at the moment just look at the obvious 4 goals in 2 games and the way he took his hat-trick against Arsenal was real class! The boy seemed on fire in that game with a point to prove and did it in style!
KOPMATT

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:15 pm

It's worth noting that that's two clinical finishes in two games with his head.  Amazing what some decent service and a little training ground heading practice can do.  Keep it up, lad. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:17 pm

yeah maybe he should break his nose more often :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Elchris » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:25 pm

He's stepping up with style....hope sissoko would do the same,it will only benefit the team
Elchris

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:28 pm

It does my head in that people are making out that he is only playing well at late. It's ridiculous. Just give the man games and more opportunities like he is getting and he will score.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:32 pm

crouch's treatment this season hasn't been good imo. earlier on in the season it seemed as if everytime he scored or had a decent game he got dropped to the bench.

you can't argue with the facts though. this season for club and country he's started 29 games and scored 22 goals. that's phenomenal by anyone's standards.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion