man city v LIVERPOOL Sun 8th Nov 4.30pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:19 pm

Reg » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:04 am wrote:Sadly when you look at Greg Clarke this week you realise the quality of people involved in football from top to bottom is way below par. The administrators, officials, player's agents... corrupt, incompetent and all drawn to the honey pot of big bucks.

The FA has always been a rich boys jolly club, its been a joke for as long as I can remember, having pots of cash to buy a football club seems to automatically make them experts on the game. The succession of yes man England managers with the resulting consequence of not winning a major trophy since 1966 is testament to their incompetence.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:14 pm wrote:[quote="[url=https://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1319732#p1319732].

That deliberate handball rule is on the books but refs have never applied it to the letter of the law, if they did you’d barely get any pens given for handball, very, very few of them are deliberate, the vast majority are accidental or clumsy rather than deliberate.

I don't think a lack of penalties is a bad thing....I don't watch football to see an abundance of penalty kicks.......I only want penalties given for the correct reason and if that means we see them very occasionally so be it.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:16 am

supersub » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:19 pm wrote:
I don't think a lack of penalties is a bad thing....I don't watch football to see an abundance of penalty kicks.......I only want penalties given for the correct reason and if that means we see them very occasionally so be it.

I wouldn’t disagree with any of that but as I say given how the game has been reffed for at least the last 50 years if you are as far away from De Bruyne as Gomez was and the ball strikes you on the hand inside the box there’s a very good chance the ref is pointing to the spot.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:40 am

disagree I've been watching for 50 years and I've seen over the the interpretation of the rule alter dramatically...do you recall John Terry actually have his arms hanging wide from his body on many occasions , stopping shots but penalties were never given. I would say it's been the last 5 years were the handball  rule has been eroded from being a deliberate action penalty to any contact with hand to shoulder becomes a penalty. Of course there will be instances over the last 15 years that you may find that a ref has given a penalty for accidental hand ball, but they were usually european games .
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games